My quest for 5Okoye

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker

Here is my tale/quest to obtain Okoye…  It’s not a pretty tale as you shall soon see.

Okoye was introduced 5/17

•  I earned 3x Okoye LT, bought 17x LTs (17x25CP). 20 draws.  3xBP, 1xPP 4:20 draws (20%!, win, this let me complete 5BP).

Okoye became available in LTs 6/5

•  30 LT draws.  1xNecroCap, 3xJJ, 1xOkoye-R draw.  5:30 draws (16%, I’ll take it).

Drew 6/26:

• 19 LT draws.  1xNecroCap, 1xJJ, 1xOkoye-Y draw.  3:19 (16%, I’ll take it)

Drew 7/17:

• 45 LT draws. 2xNecroCap, 2xOkoye-Y+B draws. 4:45 (<10%, BOO!)

Drew 7/18 (start spending CP):

• 60 CP LTs, 3x LTs from rewards. 1xNecroCap, 2xWasp, Okoye-B draws.  4:63 (JOY!)

Drew 7/25

• 7x LTs, 20x CP LTs.  3xNecroCap, 2xOkoye-Y+B.  5:27 (~16%, I’ll take it)

Drew 8/15

• 15x LTs. NOTHING! 0:15 (What???!!???)

Drew 8/28

• 32x LTs, 59x CP LTs. 5Okoye-5Y, 4xWasp, 6xLoki  15:91 (16%, I guess I’ll take it)

Drew 9/4

• 6x LTs, 20x CP LTs. 3xOkoye-R+Y+B, 1xWasp, 1xLoki  5:26 (20%, I guess I’ll take it).

So my Okoye draws:

R, Y, Y, B, B, Y, B, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, R, Y

I got Shuri up to lvl 300, so I received +1xBlack & +1 Red Covers.  I got 1x5*BH for Okoye (YELLOW!)

So my Shuri for draws were: 4/11/2 (convert 6x covers->Red) and she is completed.

157x LTs, 159x 25CP LTs.

The LT expenditure also includes getting Necro Captain, so that’s not all for Okoye…

I also ended up with 5Wasp: 3/5/2, and 5Loki: 3/3/4

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    You pulled 13.4% (46/336) instead of the 14.2% advertised rate (less than 1% difference). And you got the character you wanted champed. Many here have had WAY worse 
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    316 pulls to get two characters fully covered is not bad. Your Loki looks pretty healthy too.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Okoye is at 5/5/2 with 1 bonus cover saved .

Whats her expected leave date?

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Okoye is at 5/5/2 with 1 bonus cover saved .

Whats her expected leave date?

Should be Oct 8
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    You pulled 13.4% (46/336) instead of the 14.2% advertised rate (less than 1% difference). And you got the character you wanted champed. Many here have had WAY worse 

Yeah, but getting 3/10/2 is the worse possible draws that could happen.  The other covers coming from Shuri rewards.  If D3 hadn't done that, I don't know if I'd have the patience to get +2 covers from draws.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    You should feel lucky.

Tracing back the dates, when Okoye entered the Latest rotation, she was with Jessica and BeardCap.
    Later Wasp rotated in and Jessica rotated out.
    Most recently Loki rotated in and BeardCap rotated out.

I don't stockpile but I play and open tokens regularly, and over these rotations I have amassed the following covers for each:

Jessica: 1
    BeardCap: 6
    Okoye: 0
    Wasp: 5
    Loki: 2

How's that for rotten luck? Other than Wasp, I'm pretty sure Cap is considered the worst of those 5.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I’m a bit more fortunate than most my Okoye currently stands at 4-3-4 so I’ve got a good chance of getting her champed, just a bit disappointed that she’s been at that level since the Shuri announcement 

since then I’ve pulled a Loki , 3 or 4 Wasp and 3 beard caps 

I’d spend CP in heroes for hire but I’ve only got 300 points 
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 94 Match Maker

Also went in for okoye. 300LT

Okoye 6-4-7

Loki 7-3-7

Wasp 2-2-6

Bonus Blackbolt  Y (ff seriously) Bonus Medusa 11

resulting in

Okoye lvl 458

Loki lvl 458

Wasp 3-3-7

BlackBolt 2-4-1

so the draw was pretty good end result is after a week of playing PvP is now out since no viable Thor or BB. placement dropped form t20 to t100 or less. Wow seriously i have now 2 5Camps and have to go up against teams of 470+ Okoye, Thor, JJ. realy comeone.

• Daredevil217
    Wilger said:

Also went in for okoye. 300LT

Okoye 6-4-7

Loki 7-3-7

Wasp 2-2-6

Bonus Blackbolt  Y (ff seriously) Bonus Medusa 11

resulting in

Okoye lvl 458

Loki lvl 458

Wasp 3-3-7

BlackBolt 2-4-1

so the draw was pretty good end result is after a week of playing PvP is now out since no viable Thor or BB. placement dropped form t20 to t100 or less. Wow seriously i have now 2 5Camps and have to go up against teams of 470+ Okoye, Thor, JJ. realy comeone.

Did you think that if you champed 5* you would stay in 4* MMR?
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Not even champing, just some level around 390 is a point of no return 
  • Daredevil217
    To be fair, unless a player comes to the forum and reads regularly, s/he would be unaware that PvP MMR would change drastically by champing two 5*. Sometimes, it can really seem like the game is penalising players for wanting to make, and indeed making, that next step.

And that’s precisely why you haven’t champed a single 5* of yours, no?
    1) That’s exactly why I asked. It was a serious question. 

2) Absolutely. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    Not even champing, just some level around 390 is a point of no return 
    390 is beyond the physical max cap for 4*.  Thats why you are guaranteeed to have 5* matchups once your avg levels go past 390.

There's more fine grain detail to it beyond that.  but easiest explanation is that your avg level has exceed where the 4* can typically exist, and your bunched with 5* rosters as a result.  These numbers will flucturate based on buffs etc, but its a safe guide to say keep your chars below level 350 and you pretty much assured to not get matched up against 5* rosters.

For more detailed advice, we need to see more info on your roster

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Glad someone mentioned it, I’m always getting attacked by champed 5* rosters and don’t have a single champ , but I’ve been upgrading my 5* characters to 375-420 for the last few months 

I recently decided to use most of my CP on the classic vault as I want covers for Thor BB and BP , 

im only 2 covers short of a champed Okoye, I could champ Phoenix but I don’t see the point as there are better characters with her colours 
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 94 Match Maker
    edited September 2018
    yes knew of all of the above and experienced it but wanted to go anyway to atleast have Okoye and had calculated that should at least have made 5 champs but RNG thought otherwise. Peterparker, Hawkeye and starlord all need only 1 cover, Silversurfer and BiB are done. I think the bonus heroes were to low but 5* rate was high enough, lucked out on wasp but meh is wasp.
    Did you think that if you champed 5* you would stay in 4* MMR?
    No but the gap just got widened by to large a margin i'am now seeing rosters with at least 40 Champ levels more and getting curbstomped to much. Before alread saw a lot of 5* champ rosters but not this much of a difference that my 4* could not handle it.