Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) (9/17/18)

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any chance we can adjust the pvp schedule so that every event features a special tile spammer?  I'm curious to see how Goddess mode Kitty works with max champed featured characters.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    edited September 2018
    So if there is no enemy tiles on the board the whole match, does this mean that her purple passive willl not go off?  
    Correct, she will never proc the ability in this case.

charmbots
    said:
    moss04 said:
    With what does the purple replace the enemy tiles?
    The wording is hard to understand but my guess is it replaces them with the repeater that the power makes, much like the way 3 star Falcon's blue power replaces special tiles after he reaches a threshold of blue AP
    Interesting thought.  Would there then be two(, three, four, etc.) of the repeaters?  Which would then all go off for the stated damage when all the enemy tiles have been replaced?
    It states “if one does not exist” so I don’t think there will be more than one on the board at a time, however i agree it is not worded well as to how the repeater will interact with the board. My guess is that it hops around the board replacing specials like 3falcon, but when there are no specials left to replace it will become stationary. 
    That's exactly how it works, hops all over the place like a Redwing with a bomb payload.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    It states “if one does not exist” so I don’t think there will be more than one on the board at a time, however i agree it is not worded well as to how the repeater will interact with the board. My guess is that it hops around the board replacing specials like 3falcon, but when there are no specials left to replace it will become stationary. 
    That's exactly how it works, hops all over the place like a Redwing with a bomb payload.
    Huh. Wonder why they made it a repeater tile? Due to the order bug with CD tiles that would make it countdown again if it spawned below its original position like Billy Club sometimes does? But if they were able to keep repeaters from doing that as well, why can’t they fix the CD tile issue? Oh, that would have synergized amazingly with Carol... ah. Because it would have synergized amazingly with Carol.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Underwhelmed. She's 5* Kraven. Great in one, narrow role. Nearly useless outside it. Won't dent the Thorkoye meta in pvp or Thanos meta in pve.

Try again in 6 weeks.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added link to her full character details
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only flaw is her pairings in her store, and then in LLs.

Maybe when Wasp is out, she and Loki and mystery next 5* will be solidly compelling.

But boy do I want her on my roster and champed so much faster than that will happen.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Really wishing I hadn't had to spend a bunch of CP pulling for my 10th Kate Bishop cover. I'm only going to have a couple hundred for her store.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Really wishing I hadn't had to spend a bunch of CP pulling for my 10th Kate Bishop cover. I'm only going to have a couple hundred for her store.
    Poor you. I have a grand total of, like, 0  :'(
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Oml or Phoenix in the vault, don’t really want either of them 

maybe I’ll get lucky 

still another good character hopefully 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Y'know the thing about Kitty, she's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until she bites ya. And those black eyes roll over white, and then... oh, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin', then she launches her red, and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin', her passive goes off then she... rips you to pieces.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    Edit: Updated typo in first post. It was missing "Countdown" as a type of tile that must be on the board to trigger. The ability triggers off any of those four types (Strike, Attack, Protect, Countdown) at max level.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    When I saw that we are getting Kitty Pryde I audibly groaned (edit: in ecstasy.) It was ugly. Then I saw that she was a 5*. Oh well. She looks great and I'm glad she's finally in the game! But I will likely never get her fully covered or get to use her outside of her required nodes.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I was excited to see Kitty Pryde finally coming to MPQ. Then like others I was seriously disappointed to see her limited to the 5* tier. While she may not have the wide appeal or name recognition of some of the characters with multiple variations, from what I’ve seen she is one of the most requested characters. To have her virtually unattainable in a usable form to the majority of the player base is a real shame. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was excited to see Kitty Pryde finally coming to MPQ. Then like others I was seriously disappointed to see her limited to the 5* tier. While she may not have the wide appeal or name recognition of some of the characters with multiple variations, from what I’ve seen she is one of the most requested characters. To have her virtually unattainable in a usable form to the majority of the player base is a real shame. 
    She'd have been a solid 3*/5* candidate.
    Right?! A 5* X-Men version and a 3* Excalibur. Would have been greatly appreciated even if a 3* version is largely superfluous for me. 
    We got 5*/3* Star-Lord after the 4* was already out and a 3* Elektra after she already existed as a 4*, so there's hope.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Basically for competitive PvP or PvE veterans, Kitty Pryde is pretty much useless. She's not a Thor or Okoye or even pre-nerfed Gambit, but she meant for those who are opened to exploring different team combination and for those not rushing to get to top 10 placement, which is pretty much 90% of the players.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'll have about 950. Normally I'd be pretty happy and ready to go nuts but with Dazzler about to go into tokens I'm torn between trying to pull as many Kitty and OML covers as I can from the Kitty store, and saving cp to pull classics for Dazzler and other undercovered 4s. Not to mention that I may go nuts for Kitty and then some big feature gets announced at Anniversary that's an answer to dilution. Ehh maybe I'll do about 50/50. Now watch as it takes me like 800 cp before I pull a Kitty cover. I did that before. Can't remember who, maybe JJ or Archangel, I had like 900 cp and didn't get a cover until I had like 100 cp left.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I was hoping this 5* would be either one I was totally uninterested in or another Wasp as with Anniversary coming up I wondered whether we might get an extra 5* and my CP would be needed there.

But it's Kitty, so I'm in.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    What are you talking about?  As an X-men fan I am looking forward to finally having a usable copy of her around 50 years from now.  Game will still be around then, right?  Right?!