Galactus Hungers - Event Details (9/18/18)

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Dang. Nearly 15,000 in Red ISO rewards for those who climb up that ladder high enough. Good on you, d3, for finally opening the gates for RISO rewards.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    When does Galactus start?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's always noon on Thursday New York time.  Which makes it 4, 5 or 6 am Friday for me, depending on which of us has daylight savings time.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Thanks!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Dormammu said:
    snlf25 said:
    Round 678 5*

This is where we should be. 
    They're not going to give everyone one 5-star cover guaranteed, much less three of them. Since the dawn of 5-star essential nodes in PvE 'getting that one cover' is driving a lot of vault sales. They're not going cut that revenue stream off by handing them out for nothing.
    Agreed but 3 special 5* store for 678 is where we should me IMO.  Also we should have SCLs in boss events and that could be the SCL9 prizes. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Roland113 said:
    Ok, so just to confirm, this means that Ghost will be the featured 4 star for the event after Galactus, right?

Yes, Ghost and Hood should be essential characters in the next Story event, which should start on Sunday and be four Days long.
    Cool. Galactus' rewards will fully cover my Ghost, and get my Wiccan to 3/4/2, leaving only Dazzler, Nebula, and Emma Frost sparsely covered. I'm dreading the next Shield Training event because I just know one of them (probably Nebula, my worst covered at 0/2/4) will be one of the 4Es :disappointed:

Nebula will enter tokens with Dazzler so it won't be either of them. If they went with a newer 4* it would probably be Valkyrie.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 said:
    Why are prizes still so trash in these events? Big nothingburgers unrptil round 5 are not doing it for me anymore.

Round 1 event token

Round 2 heroic 10 pack

Round 345 4*

Round 678 5*

Because rewards need to appeal to all levels of players, not just the elite. My son is a two-star player building his Three-star roster in a casual open Alliance, and he loves the boss events for giving him easy access to more threestar covers. They can't finish the later rounds anyway, but they get rewards appropriate for the level where they can finish the boss.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoping my Alliance can keep up our recent good record in Boss Events as 3 Ghost covers would be great and get mine up to a 4/2/3 spread.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Issit? Oops, my bad then. That's what happens when I abstain from coffee.
    It’s okay. Just delete your posts and we’ll pretend they never existed. :wink:

Oh awesome we can delete posts again. I've missed that
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    snlf25 said:
    Why are prizes still so trash in these events? Big nothingburgers unrptil round 5 are not doing it for me anymore.

Round 1 event token

Round 2 heroic 10 pack

Round 345 4*

Round 678 5*

Because rewards need to appeal to all levels of players, not just the elite. My son is a two-star player building his Three-star roster in a casual open Alliance, and he loves the boss events for giving him easy access to more threestar covers. They can't finish the later rounds anyway, but they get rewards appropriate for the level where they can finish the boss.

The problem is that the rewards don't appeal to the elite in the first place. We need a tweak to the high end of bosses, even if we leave the lower rewards as they are for advancing players/alliances.

Maybe a Round 9/10? Give the people that finish boss events on Friday night something to do for the rest of the weekend, and rewards worth pursuing. (might need further tinkering, as simply adding new rounds would increase complaints of side node scaling and the limited node rewards for the boss itself)
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:

@Brigby, I know we had the debate about whether these rewards are random or supposed to go in order before, but if they're supposed to be in order it's not happening. Just got 500 iso as the reward for beating Galactus the second time on lvl3.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Yep, came to report the same as the post above from Richyyy. Can't say I was surprised to find out the rewards were not changed at all, but it seems odd that it was displayed in the manner it was in the event preview. 

Anyway, nothing changed... at least it is not randomised rewards... (seriously, it isn't right?) so I guess we got that going for us.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Richyyy said:
    Brigby said:

Brigby, I know we had the debate about whether these rewards are random or supposed to go in order before, but if they're supposed to be in order it's not happening. Just got 500 iso as the reward for beating Galactus the second time on lvl3.
    I just re-ordered them to match how it's displayed in-game. As for how they're rewarded, I'm afraid I'm unaware if there is a pattern or not.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    so what's your go to team? 
    playing MEH, coulson and switch - pretty sure they carry me through round 7, not sure about 8
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEH, America, 4* Fist.  Boosted fist's black does over 40k damage.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEH, America, 4* Fist.  Boosted fist's black does over 40k damage.
    Yes this and I didn't even bother to change out MEH Hulk and America for the side nodes.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    Okoye + Medusa + Chavez. Whether I'm matching color or team-up tiles, I'm gonna get him either way.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    ammenell said:
    Okoye + Medusa + Chavez. Whether I'm matching color or team-up tiles, I'm gonna get him either way.
    I've been using Okoye, Medusa, and R4G, but America Chavez may be the better third.

Also with nothing much else to do on the train ride this morning I used Hawkguy, SWitch, and OBW against a Round 6 Galactus and they worked as well as I remembered.

SWitch helps generate Purple for OBW and/or Hawkguy, OBW uses Purple to steal Galactus' AP and Blue to delay his countdown tiles, Hawkguy generates Blue and Purple when you match the countdown tiles, and uses Purple for his nuke.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, thanks to OBW's Aggressive Recon and Hawkguy's "No Good News", you end up with so much AP that SWitch may not actually be necessary. You could probably replace her with America Chavez and take down Galactus that way. It may not be as quick as Okoye, Medusa, and America, but for those in the 3*/4* game it could be a good team.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I'm running 5*Thanos/MEHulk/Grocket. (all champed)
    In R3 I downed Galactus without even making a match, just the opening cascade from MEH was enough.
    This is my first Boss event with champed 5*s. Feeder nodes have been simple so far, we shall see what happens with the next flip when the crazy roster scaling kicks in. 
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Round 7 opens but boss node doesn't unlock. I wasn't even involved in the battle that unlocked the round.

This is really tiresome. This was meant to be fixed