Liliana, Deaths Majesty Ideas?

So I have some crystals burning a whole in my pocket, and Liliana looks kinda interesting. I like the idea of not building another zombie deck, but it seems sort of inevitable. Creatures with ETB or "when it dies" abilities seem like the right idea also. Not sure if I want it to be standard legal or not, but I'm currently thinking not.

I got Westvale Abbey not too long ago and have been trying to build around that some, but to little effect. Has anyone experimented with a similar build?

Comments

• mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    So here's what I came up with: "Take me to Church v.2"

Westvale Abbey
    Marionette Master
    Priest of the Blood Rite
    Graveblade Marauder
    Maulfist Squad
    Bone Splinters
    Lethal Sting
    Trial of Ambition
    Cartouche of Ambition
    Crumbling Necropolis

All of the humans have ETB or upon-death triggers, so I just use Lili's 1'st ability on them often. Marionette Master and Priest can do a lot of work on their own, sometimes not even needing the Abby. Bone splinters is another sac outlet/removal option. With Lethal Sting I usually put the -1/-1 on Abby speeds it up a little also. Its been pretty successful and I'm really enjoying playing black not-zombies. 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    interesting combo deck would like to try it out for giggles
  • metafrost
    metafrost Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Ahh well I have a cheap deck that is doing pretty well (beats the last boss in events), I know you're avoiding zombies, but this is doing really well and could be an option for those who have fewer cards.

Amnit Eternal
    Accursed Horde
    Wayward Servant
    Fleshbag Marauder

Leliana's Defeat
    Unlicensed Disintegration
    Lethal Sting

Trial of Ambition
    Cradle of the Accursed

Stir the Sands

The only real pointer for this deck is to disable Trial of Ambition until there is a threat on the table, and use anoint on the Marauder in an emergency. Accursed Horde is great for defenders and keeping your board control in your hand for bigger threats. Basically it is a control deck.

You could swap out almost any of the rare zombies, but fleshbag marauder keeps the board clear is is a bit important.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler

I built a temporary/event zombie deck for one of the recent events and had a good time playing it. Fleshbag Maurader is a rock star in the deck, as was miasmic mummy. Often I would turn one the mummy, dump Consign // Oblivion and then obliterate they’re hand the next turn. Plague Belcher threw some extra damage around, though he’s kinda Meh for a rare. Honestly I think I like Wayward Servant just a hair better for the little bit of life gain without the -1/-1 to all my creatures. Having both out is pretty fun though, especially with Liliana’s 3rd ability online.

Zombies need love too I guess! I might have to blow some crystals on a deck slot :smile:

• Arsinik
    Arsinik Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I just posted in the official discussion the current deck I'm using. Vampires, lifelink, pump to zombies with a side of destruction.
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    She plays really nicely with Josu Vess, Lich Knight.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Her first ability is there for 3 spells- Rebirth,Rise from the Grave, Dark petition

3 supports for mana gain- Rupture, Dowsing Dagger,Dragons hoard

Pick 3 historic creatures that avoid the plant token.

She's my favorite mono. Unfortunately, there's a bug with Plague Wind not killing off the last plant token.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aeroplane said:
    Her first ability is there for 3 spells- Rebirth,Rise from the Grave, Dark petition

3 supports for mana gain- Rupture, Dowsing Dagger,Dragons hoard

Pick 3 historic creatures that avoid the plant token.

She's my favorite mono. Unfortunately, there's a bug with Plague Wind not killing off the last plant token.
    I
     think you're speaking about Lili, untouched by hairbrush
     this Lili kills and returns target creature as a zombie