Balance of Power

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
It starts soon, what teams do you like to bring to this fight? Are you using what you usually do or do you try out other combos?

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took XFD, Ant man and BP and naturally the AI cascaded me to one third of health within four turns. Then the match turned and I won :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    I'm using as many different characters as possible, from one star to four star. I'm using mostly 1* and 2* characters.

I don't get the complain that matches take longer? Things scale accordingly. 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Matches take longer if you take undercovered 4*/5* teams into battle. 

Whatever you do, do NOT choose 5*s - 3s/4s (4s in particular) scale the best.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like bringing healers and special tile generators. So much damage is done, every turn you last greatly increases your odds of winning. 

Nico, Medusa, Mr. F, Carnage, C&D... Gets fun. 
  • plano78
    plano78 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Nico, Carnage, and Kraven. I also used a team inspired by that irritating node in "Hearts of Darkness:" Medusa, Lockjaw and Black Bolt. Fun!

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Carol, Coulson, and 5* Hawkeye. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiccan (5/3/5)/Chavez/Vulture is pretty cool. Taking Vulture off the map for a few turns helps a baby champ Wiccan tank more colors while also forcing your AP up on a bunch of colors for Demiurge. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to figure out the best support for 1*Spidey. Thinking Switch and Okoye as possible...but we'll see. I expect to play enough to try a few things.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    4* Medusa, 4* Rocket & Groot, and 4* Gamora. Saves on Health Packs.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I like Coulson / Shuri / Hawkeye (5* is better, but 3* works surprisingly well).

Once you fire Shuri's red...

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    I think I’ll be running the Spiderverse (4* Miles, Peter and Gwen). Since they’re all the same level I can put Spidey center and have him tank more colors!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    I wanna use Chavez, but I'm not sure who else. It's been a while since I've had to consider 4* characters and I'm not well practised with the newer ones, so I'm not sure who's good. BP and Shuri worth using? I like their functionality, but I'm not sure if they're heavy hitters.

[Edit] OMG SO DUMB. Rogue. Obviously. Jeez.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    I want to figure out the best support for 1*Spidey. Thinking Switch and Okoye as possible...but we'll see. I expect to play enough to try a few things.
    I'm using SWitch and Storm with him. Storm's green and especially her yellow are great for shaking things out when you end up with a bunch of Spidey's crits on the board.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler

I like Coulson / Shuri / Hawkeye (5* is better, but 3* works surprisingly well).

Once you fire Shuri's red...

Just ran that, and my screen turned off mid turn....that hasn't happened since animations lol
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Speaking of outrageous turn time.

This was after one move. Cascade into a 5, which they matched for another cascade into a 5  and their final move gave them another cascade.

I thought we fixed this problem =(

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gone wins only for this dross. Hit my 40, now done. Used thor okoye and Chavez for speed and zero packs needed. 
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking of outrageous turn time.

This was after one move. Cascade into a 5, which they matched for another cascade into a 5  and their final move gave them another cascade.

I thought we fixed this problem =(

No, they fixed the problem of cascade duration. But as they were making moves to achieve the outcome, this is a different issue, if it even is an issue.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    They made moves as in...this was still their first turn and each match they made created a long cascade. But whatevs, that's by the by here.

Vulture, Chavez and Rogue is otherwise serving me well.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, the Cascade Limitation was only applied to PvE last time I heard, not PvP.
  • Tell_my_wife_hello
    Tell_my_wife_hello Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2018
    Also, the Cascade Limitation was only applied to PvE last time I heard, not PvP.
    Is this true? I thought it was for all modes.