Across Ixalan 2nd node "exploring the wilderness" and Scab Clan Berserker [Investigating]

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
So Scab Clan Berserker triggers when the across ixalan 2nd node "exploring the wilderness" feature is "cast" by a player, effectively doing 3 damage. 

Not sure if this is the case with other cards such as the Eidolon of the Great Revel (dont own it)

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's also the case with Firesong.  I literally pointed out what's the reason of this issue, they don't seem to figure it out or care about it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    It's also the case with Firesong.  I literally pointed out what's the reason of this issue, they don't seem to figure it out or care about it
    Oh yeah forgot about that one for a while. Probably shoulda added this comment to that one heh.  

Well... ill give them the benefit of the doubt for now. They are probably understaffed and have a lot of other things going on
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Node rules count as spells, for some reason.

Azor's rotating block triggers that owl's buff every turn.  Its really annoying.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I relayed the information you provided to the team, and they have confirmed that this issue is occurring with the Special Event Rules. I'll add this issue to the bug list for reference. 
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    I can confirm that this issue is present for Eidolon as well.  I faced an opponent who was using Eidolon last night on AIx node 2, and at the start of each turn, it would deal 6 damage to that player (opponent was hitting himself with it too, not just me).  
    Firesong and Sunspeaker also triggers on node 3, but it's the same issue:  
    The turn effect is being applied as a spell card at the start of every player's turn, and node 3 it's a white card.  I didn't bother to check the colors of the turn effect spell cards for the other nodes, but white and red will trigger F&S.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    In Across Ixalan, on the second node, the effect “Exploring the Wild” is triggering Diamond Mare. I’m not complaining about the two extra life I receive. I just think it’s odd. 

//Edited Title -Brigby
  • Mburn7
    In Across Ixalan, on the second node, the effect “Exploring the Wild” is triggering Diamond Mare. I’m not complaining about the two extra life I receive. I just think it’s odd. 
    The special node triggers count as spells being cast by the player whose turn it is.  Triggers everything that triggers on spell cast.

Same thing happens with Azor in BoFT (If he's ever played his Ringwarden Owl against you you'll see it there)
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    It’s especially noticeable if you’re playing angrath and have his ult out. Free 6 damage at the beginning of your opponent’s turn. Took me forever to realize what was happening.

Also can make managorger pretty scary pretty fast. Free trigger at the beginning of every turn. It’s a pretty silly little bug.
  • mossbark
    mossbark Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Eidolon of the Great Revel is still broke during Ixalan events. Triggering for all players on every draw
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still happening after the update
  • Mburn7
    Can confirm, Across Ixalan start of turn effects still count as spells being cast.  Triggers my Niv-Mizzet