***** Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) *****

Comments

• Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said: With Grocket and Carnage she could rival Thanos for PVE speed
    Any team with that many passives, will not challenge Thanos for speed. Even Champed/boosted Okoye+Thor/Medusa is borderline because of the passives. Do I think her mechanic can be exploited.....yes. I just don't think it can be exploited for speed which counts her out of most competitiveness in the game. Boosting specials is a great ability but it's never been fast with anyone. Maybe I'll be wrong in retrospect but I doubt it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Here is a question someone asked on reddit that I would like an answer to.  Will Kitty’s red activate with 1/2 health Thor’s passive?  Also will her red activate with JJ trap tiles?  These are 2 powers that are passive not active and I wanted to know if it works 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    When 4*Grocket first came out, most people didn't realize at first how useful he would be, but I did.  I believe the same thing is happening here. Kitty's tile buffing is ridiculous when exploited. With Grocket and Carnage she could rival Thanos for PVE speed, particularly on harder nodes. Her damage output grows each turn.  Plus, you can get her purple passive nuke to go off regularly because Carnage will stop making enemy tiles once you have 10 friendly tiles. Unfortunately, her best partners are in the 4* tier, but you could run her with OML in PVP.
    I don't think anyone's arguing her PvE potential. She has really good PvE potential, but if you have a strong 5* roster already, she probably won't replace anyone you already have. Her PvP potential, however, is kinda...meh.

wymtime said:
    Here is a question someone asked on reddit that I would like an answer to.  Will Kitty’s red activate with 1/2 health Thor’s passive?  Also will her red activate with JJ trap tiles?  These are 2 powers that are passive not active and I wanted to know if it works 
    I'd assume passives and traps do not trigger it. Much like Kamala's healing doesn't trigger against passives.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    5/5/3
    So will her purple overwrite repeater tiles?  If it does that is just stupid since they already just nerfed Gambit and this would just be further insult and injury.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    So will her purple overwrite repeater tiles?  If it does that is just stupid since they already just nerfed Gambit and this would just be further insult and injury.
    Repeater tiles are not Attack, Countdown, Strike, or Protect tiles, so no.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    When 4*Grocket first came out, most people didn't realize at first how useful he would be, but I did.  I believe the same thing is happening here. Kitty's tile buffing is ridiculous when exploited. With Grocket and Carnage she could rival Thanos for PVE speed, particularly on harder nodes. Her damage output grows each turn.  Plus, you can get her purple passive nuke to go off regularly because Carnage will stop making enemy tiles once you have 10 friendly tiles. Unfortunately, her best partners are in the 4* tier, but you could run her with OML in PVP.
    I don't think anyone's arguing her PvE potential. She has really good PvE potential, but if you have a strong 5* roster already, she probably won't replace anyone you already have. Her PvP potential, however, is kinda...meh.

wymtime said:
    I'd assume passives and traps do not trigger it. Much like Kamala's healing doesn't trigger against passives.
    I'd assume that much like Okoye's damage increase, it would work with passives.

I think she'd make a great 1st or 2nd 5* champ since she will be a good counter for non meta 5*s. Like Hawkeye is completely useless against her. On defense you have to pay attention but she should be beatable. On offense she can be pretty good if you just bring someone to make tiles for her to buff. Her red might not get use, but she could still fill a role easily.
    I think her passive and cheap red function similarly to Dr Strange but are just better. And she has 20K more health.

• wymtime
    5/5/3
    bbigler said:

wymtime said:
    Too bad.  If that red would trigger from the trap or 1/2 health Thor passive it would make her more interesting in PVP on defense.  I think you are right which makes her a PVE only 5*
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    5/5/3
    Any team with that many passives, will not challenge Thanos for speed. Even Champed/boosted Okoye+Thor/Medusa is borderline because of the passives. Do I think her mechanic can be exploited.....yes. I just don't think it can be exploited for speed which counts her out of most competitiveness in the game. Boosting specials is a great ability but it's never been fast with anyone. Maybe I'll be wrong in retrospect but I doubt it.
    Kitty + Grocket + Carnage:
    Turn 1 - kitty match = 2,724 damage
    Turn 2 - match damage = 5,256, attack tiles = 4,575 and she places purple repeater
    Turn 3 - match damage = 7,788, attack tiles = 7,740
    Turn 4 - match damage = 10,320, attack tiles = 10,905

Need I go on? (These numbers are approximate)
  • Dartmaster01
    bbigler said:
    Turn 1 - kitty match = 1,524 damage
    Turn 2 - match damage = 4,689, attack tiles = 4,575 and she places purple repeater
    Turn 3 - match damage = 7,854, attack tiles = 7,740
    Turn 4 - match damage = 11,019, attack tiles = 10,905

Was never doubting the numbers and if you go on, you'll only be proving my point further. I don't care how much damage it does by turn 5 or 10 even. You should already be done with the match at that point. Like I said, it's a good power just not quick.
  • bbigler
    5/5/3
    bbigler said:
    Turn 2 - match damage = 4,689, attack tiles = 4,575 and she places purple repeater

Was never doubting the numbers and if you go on, you'll only be proving my point further. I don't care how much damage it does by turn 5 or 10 even. You should already be done with the match at that point. Like I said, it's a good power just not quick.
    How is Thanos faster than that against level 450 enemies?  I'm not talking about easy nodes here, but the hard ones.
  • bbigler
    5/5/3
    OJSP said:
    bbigler said:
    Kitty + Grocket + Carnage
    I think that works in SHIELD Sim or any off season events where we can bring 3 characters. But they would lose to Rulk Carol Valkyrie/Grocket in less than a minute, which is fine. Good on offense, but beatable.

In most PvP situation, who would you bring as the 2nd character? Carnage would be interesting because of the passive production of attack tiles. Grocket’s tiles would probably get removed after a few turns, but one or two stuck on the board could become problematic. Daredevil would then steal these tiles.. again: good on offense, but beatable. Even Moonstone can steal them..
    Any team is beatable, but the point is that you will get hurt badly before taking them down in Shield Sim.  The damage here scales so fast that any team that doesn't get rid of their specials will likely die first, especially 4*s. The exception to this would be Dazzler. 
  • Dartmaster01
    edited September 2018
    bbigler said:
    bbigler said:

How is Thanos faster than that against level 450 enemies?  I'm not talking about easy nodes here, but the hard ones.
    Well Okoye, 3* Thanos, and anyone with a quick damage power would trump Kitty all day. Maybe wave nodes might be the exception with the right team but that would take testing.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't wait to use her against that DPvsMPQ H4H node. Luke will wreck his own team.
  • bbigler
    edited September 2018
    5/5/3
    Well Okoye, 3* Thanos, and anyone with a quick damage power would trump Kitty all day. Maybe wave nodes might be the exception with the right team but that would take testing.
    Considering the math of it, overall damage output looks about equal to Kitty.  Kitty can add 3K more damage to strike tiles each turn, which is similar to Okoye's damage enhancing power, but Okoye can't match team up tiles every turn, so her 3K boost doesn't happen every turn, but Kitty's does.  Thanos kicks in after you down someone, but that isn't strong enough to down the other 2 high level enemies. So, it will still take some more turns.  Kitty should be able to down high level enemies by turn 4, then turns 6 and 7, which is similar to Okoye, Thanos and someone else. 

I'm talking enemies around 50k health pools, PVE SCL 9.  Even at SCL 7 and 8, I believe Kitty would be just as fast. Plus, it's all passive powers, you don't even need to think about what colors to match, but you could go for Red for Carnage's AOE, which is similar to Thanos.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    bbigler said:
    Considering the math of it, overall damage output looks about equal to Kitty.  Kitty can add 3K more damage to strike tiles each turn, which is similar to Okoye's damage enhancing power, but Okoye can't match team up tiles every turn, so her 3K boost doesn't happen every turn, but Kitty's does.  Thanos kicks in after you down someone, but that isn't strong enough to down the other 2 high level enemies. So, it will still take some more turns.  Kitty should be able to down high level enemies by turn 4, then turns 6 and 7.  Which is similar to Okoye, Thanos and someone else. 

I'm talking enemies around 50k health pools, PVE SCL 9.  Even at SCL 7 and 8, I believe Kitty would be just as fast. Plus, it's all passive powers, you don't even need to think about what colors to match, but you could go for Red for Carnage's AOE, which is similar to Thanos.
    Just something I can't tell if you considered, Thanos's effect is enhanced by Okoye, so he should be able to slaughter everyone, if you've had things line up in a semi-ideal way.

To be totally clear, I'm all heart-eyes for Kitty. Just checking the maths.
  • bbigler
    5/5/3
    I considered that. 3Thanos does about 4k - 6k damage and 5Thanos does about 15k at level 450.  In order to down enemies around 50k health, that would take 12 - 15 team up AP.  

Okoye, Thanos and Medusa is a killer team, but I believe Kitty, Grocket and Carnage may be just as fast.  I certainly wouldn't want to face them in shield sim unless I had Dazzler/Grocket to shut them down, but she would still need a health pack. Think about it, on defense, Carnage and Kitty would trigger on the 1st turn dealing around 10k damage! And her fortified purple repeater is waiting to go off too.
  • Dartmaster01
    bbigler said:
    I considered that. 3Thanos does about 4k - 6k damage and 5Thanos does about 15k at level 450.  In order to down enemies around 50k health, that would take 12 - 15 team up AP.  

Okoye, Thanos and Medusa is a killer team, but I believe Kitty, Grocket and Carnage may be just as fast.  I certainly wouldn't want to face them in shield sim unless I had Dazzler/Grocket to shut them down, but she would still need a health pack. Think about it, on defense, Carnage and Kitty would trigger on the 1st turn dealing around 10k damage! And her fortified purple repeater is waiting to go off too.
    I respect your stance and it's all speculation at this point. I hope I'm wrong honestly (mostly because I have nothing to chase in-game right now) but it looks like we'll both find out soon enough. Perhaps we can compare notes in a couple weeks when we've got more insight on how she plays.
  • wymtime
    edited September 2018
    5/5/3
    So I really want to applaud all the people in this thread combining up with ways to use kitty pride even finding ways to make her one of the best PVE characters and one of the potential fastest teams.  I see use against mindless ones in strange sights and against ninjas who drop attack tiles.  I hope all of you are right and I am wrong.  Right now I am sticking with 1/2 health Thor, America, and either 5* champed essential or Okoye as it saves me the most health packs.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    There will always be times when Kitty's the better option.  but honestly.  90% of time the 5* tier players won't even bother.

In actuality your only talking about 1 maybe 2 node in pve where Kitty is adds value over and above existing combos

The easy nodes don't require kitty here. and there are already unboosted 4/5 combos that can win easy nodes in 1 match.

The hard nodes are also super trivial and kitty won't be as relevant as you imagine.

1.  A champed 5e char will be boosted to over 500.  As a result,  everyone who has a champed essential will ALWAYS be run as the essential 5* in the center of the team.  They will wrap that boosted essential with either a Thanos Grocket or Thor okeyo, or Thor America boosted +1 with crit boosts.

In fact the 5e will pretty much tank every color (Their primary colors + what ever isn't tanked by the other 5s)  so you'll be using the 5e char to drive match damage all event.

2.  In the essential nodes, most comp level players have doubles on their 2* to run 5* thanos with grocket. (some have 2nd grockets specifically to throw cheap tiles).

Same thing on the 3* essential.  There enough health, and even in scl9.  the 3e essential nodes can typically be beaten in under 4 turns.

4* essential:  I could see use for kitty here, but 90% of the time, a weak 3rd can be targeted , by a thanos grocket combo.

5* essential.  Kitty has some values, but you need to understand the constraints.

1.  you will also have a different required 5* char in the middle tanking damage over kitty because of the 5e boost.
          2.  Since these nodes feature over 100k of health.  The AI will be firing their boosted powers.  

Bottom line:  Kitty's advantages really only shine in the  5e, 4e, and the third hard node, but there are limits on who she partners with, and finally unless people are wiling to Whale her as the biggest 5* over thor/thanos/okoye/strange/bolt etc...  The other 5* will still have significant speed advantages just based on their level advantages.

Put another way.  a 550 PHX/OML will still crush a 450 Kitty pryde.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Kinda sucks that her passive will neither deal damage nor shut down those auto special tile creator. The special tiles are replaced on your turn, then in the opponent's turn they create a new one. Attack tiles or a CD tile with an attack tile mechanism will do their job at the end of the enemy's turn, so her power won't stop them either. 

As for her red, it works with "power damage" and not when a power is fired like Kamala Kahn, so anything that can be boosted by Okoye's Black should work here. I remember Okoye's Black boost Elektra's trap's damage, so it's very likely that the damage from JJ's trap tiles will be considered as "power damage".