To Level-Up, or not to Level-Up, that is the question.

Options
Jesus Jones
Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
So I am taking a new approach to champing my 4*s.  Now that we have the ability to save covers and with the S.H.I.E.L.D training events going on, I feel that my $*s really only need to be at level 209.  So for now my goal is to get them all to that level, but I am not sure how to go about selecting who gets levelled.  In the last few S.H.I.E.L.D training events it was always the oldest character that I didn't have 10 covers for, this on in particular was War Machine, before that I remember it was Spider-Gwen.  Looking at my roster now, I have several at 10 covers but not at 209, so I am tempted to level them up for the sake of usefulness.  Here is who I have at 10+ covers, what order would you chose?

1. Red Hulk
2. Moon Knight
3. Wasp
4. Sandman
5. Spider-Gwen
6. Spider-Man IW
7. Drax
8. X-23

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In order of priority:
    Wasp, Red Hulk, Moon Knight, Iron Spidey, Spider-Gwen, Drax, X-23

You might want to wait for a while because there will be a new character next Thursday, which means there will be another SHIELD Training.
  • Jesus Jones
    Options
    Already! Feels like we just had one!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Already! Feels like we just had one!
    That's the pace the game has, new releases every other week.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess that is true, most 4*'s don't need to be champed, but being at level 209 would help with shield training.

Anybody know offhand:

1) What are the rewards for finishing shield training (besides the newest 4*), without having the newest 4* at lvl 209?  Any LTs?
    2) How much Iso does it take to lvl a 4* to lvl 209?  

I didn't feel like Spider Woman was worth the ISO to level up on the last shield training, but if this is an ongoing thing every two weeks, then maybe it would be a good idea to invest...although I am saving my ISO to champ my 5*s when I get them next year....

• Jesus Jones
    Options
    Actually they is one reason to champ 4*s, now they are starting to reward covers for 5*s. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The main reason (for me) to have your 3 Shield Training people at 209 is to get the free cover of the new character.

I would wait and see who the next 3 required are before putting any ISO in
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:
    I guess that is true, most 4*'s don't need to be champed, but being at level 209 would help with shield training.

Anybody know offhand:

1) What are the rewards for finishing shield training (besides the newest 4*), without having the newest 4* at lvl 209?  Any LTs?

I didn't feel like Spider Woman was worth the ISO to level up on the last shield training, but if this is an ongoing thing every two weeks, then maybe it would be a good idea to invest...although I am saving my ISO to champ my 5*s when I get them next year....

The only LT in shield training is the one you get for completing the fifth solo node, and to finish that one you need to have 13 covers for the new release. The level 209 nodes give out event tokens for the release event except the one where you need all Three of the featured characters, that one rewards a random cover for the new release.

The cost to get a fourstar from level 70 to level 209 is roughly 150 000 ISO.

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    heybub said:

Anybody know offhand:

The only LT in shield training is the one you get for completing the fifth solo node, and to finish that one you need to have 13 covers for the new release. The level 209 nodes give out event tokens for the release event except the one where you need all Three of the featured characters, that one rewards a random cover for the new release.

The cost to get a fourstar from level 70 to level 209 is roughly 150 000 ISO.

Thanks for the info.  Yeah, probably better to save my ISO then.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going from 209 -> champ is right around 230k iso; I've discovered it's  possible to champ one of my 209s between releases, and then just level whoever shield training requires once I find out who that is. I suppose I could go through and pre-level them all, but this way I still end up with a reasonably regular addition of new champs on my roster to play with.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like Moon Knight might be getting your ISO-8.

Hope you have HulkBuster and Kate Bishop too for the upcoming SHIELD Training.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Moon Knight - Moon Knight can win matches on his own, his green hits lIke a truck and his black has a true heal if you can use it to KO an enemy. You might also get some free attack tiles or other perks from his quirky purple.
    2. Wasp - Wasp is a pure support character - I would say this depends on who you have to run with her. She can turn the tide with her yellow and blue passive with the right partners.
    3. Red Hulk - RHulk is a bit of a one trick pony but he does have high health and can self generate/steal so I would put him high but not necessarily top tier.
    4. Spider-Man IW - In order to be most effective you need him to tank at least blue. When boosted he can one-shot a LOT of characters - I hit for 38K in his PvP and that was without using another Spider-verse character to boost web tiles. DON'T USE HIM AGAINST BOSS VENOM THOUGH!!!

The other 4 are much of a muchness, X-23's heal is useful but she hits like a wet noodle for a 4*.

Sandman
    Spider-Gwen
    Drax
    X-23

Otherwise keep an eye on upcoming CotT matches - if you are gonna level to 209 might as well make use of for a Crash.