MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2018 Edition *Updated (9/25/18)

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Hey @Brigby - thanks for updating the new pairings for Best Friends Forever but are Rocket & Groot really a pairing just on their own for this or should they have somebody else (technically making it a threesome but I'm not going there...) to work with?

Best Friends Forever (9/20/18) *New Update*
    New Buffed Pairs:
    - Ant-Man & Wasp (Hope van Dyne)
    - The Hulk (The Main Event) & Valkyrie
    - Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) & Nebula
    - Black Panther (King of Wakanda) & Shuri
    - Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

Good question.  Maybe they are paired with Yondu, since for most of GotG 2 they were with him and both charactes are modeled after that movie.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Hey @Brigby - thanks for updating the new pairings for Best Friends Forever but are Rocket & Groot really a pairing just on their own for this or should they have somebody else (technically making it a threesome but I'm not going there...) to work with?

New Buffed Pairs:

These are only "pairings" for thematic purposes. Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) has always been boosted, without having a separate in-game character for the BFF pairing, because Rocket and Groot are BFFs and that's considered enough.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    DAZ0273 said:

New Buffed Pairs:

These are only "pairings" for thematic purposes. Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) has always been boosted, without having a separate in-game character for the BFF pairing, because Rocket and Groot are BFFs and that's considered enough.
    Well that is fine for 3* version and in general but as 4* relies on bringing along another GotG to get the best, it would be great if it could be confirmed that we shouldn't expect another Guardian (such as Yondu ventured by @broll above) to also be boosted.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Re: BFF. So.....Gamora is boosted. Other than the poor players who have a boosted Yondu but not Gamora, does anyone really care if Yondu is boosted with R&G?  For 4 players, it’ll be all Brockmora, all the time.

Edit:  it seems like the devs were winking at us by listing R&G as a boosted pair.  Well done.

Edit #2:  Yondu and 4SL were added to the buff list for this event in January!  All is well.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Re: BFF. So.....Gamora is boosted. Other than the poor players who have a boosted Yondu but not Gamora, does anyone really care if Yondu is boosted with R&G?  For 4 players, it’ll be all Brockmora, all the time.

Edit:  it seems like the devs were winking at us by listing R&G as a boosted pair.  Well done.
    The only reason to care is as a healthpack saver - if Gamora gets bashed up and you can sub in Yondu for the same benefit then you have even greater utility, especially as he has a heal.

But it is all good no matter what.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yondu is already boosted for BFF, he was paired with Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) last run. So there's plenty of boosted Guardians for Grocket to pair up with, including the only fivestar option.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yondu is a monster when boosted if you have 5 on blue, I use him on purpose over G4mora as often as not. Depends on how badly i need the stun vs the ability to do 24k damage. And as previously mentioned, he is a mega healthpack saver if you re-spec him to 5/3/5
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Too many boosted in BFF... time to make them only boosted with the right pair, or its kinda meaningless...
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby, I understand if the staff wants to add more polish to things prior to Anniversary, but could they go ahead and add Nebula and Dazzler to heroics/Legendary tokens?
  • bluewolf
    Poor Dazzler finally arrives - after much anticipation - and gets shut out of tokens for a month because they won’t run a short season.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooh I didn't even look at the placement rewards for BFF but the progression cover for the pvp after it will give me my 13th P4nther. Yessss.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Was just about to come in here and complain about Nebula and Dazzler not being available yet, glad someone's already on it. Nice CP hoard, almost 2 Mil Iso, and an itchy pull finger that I haven't exercised for about a month. Just gives more time to accumulate CP which is cool, but I really wish we got some transparency here on how long we should expect to wait. This will be my 3rd anniversary that I've played, and I don't recall the exact date in October that it starts. Even if it's the 1st of the month however, saying the Offseason would only be a "bit" longer was pretty misleading. Offseason is usually 2 PVP events, this will make 6 if it starts on the first. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(9/21/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why are PvP rewards jumping from Black Widow to Medusa? 
  • bluewolf
    fmftint said:
    The most obvious reason would be to run a Medusa PVP during this super sized off season.... but that’s just a guess.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    fmftint said:
    The most obvious reason would be to run a Medusa PVP during this super sized off season.... but that’s just a guess.
    Be that as it may, I definitely would prefer that over the headaches associated with another Black Widow PVP lol. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Is there a reason that Wasp is SUPER-boosted in BFF? Is that working as intended?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby
    Is there a reason that Wasp is SUPER-boosted in BFF? Is that working as intended?
    Clearly it's because she ate her Wheaties in the morning. :D

In all seriousness though, it's possible that might've just been an oversight. If that is the case, then I don't believe that can be changed while the event is active, but I'm sure it'll be corrected in the next run of the event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby
    Clearly it's because she ate her Wheaties in the morning. :D

In all seriousness though, it's possible that might've just been an oversight. If that is the case, then I don't believe that can be changed while the event is active, but I'm sure it'll be corrected in the next run of the event.
    It looks like she got the big level boost new releases get instead of the small boost being featured in an event gives, It was quite odd to see my level 459 Black Bolt boosted to 473 but my level 375 Wasp boosted to 485.