Repeater Tiles and Active Powers
In being forced to use Emma Frost in this Hulk event, I came to a realization about repeater tiles... they pretty much all suck.
I started thinking of all the ACTIVE powers that put repeaters down (some may be missing, but here's a short list):
- 2 and 3 * Human Torch (do variable damage)
- 3* Black Panther (generate a Shield tile)
- 3* Blade (destroy AP)
- 3* Punisher (AOE on cast, generate a Fist tile)
- 4* Emma Frost (Destroy special tiles OR destroy AP; generate tiles/buff tiles: both on delays)
- 4* Rocket/Groot (damage + Fist tile)
Most of these powers are rough to use for multiple reasons:
- Most do nothing when cast (exception: Punisher )
- Most have multi-round delays before activating (exception: Punisher, Grocket, Torch)
- All are placed randomly
My suggestion is 2-fold (chose one, the other or both):
- Active powers that generate repeater tiles should have that tile's effect take place when the tile is created.
- Active powers that generate repeater tiles should allow the player to pick the tile
- 3* Panther would generate a protect tile when placing the repeater
- 3* Blade would destroy 1-3 AP when placing the tile
For #2, it would just make protecting these fragile powers a bit easier. The placement could still be limited based on color (i.e.: Torch's repeater still has to go on a green, but we get to choose which green).