***** Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) *****

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako said:
    Kinda sucks that her passive will neither deal damage nor shut down those auto special tile creator. The special tiles are replaced on your turn, then in the opponent's turn they create a new one. 
    While generally true, when the opponent makes a special tile, then matches it away, it would trigger the damage if it wasn't the first instance. That happens often enough by the AI that it is worth mention.
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I Don't see the point of using her with carnage because her purple activates when there are no more special enemy tiles.. unless I am reading someyhing wrong ?? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    elko90 said:
    I Don't see the point of using her with carnage because her purple activates when there are no more special enemy tiles.. unless I am reading someyhing wrong ?? 

Look at the passive part of the yellow Power. That's what gets people excited about pairing her with Carnage.

(Also, Purple requires at least one enemy special tile to activate to begin with, but that's neither here nor there with Carnage).

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    Let's not forget that all three powers are listed at champion level 450, so to play her you will have to reduce one or two of the powers from where they are listed in the description.
    I agree she has very good potential in PVE, but also I can see good use in PvP depending on who the essential character is. 
    Automatically overwriting an enemy countdown tile can be super helpful, like versus Carol for example (vulture green, Grocket green, etc). 

She will  automatically erase 2 of the 3 recharge tiles placed by im40 (think LRs). Tons of situations like this... then damage once the board is clear. Cool.
  • Quebbster
    5/5/3
    Red seems to gain the least from extra levels. Purple absolutely need to be at at least 4, it is a lot less efficient at level 3, and overwriting countdowns too is extremely valuable too. Yellow wants to spam the board with special tiles, so it should be at 5 covers to maximize effectiveness.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Just tested out my 0/0/1 Shadowcat against Daken. Apparently Daken’s Chemical Reaction makes Kitty’s Red proc twice: once for the initial damage, and again when Daken converts the Strike tiles for additional damage.
  • Quebbster
    5/5/3
    Just tested out my 0/0/1 Shadowcat against Daken. Apparently Daken’s Chemical Reaction makes Kitty’s Red proc twice: once for the initial damage, and again when Daken converts the Strike tiles for additional damage.
    Yes, there is a well-known bug that makes that count as two instances of damage.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    5/5/3
    Quebbster said:
    Yes, there is a well-known bug that makes that count as two instances of damage.
    Yes i know about that bug, we all do. I just didn’t think it would make Kitty’s Red proc twice. For example, Daken's Blue doesn't make Strange's Faltine Flames proc twice.
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Her Purple sounds great!
    However, Kitty didn't turned out as I expected. 
    I thought she's going to have an Invisibility Power or something else. 
    She's a Special tile placer and depends on them.

There have been so many Special tile placers added to the game recently like: Emma Frost, Nebula...
    I really want a new character that is truly unique to the game, I hope one day.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Her purple is interesting. I originally thought it would not work against someone like Scarlet Witch or 3* Iron Fist/Luke Cage, but it does, sorta...

Once the AI places their special tile, on your turn Kitty places her repeater on a random basic tile. So nothing happens there. The next turn, this repeater jumps to the special tile and overwrites it and then immediately deals the passive damage component and destroys the repeater. The AI then auto-places its special tile and the process repeats. 

So it will work against auto-special tile generators in this fashion, but every other turn. 

The interesting thing is that once it has eaten the last enemy special tile the damage is immediately dealt.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The interesting thing is that once it has eaten the last enemy special tile the damage is immediately dealt.

Yeah, my alliance had a lot of discussion about this earlier today. It looks like the trigger is part of the repeater, but while the text is ON the repeater, it's a separate effect, so it triggers the instant it can't detect special tiles, regardless of how the last special tile was removed (causing it to go off immediately after replacing the last one, like you said). That wasn't how we initially interpreted it, and makes it a far more interesting power.

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Oh wow, so she also completely shuts down Daredevil too. He's almost worth keeping around at half health to feed her purple damage every turn.
    How does her purple work with an enemy repeater? I know it won't overwrite it, but it says "if there are no enemy special tiles". So will it just hang around until there is a s/p/a or cd to overwrite?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know what happens when she faces Medusa or XPool?

As in if she over writes their CD's do they proc for damage (XPool) or create attack tiles (Medusa).

KGB
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

As in if she over writes their CD's do they proc for damage (XPool) or create attack tiles (Medusa).

KGB
    Neither of those triggers when overwritten by anything else, so I don't see why they would here. Same with 4* Grocket's green.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

KGB
    Word going around is that Kitty's repeater overwrites, so it neither matches nor destroys, so it doesn't create attack tiles for Medusa (I remember people specifically commenting on Medusa, I would presume it counts the same for XFDP).
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    5/5/3
    should be good against any auto-damager (bolt, medusa...)

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Her purple is interesting. I originally thought it would not work against someone like Scarlet Witch or 3* Iron Fist/Luke Cage, but it does, sorta...

Once the AI places their special tile, on your turn Kitty places her repeater on a random basic tile. So nothing happens there. The next turn, this repeater jumps to the special tile and overwrites it and then immediately deals the passive damage component and destroys the repeater. The AI then auto-places its special tile and the process repeats. 

So it will work against auto-special tile generators in this fashion, but every other turn. 

Wow! This makes her purple much more interesting. Erasing a special tile & dealing damage for free every other turn is much better than what I originally thought she would do. She's a counter to those auto-special tile generators now. 

fork1977 said:
    Her red DOES go off if damage is dealt, even if your shields prevent it.  I’ve had a Thor bomb
    hit for -1 and her red procs for each member of the team.  
    I've just realized that there is no minimum damage requirement for her red to activate. The only condition is the damage source is from an opponent's power, so it works really well with protect tiles, which is something she can create by herself as well as buffing them. 

So with the combination of her yellow and her red, you can punish your opponent for firing damage dealing powers with damage-over-time. And the DOT will also keep increasing since she can buff the attack tiles with her yellow. The problem seems to be that the protect tiles she create are too weak for reducing power damage from 5* characters and relying on buffing them to the point of them being reliable take many turns. Still, she looks more and more like a fun character to play imo. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    Does the repeater stay purple when it replaces another tile, or switch to the color of the replaced tile?
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Does the repeater stay purple when it replaces another tile, or switch to the color of the replaced tile?
    It switches.  The switch is random if there are multiple tiles on the board.