Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    For some reason I started Reading the name of 1* and 2* Black Widow's Purple cover as "Aggressive Raccoon". I like the thought of her tossing an irate mammal at the opposition. :)
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    For some reason I started Reading the name of 1* and 2* Black Widow's Purple cover as "Aggressive Raccoon". I like the thought of her tossing an irate mammal at the opposition. :)
    So she'd be throwing Rocket?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DanielleL said:
    Quebbster said:
    So she'd be throwing Rocket?
    Now I want them to include the Rocket animations from Blammo! We got you! or Rocket's Pack...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was just thinking about the Thanos boss event and how they could do the ultimate troll...they could have had Thanos use the time stone to undo a player defeating him...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    After downing Symbiotes with Entanglement, Medusa's hair must be an absolute mess. The shower after that has to be a nightmare.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stephen Strange has to be hiding some massive biceps under his cloak with all of the fireballs that he slings on goon heavy events.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to use 2* Bullseyes black together with Chavez to create four crits. The resulting damage downed the target. Never thought I would see that in use. Heh.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone find it just a little troubling when 3* Luke Cage uses his black or yellow on Jessica Jones? Domestic abuse ain't cool, Luke. 

Although Jess tends to turn around and toss him out a window, so maybe it's just their way of talking it out? 
  • TPF Alexis
    DarthDeVo said:
    Does anyone find it just a little troubling when 3* Luke Cage uses his black or yellow on Jessica Jones? Domestic abuse ain't cool, Luke. 

Although Jess tends to turn around and toss him out a window, so maybe it's just their way of talking it out? 
    I think that just represents the bed collapsing ;)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone realized how strange it is to receive a team-up from someone you just beat in a fight?  Why would they want to help you after you just beat them down? 
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler said:
    Has anyone realized how strange it is to receive a team-up from someone you just beat in a fight?  Why would they want to help you after you just beat them down? 
    It's just like Pokemon. Beat someone, catch them, then use them to beat up on others. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Speaking of Cag3, I Always found it mildly entertaining that the protect tile sticks around after he is defeated - I envisioned his teammates using his unconscious body as a shield.

Then I realized the same problem also applies to 3* Iron Fist's attack tile. Does he have violent muscle twitches when unconscious?

I’m guessing that the others wield Danny’s unconscious body as a club
  • TPF Alexis
    Shifting gears from Strange Days is weird. I keep waiting after enemies fire powers, wondering where the "Fwoosh! Aiiieee!" is.

Also, during a Lightning Round, I was thinking that it'd be cool if Ragnarok's PvP were called Ragnarok and Roll.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler

Today was Ragnarok’s turn in DDQ for Dat Required Character.   I decided that since he hurts his teammates, I’ll only pair him with others like that.  Sentry sits next to him on my roster because of their champed levels.  I chose him.  Now, who should be the third?  I turn the roster page and saw 3*Gambit.  He doesn’t care about his teammates.  Picked him and began the fight.

After a few moves, I realized they made a rainbow team.  Next thing I know, the battle is over because my team decimated the enemy. 

Wow.  Who knew that Rag, Sentry, and Gambit would play so well with each other despite hurting each other while destroying the enemy?    I got to remember that. 

• TPF Alexis
    Why is that one node in the second sub of HoD called "The Worst of Both Worlds" when there are three different groups represented there? I mean, yeah, I get that they're riffing off the "best of both worlds" line, but don't the Maggia, the Hand, and Hammer each constitute a separate "world"? Should have used that title in the first sub, before Hammer showed up.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    When typing “Kitty Pride”, I accidentally typed “Kitty Prude”. Got a good chuckle out of that.

Also, I’m sure all of us have referred to the Mad Titan as “Thanks” at least once.