Anyone ever seen a fortified Crit tile?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
BOOM! you have now!!

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is this yelena replacing a fortified special? 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    edited September 2018
    tiomono said:
    So is this yelena replacing a fortified special? 
    That's exactly what it is. I think it was Emma's yellow countdown.

It never occured to me that a crit tile could be fortified in any way, but here we are. And yes, it was still there after being matched once.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've done it a few times. Yelena and 2* Bullseye can pull it off pretty easily against the right opponents, and it also came up at some point when I was running MEHulk either with or against C4ge. It's pretty awesome.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    So many times. Just team Shuri with MEHulk.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Spider Gwen with 5* Spidey can make them also, after her rework. Not too hard.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Well sure guys, just rain on my parade, why dontcha ;.;
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I hadn’t until then.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's my first time seeing a fortified critical tile, too. Didn't even consider it possible. Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    As previously mentioned, you get these all the time if you're running Shuri/Main Event. Nothing is more gratifying than seeing Gamma Powerbomb populate a bunch of otherwise empty fortifications with crits and then have them all go off twice with the added Shuri bonus on the back end. Ideally you'd have a bunch of P4nther fortified defense tiles on the board to go with them.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    That's pretty neat, had not seen that before.

At first I thought it looked like something I did see before, but I think I was confused with the one time I had a trap on a fortified red tile with DareDevil I think... if that is even possible, but I could just be having a weird version of deja vu.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fortification is part of that 3rd layer of tile effect that lives over the top of whatever the tile is doing, so you can fortify just about anything that's a "standard" tile type. I don't believe Team Up AP can be fortified, just frozen by Quicksilver. But Fortification and Locked can happen to any kind of other tile (I'm not sure about Swarm but i think you can fortify/lock a web tile based on BagMan's moveset).
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence said:
    Spider Gwen with 5* Spidey can make them also, after her rework. Not too hard.

Yeah, that's how I saw them.  That's a fun team!  Miles is somewhat better, and unfortunately Miles and Gwen overlap completely, but it's still pretty cool.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Using Carol had it happen a couple of times.  Replaced my fortified countdown with a critical.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Yes, I made one after I champed Shuri awhile back when she was required in Shield Training. Ever matched a fortified critical with two fortified tiles? I have. :)
    Or TWO Fortified criticals with a Fortified tile :lol:
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Fortification is part of that 3rd layer of tile effect that lives over the top of whatever the tile is doing, so you can fortify just about anything that's a "standard" tile type. I don't believe Team Up AP can be fortified, just frozen by Quicksilver. But Fortification and Locked can happen to any kind of other tile (I'm not sure about Swarm but i think you can fortify/lock a web tile based on BagMan's moveset).
    You absolutely could fortify a TU tile.
    For example, if you have Shuri and Ms Marvel, you could lay down a bunch of fortified tiles as Shuri then use Ms Marvel's yellow to change basic tiles into TUs.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    For example, if you have Shuri and Ms Marvel, you could lay down a bunch of fortified tiles as Shuri then use Ms Marvel's yellow to change basic tiles into TUs.
    Okoye's yellow does it, too.

Now I'm wondering if Quicksilver can lock a fortified TU tile.  Can other tile lockers (Invisible Woman, Bag-man) lock fortified tiles?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okoye's yellow does it, too.

Now I'm wondering if Quicksilver can lock a fortified TU tile.  Can other tile lockers (Invisible Woman, Bag-man) lock fortified tiles?
    Yes. Spider-Man does this easily enough. The tile becomes locked and is no longer fortified.
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Same thing happened with me when America Chavez is in my team. 
    She first turn 1 basic tile to a Critical tile. 
    Enemy has Shuri (Vibranium Virtuoso) as their Team-Up, and lock this Critical Tile. 
    This effect causes the tile to trigger twice