Alliance Event Progression

Options
Ptahhotep
Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
I would like to suggest a small change to the way that alliance events work. Currently in most events it is necessary to hit the higher levels of the boss in order to achieve full personal progression. I believe it should be possible to achieve personal progression regardless of what your team mates do.
What I suggest is to remove the boss from the personal progression scoring and only use the points scored on the side nodes. It would then be possible to achieve full progression even if you are in a casual alliance and no one else enters the event. It would also mean that players in very strong alliances that finish off the boss early still have something to chase for the duration of the event.

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    If they do that I expect they'd need to lower the maximum progression scores. The boss is worth a significant amount of points each round, so removing the boss's points from personal progression would not only severely hinder personal progression, but may actually make it impossible for those in a casual alliance to hit full progression.

I used to roll with a casual alliance and IIRC (it was almost a year ago) I would hit full personal progression on Sunday, just hours before the event closed. Had the boss's points been removed from my score I'd have never hit full personal progression.

What may help those in casual alliances hit full progression more easily would be for the side nodes to only scale up when a Round is beaten.

edit replaced a word beginning with 'r' that means to slow down/hinder with the word 'hinder' because the profanity filter doesn't like a certain word even when used in its correct context.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    If they do that I expect they'd need to lower the maximum progression scores. The boss is worth a significant amount of points each round, so removing the boss's points from personal progression would not only severely hinder personal progression, but may actually make it impossible for those in a casual alliance to hit full progression.
    I am in a casual alliance and don’t manage to hit full personal progression even with hitting every side node every time it’s available and hitting the boss. It requires the rest of the alliance to assist by moving the boss to higher levels; that’s not personal progression, it’s alliance progression. I am saying make progression only dependent on side nodes. There would be no reliance on the boss node with its variable score, it would not be counted towards or required for the progression score. A player would only need to hit all or most of the side nodes to achieve full personal progression. It shouldn’t matter for personal progression whether all the players in an alliance contribute or only one plays the event.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    While I hear what you are saying, I can't really agree with it. The majority of this game, for most players, is based on their own personal playing habits. Yes, being in an (overly) active alliance does give you more rewards on every event, but the majority of players are not in a Top 100 alliance. 

To me, your title says it all. These are Alliance Events. Your personal progression should be tied to your alliance as that is the whole point of these events. If you are in an alliance that is not active enough to allow you to hit your personal progression goal, then perhaps you need to consider changing alliances rather than advocate a change to how the game works. 

Just my .02 cents, and no offense meant.