Galactus Hungers - Event Details (9/18/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are some of the details about the upcoming Galactus Hungers event!

Comments

• kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    My 2/0/0 Wiccan is NOT loooking for that blue cover. But YAY! 3 Ghost cover ahead.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooooh can't wait to get my 11 cover Ghost champed. Then probably should champ Cho since he's boosted in alliance events a lot.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. I was kind of expecting Apocalypse.
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Is it just me, or have the last 4+ boss events all had XFW and TAH boosted?
    It's getting a little old
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    they are boosted every time, and this is asked and mentioned every time.  you don't have to use them if you don't want, but plenty of people will use them to get better rewards, and that should be applauded, not derided.  
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    they are boosted every time, and this is asked and mentioned every time.  you don't have to use them if you don't want, but plenty of people will use them to get better rewards, and that should be applauded, not derided.  
    Why should that be applauded and not derided?  Wouldn't it be better to mix it up a bit rather than doing those two over and over again?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    My 0/1/2 Wiccan will be happy to get that 3rd power.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Why should that be applauded and not derided?  Wouldn't it be better to mix it up a bit rather than doing those two over and over again?
    again, if you don't want to use them, dont.  it's pretty easy in that regard.  try doing it with 1* if you want the challenge.  take some of the advice given in your thread this summer. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74023/any-tips-on-how-to-defeat-mpq-boredom/p1

Not everyone has pretty much all 4* champed.  if i have to choose between you and i being bored at such a high level, and a bunch of newer players able to get higher and better rewards because they are able to utilize the same boost list, i am choosing them every time.  
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker

Not everyone has pretty much all 4* champed.  if i have to choose between you and i being bored at such a high level, and a bunch of newer players able to get higher and better rewards because they are able to utilize the same boost list, i am choosing them every time.  
    But newer players might only have selected players at usable levels, so could themselves be better off with more variety in the boosted lists for boss events. If they happen not to have pulled many covers for XFW or TAHulk then things may be unnecessarily tricky for them in lots of boss events.
    At this point, with champed 5*s, it scarcely matters. But back when I was using my highest-boosted 4*s in these events I definitely wouldve preferred more variety in the boosts. It makes it more interesting if you have to think about the best teams available to you.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably Hulk and Wolverine are one of the most popular characters that majority of the players in the game like... that's why they are always boosted.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    4* ME Hulk & 4* Iron Fist Boosted. I have both champed, so enough Black AP or Pink AP will get me the Galactus K.O. in no time. Loving it. For those who don't have many of the Boosted characters champed, it gets better trust me a while back I didn't have any champed or 1 and it was hard, but in due time Boss events become easier once you start Championing 4*'s. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to be on a boat for almost the entirety of this event, with probably no internet access (curse you, persistent connection requirement! what is a mobile game even for if not to amuse you while on planes or boats?) so I hope my alliance can get us to the Ghost reward without me. That'll get mine to 3/3/3, and one step closer to every 4* at 10 covers. I'm usually the top scorer in alliance events, and it's a good one if our alliance can clear round 6
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, so just to confirm, this means that Ghost will be the featured 4 star for the event after Galactus, right?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roland113 said:
    Ok, so just to confirm, this means that Ghost will be the featured 4 star for the event after Galactus, right?

Yes, Ghost and Hood should be essential characters in the next Story event, which should start on Sunday and be four Days long.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Roland113 said:

Yes, Ghost and Hood should be essential characters in the next Story event, which should start on Sunday and be four Days long.
    Cool. Galactus' rewards will fully cover my Ghost, and get my Wiccan to 3/4/2, leaving only Dazzler, Nebula, and Emma Frost sparsely covered. I'm dreading the next Shield Training event because I just know one of them (probably Nebula, my worst covered at 0/2/4) will be one of the 4Es :disappointed:

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Why are prizes still so trash in these events? Big nothingburgers unrptil round 5 are not doing it for me anymore.

Round 1 event token

Round 2 heroic 10 pack

Round 345 4*

Round 678 5*

This is where we should be. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I've started to really dread boss events because of the iso and CP dip, but you guys came through yet again with Alliance covers that are really helpful. The last one helped finally put my Iron Spidey at 3/4/5, and this one will put my Ghost at 4/4/4. So assuming Ghost is the next 4E, I'll have her ready to go. Hope you guys do this with Dazzler or Nebula in the future. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 said:
    Round 678 5*

This is where we should be. 
    They're not going to give everyone one 5-star cover guaranteed, much less three of them. Since the dawn of 5-star essential nodes in PvE 'getting that one cover' is driving a lot of vault sales. They're not going cut that revenue stream off by handing them out for nothing.