new level 5 command point slurge or wait for 500

Options
calarahil
calarahil Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
I'm primarily in the 4 star camp the issue I have is sl7 is pretty much where I live during the last team event I was nearing 500 command points and didn't get Loki. Should I start to hang onto command points to spend on 5 stars or continue to test rng on pulls.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We need more information, but if you want to cover 5*s, you'll need a lot more than 500 CP
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It very much depends on your strategy. With 500CP then the best you could really hope for is to just try and grab one cover, maybe 2 so you can do the 5E for the applicable 5*. That is a perfectly good strategy but is of course like anything at the mercy of RNG. If you want to actually make serious inroads in terms of covering a 5*, you will need to save a lot more CP.
  • calarahil
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sorry I should of provided more info. Main thing I want to accomplish at the present moment are two things. Every 4 star hero to at least 10 covers to not get ripped on new 4 star runs and to have at least one of each  5 star for essential. I have only one missing now Gambit. The frustrating  part is rng going for a 5 star on release or save the 500 to ensure I can compete for ranking in sl7 or 8 with essential 5 star heroes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Never pay 500 CP for a fivestar cover. 500 CP buys you 20 pulls in Latest Legends, that should net you around Three fivestar covers and seventeen fourstar covers. Trading 20 for 1 is a ripoff.

It does depend a bit on where your fourstars are at though - as long as you have a good part of them champed it is far better to get those extra covers and getting champion rewards from them. You can get Loki covers from Main Event Hulk's champion rewards, so if you really want Loki putting MEHulk as a bonus hero may be a viable option.

It's also Worth remembering that the fivestar essential node in SCL 7 isn't Worth a whole lot of Points, so it really only matters if you are going for top placement. If you aren't interested in top placement you could just as easily skip the fivestar node.

• calarahil
    edited September 2018
    Options
    The placement component was key with my frustration with Loki. I had almost enough to get him outright but because dazzler was thrown in with the event and Loki a essential I couldn't min max covers. I have 4 of dazzler not a bad star but I could of ended up 1 or 2 more covers.  I also have over 40 champed 4 stars. With many at or over 10 covers       Quebbster said:

Never pay 500 CP for a fivestar cover. 500 CP buys you 20 pulls in Latest Legends, that should net you around Three fivestar covers and seventeen fourstar covers. Trading 20 for 1 is a ripoff.

It does depend a bit on where your fourstars are at though - as long as you have a good part of them champed it is far better to get those extra covers and getting champion rewards from them. You can get Loki covers from Main Event Hulk's champion rewards, so if you really want Loki putting MEHulk as a bonus hero may be a viable option.

It's also Worth remembering that the fivestar essential node in SCL 7 isn't Worth a whole lot of Points, so it really only matters if you are going for top placement. If you aren't interested in top placement you could just as easily skip the fivestar node.