Hazoret's undying fury doesn't cast when confirm [Investigating]

Options
RithPrimeval
RithPrimeval Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
In the legacy training ground I play a legacy Karn deck that combo's Hazoret's undying fury (HuF) and Season's Past (SP) to keep casting SP's to trigger Imminent Doom (ID) to deal lethal damage. With the new update a number of cards (spells?) gained a confirmation prompt instead of automatically being cast.
HuF is one of these cards but I noticed it sometimes doesn't cast even when confirmed. I suspect it only does this when it's the only card in hand when you try to cast it. I played around a bit with the deck and keeping another card disabled in hand seems to resolve the issue at least.

Maybe this is a problem with other cards that gained the confirmation prompt? 
Tagged:

Comments

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Had the same happen.  I theorize that if you click slightly outside the confirmation box it counts it as a cancel.
  • RithPrimeval
    RithPrimeval Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had a similar idea at first too but when I paid attention to it, it still happened  I used the deck in the pve event quite a bit and the keeping a card in hand trick worked. Don't know why number of cards in hand should affect HuF but I'm quite convinced it does. 
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, it fails to cast for me when it's the only card left in my hand.  Cost me multiple games so far.  Guess I'm gonna have to stop using it until this is fixed.

• nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    All of the conditional cards seem to be REQUIRING their optional drawbacks. THIS SUCKS
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gabrosin said:
    Yeah, it fails to cast for me when it's the only card left in my hand.  Cost me multiple games so far.  Guess I'm gonna have to stop using it until this is fixed.

It is the same for me, if it is the only card in hand it asks but it does not cast.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nerdstrap said:
    All of the conditional cards seem to be REQUIRING their optional drawbacks. THIS SUCKS
    Yeah, its definitely not correct.  But it seems consistent with Oktagon's issues differentiating between mandatory costs and supplemental effects.
  • rafalele
    Options
    Please @Brigby @LakeStone @Oktagon_Daiane has anyone taken note of these bugs with mandatory costs and supplemental effects? (Thank you Mburn7 for your description) 

(See also this one https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74393/fraying-omnipotence-is-bugged)
  • rafalele
    Options
    @Brigby  Karn's Temporal Sundering is other example, if no creature is choosen the spell does not cast, before 2.8 update it did. Of course I had a Legendary creature in the battlefield.

The text says:
    Can only be cast if you control a Legendary Creature. Gain 1 Extra Swap. Return target creature to its owner's hand.

• Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HuF don´t cast sometimes too... Sometimes until two turn without cast...Same with full mana. It´s a new bug  :(
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed this immediately and am in the same bandwagon as mentioned above about the secondary requirement.
    I've tested this with a couple other God-spells (Oketra's Last Mercy et. al.) and the behavior is consistent.
    My thought is that these cards aren't bugged now but they all were before.
    Requiring another card with at least 1 mana isn't a deal-breaker if you plan for it.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zzyzzx said:
    I noticed this immediately and am in the same bandwagon as mentioned above about the secondary requirement.
    I've tested this with a couple other God-spells (Oketra's Last Mercy et. al.) and the behavior is consistent.
    My thought is that these cards aren't bugged now but they all were before.
    Requiring another card with at least 1 mana isn't a deal-breaker if you plan for it.
    I'm not sure about that.  The mana drain effect is to match the paper version's effect "your lands don't untap during your next untap step"
    Theoretically, if you could cast one of the Final _ spells while not having any lands, the spell would still resolve (since that isn't a cost, just a secondary effect).

It should be the same here.  The mana drain is not a cost, it is an effect.  Therefore, the spell should cast regardless of cards in hand and mana stored.  If it were a cost the orders would be reversed (when you cast this card drain all mana from other cards in your hand, and then *effect* instead of when you cast this card *effect* and then drain all mana from cards in your hand)

What you are thinking of is like the old bug with Olivia where the creatures would still be buffed even though you don't have any cards in hand to discard.  The difference is in that case the discard is a part of the ability cost, so not being able to discard means you cannot use the ability.
  • rafalele
    Options
    Fixed in 2.9, tested in story mode.