4*DDQ - Psychic vs Psychiatrist

wingX
wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
Tried 6 times, and finally win with Jean at lv 190, 4/1/5 with +2AP, +40% Blue and Purple Damage and +40% All match Damage. Not matter how hard I deny her colour, she still manage to get all her colour and her black kept stealing my tiles. For all the matches, she only gets 1 time 5-of-akind match. I only able to win because of getting 3 times 5-of-a-kind matches and also to store AP to fire green, get tiles stolen, then fire purple twice.

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a tough fight, even with a champed Jean.  Jean's abilities are all expensive vs one person, Moonstone has a good counter to Jean's green, a LOT of health, and a Red that will hit like a truck on a favorable board.

I fought this one with a champed Jean at LVL 288, and won with only about 2K health left.  The match really turned when Moonstone cascaded into a Match-5, which stunned her long enough for my Jean to take advantage of the critical tile now on the board.  The LT  gave me a black Loki cover, putting him at 2/0/1.

My son won with a LVL 147 3/2/2 Jean, using +100% all damage, +50% damage for Blue, Purple and green.  Even then, Jean won with only about 800 health.  His LT gave him a yellow Thing cover, putting him at 0/2/0.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't bother playing the previous Crash, Iceman vs. Jean, because my Iceman is only level 90 and wouldn't stand a chance.

My Jean is level 188 and I won on the second try.  I had 12 retired X-Men match damage boosts that I used at 100% and it was still pretty close.

My LT gave me another Iceman, so once I find enough Iso for him, I can bring him up to level 106.  Still not enough to go up against a level 270 Jean, though!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Jean. First try at Lvl 172 with no boosts, also had no luck. Got photon blasted off the board. Pumped in the bit of ISO I had on hand, going up to 178, and added in a bunch of boosts. +2 green, +2 purple, +100% match damage. Still closer than was comfortable, but I was able to deny AP better, and Moonstone hit a Match-5 this time, which gave me a bit of breathing room, so I managed the win.

Note that, unusually, Moonstone has her black set high enough to steal Strikes for this. If you can help it, don't fire green without purple ready.

Token was a Coulson champ level.

Is there any story reason for this matchup? Or is it just one chosen to make a challenging fight?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    champed Jean lvl 272 - 5/3/5 - won it first go, but it wasnt easy.
    I waited until I had enough purple and green as Moonstone had 12 black so was going to steal my special tiles as soon as I put them down. 

Token was my first Loki 5* :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Lvl 273 Jean made surprisingly short work of Moonstone, I was expecting a tougher battle but the green and purple flowed and I was mostly able to deny red. She managed to steal some of my special tiles but literally my next go I fired Jean's AOE which wiped them out!

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Lv 290

The trick in this fight is not to fire green unless you have a purple ready. The board had plenty of both and it took two casts of each before I brought Moonstone down.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed level 280, first try, not terribly difficult. As mentioned above, save 10 Purple before firing green to wipe out the attack and protect tiles she inevitably steals the very next turn. Got hit with one Photon Blast but there were only 4 Red on the board so it was just a tickle.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Fairly difficult fight for a 209 5/3/4 Jean. I think on the fourth attempt I just boosted up and knocked her out.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Beat her first try with my 229 (5/3/3) Teen Jean.

It was really close though. I only had 819 health left at victory.
    I thought I was toast as on (what ended up being) her last turn she was lined up to fire Gravity Warp to KO me (because I didn't have a special tile out). As she fired it I cringed... but NO DAMAGE! Apparently I did have a protect tile out that I missed somehow. She innocently moved it and then was simply blue-matched into oblivion.

LLT gave me another welcomed Drax cover.

Edited: Control Shift Gravity Warp
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

I thought I was toast as on (what ended up being) her last turn she was lined up to fire Control Shift to KO me (because I didn't have a special tile out). As she fired it I cringed... but NO DAMAGE! Apparently I did have a protect tile out that I missed somehow. She innocently moved it and then was simply blue-matched into oblivion.

Gravity Warp, I assume you mean. Control Shift doesn't really do damage unless she steals Attack tiles.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018

I thought I was toast as on (what ended up being) her last turn she was lined up to fire Control Shift to KO me (because I didn't have a special tile out). As she fired it I cringed... but NO DAMAGE! Apparently I did have a protect tile out that I missed somehow. She innocently moved it and then was simply blue-matched into oblivion.

Gravity Warp, I assume you mean. Control Shift doesn't really do damage unless she steals Attack tiles.
    Correct. I just just coming back to fix it before someone noticed. You're too quick, @Jaedenkaal;) 

I peeked during my lunch DDQ break. I knew Control Shift felt wrong.

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Surprised to see there was so much struggle here.  My 5/3/5 lv 286 Jean stood with like 10K health left and I employed 0 strategy beyond going after purple and green