MTGPQ Sneak Peek: September 2018 Edition *Updated (9/26/18)

13»

Comments

• fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    octal9 said:
    Brigby said:
    Kinesia said:
    Cancelling "Race to Orcas" is annoying as we had people practising for it....

Some types of changes are harder to adjust to than others...
    We understand the frustration, however it was canceled to avoid the Legacy in Standard bug until the fix can be implemented in 2.9.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    This is the correct response. Kudos.

edit: I know you were waiting for my approval, of course.
    i believe dev can replace RTO with any PVE such as AWR, AVM, Bo4T or ToZ.

quite sad that Dev decide not to replace RTO while there are still alternatives.

i believe facing twice AWR (not so heartbeat) or Bo4T(may be too grindy) isnt sooooooooo boring as Rotgp every weekend in the whole month last year.
  • fiirst
    edited September 2018
    I suppose they could run Avoncyn’s Madness instead. <ducks and runs>
    To be honest, i think AVM is the best & efficient resolution.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby, HOD isn't marked as coalition on the calendar, but is in the description. With the switch to being a legacy event, I'm not sure which is correct, though I'm leaning towards thinking it's a coalition event.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Kinesia said:
    Cancelling "Race to Orcas" is annoying as we had people practising for it....

Some types of changes are harder to adjust to than others...
    We understand the frustration, however it was canceled to avoid the Legacy in Standard bug until the fix can be implemented in 2.9.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thank you very much.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dropspot said:
    Re run AWR...
    Why??
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    DBJones said:
    Brigby, HOD isn't marked as coalition on the calendar, but is in the description. With the switch to being a legacy event, I'm not sure which is correct, though I'm leaning towards thinking it's a coalition event.
    Ah! Nice catch. I've gone ahead and added the word Coalition to the calendar overview.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    I guess we get 2.9 next Tuesday? Dang I was hoping we'd get it today.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    @Brigby is this right? We're playing HoD as a Legacy Coalition event on 9/28? That's pretty novel. I feel bad for the kids that have to compete against the old gods running Omni, Seasons Past, Prism Array, Baral, Imminent Doom, and all the other nastiness that exists there. Pretty unfair if you ask me.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    bken1234 said:
    Dropspot said:
    Re run AWR...
    Why??
    It's more noob friendly than Deploy the HoD
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Dropspot said:
    Re run AWR...
    It would be great. AWR is the best event.
  • bk1234
    octal9 said:
    bken1234 said:
    Dropspot said:
    Re run AWR...
    Why??
    It's more noob friendly than Deploy the HoD
    Yes but the point is to run legacy until the fix. AWR is standard. It’s still an unfair advantage if people are using legacy cards and we can’t see them. 
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    DBJones said:
    Brigby, HOD isn't marked as coalition on the calendar, but is in the description. With the switch to being a legacy event, I'm not sure which is correct, though I'm leaning towards thinking it's a coalition event.
    Ah! Nice catch. I've gone ahead and added the word Coalition to the calendar overview.
    Will you put Elspeth in the vault before her event?
  • fiirst
    Brigby said:
    DBJones said:
    .............Dev. is supposed to fixed legacy exploit for standard event (and a plenty of bugs fix) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE but not run standard event immediately after that ASAP fix?
  • bk1234
    fiirst said:
    Brigby said:
    DBJones said:
    .............Dev. is supposed to fixed legacy exploit for standard event (and a plenty of bugs fix) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE but not run standard event immediately after that ASAP fix?
    Optional answer 1: There is no set date for the update. If it can’t run next week they are probably being prepared. 

Or 

Optional answer 2: Since we have been begging for legacy coalition events for awhile, they may have already had this scheduled to run right after the updated. 

Or

Perhaps both. 

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    fiirst said:
    Brigby said:
    DBJones said:
    Optional answer 1: There is no set date for the update. If it can’t run next week they are probably being prepared. 

Or 

Optional answer 2: Since we have been begging for legacy coalition events for awhile, they may have already had this scheduled to run right after the updated. 

Or

Perhaps both. 

I'll bet its Oktagon finally being smart and not testing an update like that with a major event.  Instead they'll see if it worked in Across Ixalan and Standard TG before letting it roll for a Coaltion Event.

Normally I never assume intelligent design with stuff like this, but the use of Beta testing for the Duel Decks event gives me hope
  • Allatar
    Allatar Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby: Aeroplane said:
    Brigby said:
    DBJones said:
    Hear ! Hear !
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    @Brigby is the duel deck beta a coalition event?
  • Brigby
    Allatar said:
    Brigby: Aeroplane said:
    Brigby said:
    DBJones said:
    Hear ! Hear !
    I just spoke with the team, and yes. Elspeth will be available in the Vault in time for her upcoming Hour of Devastation event.
    Brigby is the duel deck beta a coalition event?
    No. It is not a Coalition event. Here is a line from the blog post that explains this in a bit more detail:
    ...the reward structure. It is tier-less and coalition-less so that players, with small or large card collections, can feel motivated to participate and (re)join the community.
  • Brigby
    (9/26/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • Brigby