New Supports: Lockheed (9/25/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

PERK LISTPerk 1Rank 5 Level 250At the start of the turn, there's a 24% chance to fortify a random friendly special tile.Perk 3Rank 5 Level 250Damage from enemy powers is reduced by 1,792.Perk 5Rank 5 Level 250When the supported character fires a power, there's a 75% chance of creating a strength 637 Strike tile.Kitty Pryde Synergy PerkRank 5 Level 250At the start of the battle, create 1 strength 299 Protect tile for every X-Men character on the team.STORE OFFERS
GeneralNew vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM EDT on September 25th.
All special offers last for two days.Supports: Lockheed StoreHas all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)Hulkling (Young Avengers)Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space)Carol's Communicator (Super Beeper)The Carol Corps (Banshee Squadron)Chewie (Flerken Feline)Mirror Image (Loki's Trickery)Yaro Root (Not Ripe)
Pocket Radio (Party Starter)Lockheed (Dragon Companion)Lockheed (Dragon Companion) is available at 4x oddsHas Beginner, Advanced, and Master packsThe odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.Only visible if you have a token for the store.Lockheed VaultA 120 item vault1x Supports: Lockheed Master Token5x Supports: Lockheed Advanced Tokens9x Supports: Lockheed Beginner Tokens1x random 4-Star Cover14x random 3-Star Covers63x random 2-Stars Covers1x 6,000 Red Iso-83x 4,000 Red Iso-83x 3,000 Red Iso-82x 1,000 Red Iso-83x 500 Red Iso-82x 5,000 Iso-85x 1,500 Iso-88x 1,000 Iso-8Cyclops Heroes for HireAvailable to all playersAvailable in the Heroes for Hire store4,800 Hero PointsMaximum 1 purchase.Contents:1x Cyclops (Classic) Yellow cover2x Lockheed Advanced Tokens3x Lockheed Beginner Tokens30,000 Red Iso-8Wolverine Heroes for HireAvailable to all playersAvailable in the Heroes for Hire store250 Command PointsMaximum 1 purchase.Contents:1x Wolverine (X-Force) Green cover1x Lockheed Master Token3x Lockheed Advanced Tokens100,000 Red Iso-8

Comments

• akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Quoting myself from the Red Iso thread but I am very interested in the answer. Also hurrah for 20x the Red Iso.

akboyce said:
    Hey @Brigby

Just noticed the new Lockheed Support Sales in Hero for Hire. Looks like you raised the Red Iso in the 250 CP bundles from 5k to 100k and in the 4800 HP bundle it went form 1.5k to 30k. That is a sweet 20x raise.  

Now for the question you KNOW is incoming. Will those early supporters of the support system be awarded the difference (after contacting CS of course). It would feel pretty bad to have your early adopters be punished for supporting the feature while you guys figured out the red iso economy. 

Obviously I am hoping you back fill but I am at least thrilled you guys are increasing the flow.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was pretty sure that was going to be Lockheed! He looks pretty good to me, too, since the first two Perks and the Synergy bonus don't require the Character with the Support to do anything other than be there, which can be really nice with some passive-heavy support Characters.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    This is definitely one of the better supports so far. Nice abilities without feeling OP and the Kitty specific ability is nice for speeding her up but doesn’t feel like something that should have been built into her. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you compare Lockheed Rank 1 perks with the older generation of Supports with 5 perks, Lockheed Rank 1 perk is a lot weaker than other support with 5 perks. For example, Chimichanga fortifies at 50%; Hydra Henchmen at 40%; Destroyer Fun at 40%. 

Otherwise, it's pretty awesome to see 20x increase in red-ISO in the bundle and a big increase of red ISO in the vault.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    really sad to see this as a support.
    I really wanted Lockheed as an actual character to use with Lockjaw
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Wow that synergy perk! 3 shields to start and then kitty takes ovah!  You could have kitty and Prof and meanjean boosting up like crazy protecting against any of the phoenix backlash. Imagine with Rogue? cue MCHammer can't touch this. Psylock gets in on the boostying and could spam out the red keeping prof in specials.  It's pretty awesome support that slides in nicely with Kittyz kit without feeling like that missing piece or that you NEED to pair them or he is useless. I could see him with Jubilee keeping her safe or even with OML putting out strikes that you could burn with Still Sharp and keep them because of the fortifying properties, he could pair well with Shuri/Powerman. 2 shields and wasp/IF em, tons of utility

These three perk supports just feel lacking. Lockheed could have done with some direct damage(he breathes fire!) and an AP boost without making him over the top. I hope ya'll take a new fresh look at how you build future supports. Peoples perception at the start was definitely tainted by the lack of Riso and support availability. The feeling that they didn't do anything was because of this far more than the 250 numbers potential. Please rebalance some older ones and flesh out perks 2/4 for the newer ones. 

Biggest complaint and why I won't personally ever purchase one of these "deals"(but I have purchased other bundles in past and will in future but specifically the releases): You don't get the support in question. You have shown that you can bundle specific supports at a fixed rank in the Rare Avenges/we are deadpool/YA/etcetc but for the release it's massively diluted, chances within chances. and it's not like you could even whale em if you wanted to as they are one time offers.

I just hope that these tinykitty bundles are the last holdover from the previous handling and whomever is finally getting they head out the booty and fixing the broke addresses these too. I have faith that they will get it right and continue to fix the ish. I remain a proponent of Supports and given the right methods would chase them more than new 4* /5* covers. I think they bring a lot of depth and flavor to the game. Once they get leveled up enough they bring pleasant surprises to the match, it always makes me smile when IM40 puts out his recharge tiles AND you pop some red that causes a cascade. Or vulture takes off and fortify's his green CD. little bits of unexpected happiness keep the grindmonster at bay

PSSST....what about bonus heroes for Supports?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Have these Hero For Hire offers always been completely devoid of Hero Points and Iso-8? Seems like the gargantuan increase in Red Iso comes at the cost of you getting those other 2 resources from these offers. Now that I'm starting to hoard pretty decent amounts of CP and can afford to spend on one of these here and there, can't say I I like that. 
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Have these Hero For Hire offers always been completely devoid of Hero Points and Iso-8? Seems like the gargantuan increase in Red Iso comes at the cost of you getting those other 2 resources from these offers. Now that I'm starting to hoard pretty decent amounts of CP and can afford to spend on one of these here and there, can't say I I like that. 

Yes the support bundles have always only had tokens and Red Iso and a cover:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75023/new-supports-pocket-radio-updated-9-7-18#latest

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74606/new-supports-mirror-image-8-13-18#latest

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74288/new-supports-stepford-cuckoos-7-31-18#latest

I am still hoping that people who bought these bundles will have some Red Iso credited to them. Buying EVERY previous support bundle puts you close to the total Red Iso of this single new one.

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Clearly not much excitement over this support. I expected a lot more activity in this thread. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Clearly not much excitement over this support. I expected a lot more activity in this thread. 
    The odds of actually getting Lockheed aren't particularly good. That's probably cooled any enthusiasm over it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    My excitement came and went before the Support was ever announced.

Kitty's announcement meant a Lockheed was inevitable, but I've got to acquire and build and champ Kitty before it even becomes really useful to have Lockheed (since dropping the supports from 5 to 3 perks limits their versatility when equipped to characters that don't have the synergy perk), and then there's the general limited availability on top of that. So while I'm super excited he exists, it's kinda the way I'm excited that the Great Pyramids exist, even though I don't really have plans to go see them in person. It's more of an academic/theoretical excitement, as opposed to something tangible and worth expressing.