MTGPQ Sneak Peek: September 2018 Edition *Updated (9/26/18)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    (9/10/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I'm a little confused by clamoring for another 5 node PvE with faster than 8 hour refreshes and a 3 cap.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    James13 said:
    I'm a little confused by clamoring for another 5 node PvE with faster than 8 hour refreshes and a 3 cap.
    AM has 8 hour refreshes, it’s legacy and the nodes aren’t as grindy — This makes it faster than B4T. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Legacy is way faster with all the card combos from card pool of 2k+ cards and 40+ pw. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2018
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Legacy is way faster with all the card combos from card pool of 2k+ cards and 40+ pw. 
    So AM will be like BoFT for people without strong legacy cards. Been grinding about 2 years and have 118 legacy mythics and 84 legacy rares still to craft
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    When I started out and joined a coalition I didn't have a lot of good cards either (long time in bronze) and couldn't beat any on the final node in AM. So what? That's how it's supposed to be.
  • [Deleted User]
    ArielSira said:
    When I started out and joined a coalition I didn't have a lot of good cards either (long time in bronze) and couldn't beat any on the final node in AM. So what? That's how it's supposed to be.
    Whoa whoa whoa.

Uhhhh i was talking about how grindy it would be (like BoFT) for people without them crazy legacy cards. 

And also about how inaccessible legacy cards really are, considering how long i have been playing. 

Maybe your comment wasnt directly related to mine *shrug; but i edited my comment with the quote tag to ensure clarity. 
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Jimpark; honestly I don't even get how I misread your comment (grindy instead of difficulty). Sorry :v 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby schedule for next week, please
  • [Deleted User]
    ArielSira said:
    Jimpark; honestly I don't even get how I misread your comment (grindy instead of difficulty). Sorry :v 
    Haha its all good! I re-read my comment and was like well it definitely isnt clear what i am talking about but the edit with the quote made a huge difference. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    (9/19/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cancelling "Race to Orcas" is annoying as we had people practising for it....

Some types of changes are harder to adjust to than others...
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    A bold move that's hard to fault, really. . A lot of people were pretty anxious about the potential of facing Legacy decks. 

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you. That is a worthwhile reason!
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Brigby said:
    Kinesia said:

We understand the frustration, however it was canceled to avoid the Legacy in Standard bug until the fix can be implemented in 2.9.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    This is the correct response. Kudos.

edit: I know you were waiting for my approval, of course.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    I suppose they could run Avoncyn’s Madness instead. <ducks and runs>
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I was really looking forward to finally getting that screen shot. I missed the last time.  I faced a legecy card in a standard event.  You guys did the only thing you  could though.   There is always next weekend.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Kinesia said:

We understand the frustration, however it was canceled to avoid the Legacy in Standard bug until the fix can be implemented in 2.9.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Couldn't you at least have replaced it with a PvE Coalition Event (not BoFT)? Probably a better choice than leaving us empty handed all weekend.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Re run AWR...