Red Iso-8 Updates *Updated (9/24/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited September 2018 in MPQ Supports Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Supports offer a wide variety of perks that give your favorite heroes and villains unique enhancements to game-play, and the more you level them up, the more impactful they become! That is...if you have enough Red Iso-8 to level them up, which brings us to our next point.

We took some time to review how much Red Iso-8 is actually being awarded to players, and we agree with the community that the amount players get could use some increasing...so that's exactly what we did!

Versus Tournaments

Starting with the Lethal Intent event, rewards in Versus events will give out more Red Iso-8. Here are more details on those changes:
  • Red Iso-8 in Placement and Progression rewards have been increased by roughly a factor of 18!
    • For example, in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9, you will receive 1,450 Red Iso-8 for first place (up from 80)
    • For example, in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9, players who achieve 50 wins or 1,000 points will receive 7,650 Red Iso-8 (up from 425)
Breakdown of Red Iso-8 Changes by SCL

Story Events

Starting with the Galactus Hungers event, rewards in Story events will give out more Red Iso-8. Here are more details on those changes:
  • In 3/4 day events, Red Iso-8 in Placement and Progression rewards have been increased by roughly a factor of 18!
    • For example, in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9, you will receive 2,500 Red Iso-8 for first place (up from 140)
    • For example, in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9, you will receive 12,800 Red Iso-8 for achieving the 31st progression reward (up from 715)
    • For example, in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9, you will receive 1,500 Red Iso-8 for first and second place from Alliance Rewards (up from 85)
  • In missions that give out Red Iso-8, you will receive 350 Red Iso-8 from Mission Rewards (up from 10)
Breakdown of Red Iso-8 Changes by SCL

Special Offer / Heroes for Hire Bundles

Starting in R162, all Heroes for Hire offers will be updated with the new Red Iso-8 values. Players who purchased one of the recent Special Offer bundles are able to contact CS and receive the difference they would have received.

Here are the specifics:
  • Players who purchased the Rare Avengers pack will not receive any additional Red Iso-8, as none were offered.
  • Players who purchased It’s Us, Deadpool, Legendary Avengers Pack, Young Avengers Pack, and the Vital Villains Pack will receive 12,000 Red Iso-8 for each offer they purchased.
  • Player who purchased the Mutant Mayhem Pack will receive 120,000 Red Iso-8.

Comments

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Nice change
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice start in the right direction. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That motivates me to hit 50 wins.
  • F_Cannon
    F_Cannon Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Nice one D3! Do they already work in pvp?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very substantial change in a positive direction.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I'm creating a data-table as we speak, so players have a better idea of how the increase affects each progression and placement reward.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Will rewards in pve be getting a similar boost?
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Nice to get the red ISO, but the problem is still being able to obtain the supports. If we get an influx of red ISO, what are we to spend it on? 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    F_Cannon said:
    Nice one D3! Do they already work in pvp?

No changes there, still PVE only.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want an easier way to upgrade my Milano out of its level 1 50/50. But at least it won't take me forever and a day to level up my other supports now.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    The house is on fire, and you've saved Grandma's wheelchair. No one is going to deny you did a good thing, but it doesn't solve the problems that exist, and the change doesn't greatly impact how well we're surviving with those problems.

This only applies to first place in one SCL, and the handful of people who break 1k in PVP events. Apply it to the other Versus progression rewards, other SCLs, and Story mode. And add tokens so we can reasonably acquire these things in the first place.

I'm glad more Red ISO is available, and those amounts look nice, but this feels like a change so you can say "Look, we're making it better!" without actually doing anything significant. Supports are usable by 3* characters. Why not make a change that would actually benefit people at that tier of play, instead of only the top end of PVP players? (for that matter, why increase the rewards in the one game mode that can't use them in the first place? anyone that plays Versus or Story exclusively won't benefit from this at all, as the former can't use Supports, and the latter doesn't have access to the improvements)
    The Red Iso-8 changes apply across the board. The details listed above are just the max amount for SCL9. I'm working on a data table that'll show each individual SCL and their respective changes.
    Oh, that is WAY better.

Still a swing and a miss on Support token availability (which needs to be done for increased Red ISO-8 to matter, no sense increasing ISO if you aren't giving us stuff to spend it on in the first place).

But I admit my complaint is a tad excessive due to my misunderstanding that this applied to ONLY SCL9.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Wow. Nice change. I've been afraid to level my Supports up too much thinking I would have buyer's remorse when I got a better Support later on. Hopefully this will allow me to get to get the ones that are on frequently used characters up to their max. 

Thanks!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably they are doing this to increase participation in PvP?

PvP usually has fewer players than in PvE.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    for that matter, why increase the rewards in the one game mode that can't use them in the first place? anyone that plays Versus or Story exclusively won't benefit from this at all, as the former can't use Supports, and the latter doesn't have access to the improvements
    million dollar question.  

it's possible that they are assuming this will help increase pvp engagement.  

as to the topic at hand, let's do some math.  1000 points, top 100 personal and alliance placement gets you 13,400 in SCL9 (and 7725 for SCL7, which seems to the the baseline, with it's nice even 1000 and 4000 rewards).  compare that to 1260 in pve.

I have 21 of 35 (not counting stones), five 1*, eleven 2*, four 3* and one 4*.  the amount to level them is the same across the tiers, so i need

20,822 to get to level 50 X 5 = 104110
    90017 to get to level 100 X 11 = 990187
    211442 to get to level 150 X 4 = 845768
    and 282007 to get to level 172 for a 4* (i have 284k riso, so i can't see what the cost is up to 200)

grand total of 2,222,072 divided by 13400, and they reduced the number of pvp events i need to play from 2988 down to 166 to max out what i have currently.

And then we get back to the main crux of my issue with supports: usability.  i can dump the 284k i have already and level *1* support to 172, and it will still take 16 pvp events to bring another *1* support up to 150.  

Keep in mind that is also at a fairly high level of PVP play, in SCL9.  change it to SCL7 and it goes from 166 pvps to max what i have to 288!  

TL:DR
    this is a step in the right direction, but at this pace, it's still going to take a long time for most people.