The Hulk is a painful slog.

Rockwell75
Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
Of all the 7 day events to bring back why did it have to be this one?  And if they were going to bring it back after so long couldn't they have at least tweaked it a little bit to make it less of a chore?  Ugh.

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why do you feel differently about this one? 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If TC's anything like me, the fact you fight nothing but Yelena, Moonstone, Ares, Daken, Bullseye and eventually Juggernaut for 7 days straight, plus HAMMER goons, gets very, very tiresome.

Enemy of the State can get a bit that way with the Hand, but at least the survival nodes give a bunch of rewards.
    Prodigal Sun is my favourite because every day is something different to the last.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do agree that it feels like quite a slog because I'll be left with one healthpack at the end of the event. And Hulk with his cascades....
  • Rockwell75
    Borstock said:
    Why do you feel differently about this one? 
    Day after day of Dark Avengers with no wave nodes, extra tokens, CP or iso along the way to break the monotony. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    y'all describing a 7 day vacation from mpq. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wanted to add in Hulk and his match-3 cascades, not the one activated by his passives because I already have him stunned perpetually. 

A shoutout to Ares's and Daken's cheap powers that drained my healthpacks!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its basically an extended version of The Hunt. That is never a good thing when you resemble The Hunt. 

Still, haven't seen this event in ages so its not annoying me yet. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its basically an extended version of The Hunt. That is never a good thing when you resemble The Hunt. 

Still, haven't seen this event in ages so its not annoying me yet. 
    Just wait until Juggernaut shows up.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Juggernaut isn't so much of a pain when you have 5* Thanos to kill him instantly, something I didn't have the last time this was run. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh maybe it's just me but I don't think it's that bad. The only thing that sucks is that we're coming off of Simulator, another event that was heavy on tile movers, and you throw in Gamora's pvp with her stupid cheap powers so that is draining my health packs more than anything. But I mean with The Hulk that's just three days of fighting Hulk and then you don't have to fight him for the rest of the event, you get a free Hulk cover and then it should take us into a boss event. Bit of a slog through The Hulk but good stuff on the horizon.
  • Rockwell75
    rixmith said:
    It is 7 days with a buffed Okoye (the first time I've had her buffed since I champed her), so I'm loving it!
    I had thought I would have had Okoye champed in time for at least one buffed event while she was in latest however my 8 consecutive Wasp pulls have assured otherwise :/
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I don’t care at all for the All Dark Avengers All The Time Of this event, but it HAS been ages since it last ran, so I am trying to appreciate it (unlike Wakanda, which I hope to never see again). 

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s a 7 day event;  what’s different about fighting DA for 7 days when it’s broken up between 2 events like Meet Grocket and The Hunt?  It’s all the same.
    Meet R&G has Maggia, mutants and Doombots; no DA or Hammer.  It’s not a huge change of pace, granted, but still...
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    It’s a 7 day event;  what’s different about fighting DA for 7 days when it’s broken up between 2 events like Meet Grocket and The Hunt?  It’s all the same.
    I never really get the hate for Meet R&G. I understand it's ran too often, but it's one of the more enjoyable events in my eyes. Most days are different and the second day (and 3rd day, if it's 48 hours) is a breeze with the 3 hardest regular nodes being all goons. And I'm all for making the game faster.

But this is like a 7 day version of the Hunt with Juggernaut. And not many people love The Hunt. Doesn't help that the last few days are nothing but meat shields with a ton of health. It's, as the OP said, a slog. If they threw in a few more goons to help speed up a few nodes or maybe a day or 2 against Maggia or some other group not named Sentries, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't even hate the first 2-3 days. There's an okay balance of goons to characters (required nodes could use some work) and I think the 3 vs 1 Hulk node is neat (not the threat it used to be with community scaling, but still neat), but after that it's really one big highlight to just how repetitive this game can be.

If they can update Simulator to add in all the new toys, they can swap out some DAs for something more interesting or quicker.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    And Hulk with his cascades....
    I'm trying to make that entertaining by bringing along Carol and 5Thor.  Thor tanks green so every time Hulk matches green Carol's energy manipulation goes off, triggering anger and so on. 

Yep.  That's the exact duo I brought along.  My son's roster works with his (newly champed!) Carol and the 5-star Doc Ock, who is his highest 5-starred character with a green ability.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:

But this is like a 7 day version of the Hunt with Juggernaut. And not many people love The Hunt. Doesn't help that the last few days are nothing but meat shields with a ton of health. It's, as the OP said, a slog. If they threw in a few more goons to help speed up a few nodes or maybe a day or 2 against Maggia or some other group not named Sentries, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't even hate the first 2-3 days. There's an okay balance of goons to characters (required nodes could use some work) and I think the 3 vs 1 Hulk node is neat (not the threat it used to be with community scaling, but still neat), but after that it's really one big highlight to just how repetitive this game can be.

If they can update Simulator to add in all the new toys, they can swap out some DAs for something more interesting or quicker.
    At least it's a 7 day version of The Hunt without the Florida sub.

One of the other threads around here had some information about how difficult it can be to get changes approved for licensed properties. While it might be easy to code, getting through all the paperwork/bureaucracy is a different story entirely.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    This event taught me to stun problem enemies when I was just breaking into 4* land, pre SCLs. I've never really felt any event is particularly better or worse than any other except Gaunlet. Dark Avengers feel like they've been in every event anyway & hammer goons are by far the easiest imo, so I don't really see a problem with this one. Full disclosure, I do have Okoye champed, so Medusa & baby mad Titan end most nodes in 3-4 turns.