Simulator

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Time again for this abomination of an event. In the node with R&G level 140 the board was filled with yellow and green. And cascade, cascade, cascade... My champed JJ lost half her health being constantly pummeled for like half a minute and R&G revived 4(!) times. Great, not. I retreated and got a better board. It feels like even the trivial nodes are constantly cascading and giving out the wrong colors. I always step down to SCL 6 for this unhappy event.

Comments

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I purposefully stepped down to SCL 4.  I died twice during Sim 06 (America Chavez, JJ, and CMags).  I realized I had to take AC out first and then JJ.  It was the only way I survived, though with lots of lost health.  
    I"ve always struggled with this event.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  This event is just brutal.  
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    First match of this event, 5* essential on CL8.. got wiped with Yondu and Nova because 5* Wasp does exactly nothing outside of match damage. I think the AI got off every ability at least once, while I was forced to match mostly useless colours. Yeah.. welcome to Sim PVE again..  :( That was 3 health packs down the drain.

Ugh... I hate Sim, and I dislike 5* Wasp as much as I like 4* Wasp (which is quite a bit).

Whatever happened to Enemy of the State and the like? That is so much more fun to play in my opinion.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simulation 006 is the worst node for me because Jessica Jone matches her trap tiles within 2 turns majority of the time, and America gets lot of match 4. 

Day 2 is so much easier. I can't remember Day 3.

Which SCL are you guys playing in?

• Persephone
    I'm in SCL 4.  I'd thought I could handle it.  I'd figured Hawkguy (boosted to 274) with all his arrows would help and I used She-Hulk (boosted to 272) to drain AP.  I paired them with Strang3 (champed at 212) to drain health when powers thrown.  I failed miserably and on SCL 4!  What the tinykitty????
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    It's a very hard event, especially for a newer roster.   Always has been - same as the heroes side of DP vs MPQ.   Even as a higher level player (5s, scl9) I'll still use more health packs than normal.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a rough one, that's for sure. It doesn't help that this week's good boosted characters (at least from my Roster) have a lot of colour overlap. Agent Venom and Nova don't work very well together at all.
  • Persephone
    I got through Sim 006 with Modern Captain Marvel (boosted to 291), Hawkguy, and She-Hulk.  I had CM take as much damage as possible  to get red AP.  I had enough to fire off She-Hulk power of attorney twice and killed America Chavez and CMags.  Poor JJ only had 420 health left.  I think I killed her off with hyper-sonic punch.  CM only had half-health left.  Hawkguy and She-Hulk fared better but still took some beating. 

I ended up liking that team more than I thought I would.  

I don't have Dazzler, and I finished Top 10 in that mini-event.  How?  I guess everybody is struggling???

• SocAccPsyc
    SocAccPsyc Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Yes,  Simulation 06 is the absolute worst garbage!  I'm playing at SCL 9 mostly because I've been playing for ever, but I don't have any champed 5*.  I don't know if this is the norm for this level, but it has not been a problem since this system has been in place.  At least until now.  I was able to squeeze by 2 rounds of wins, but now the combination of JJ and AC are just wiping out everything, whether it be the champed 4* or the couple of higher level 5*.  This is ridiculous!  I would stop playing this whole stupid Simulation series if I didn't want a Dazzler ticket. 

To any devs listening:  Challenge is one thing, but this is just cheap and frustrating.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
     Man I actually love this event, so different from the normal goon bash. I will say the 5E node on sub 2 smacked me good tonight though. My god Wasp is useless.
  • TPF Alexis
     Man I actually love this event, so different from the normal goon bash. I will say the 5E node on sub 2 smacked me good tonight though. My god Wasp is useless.
    I like it in general, but it certainly isn't one to experiment with jumping up a level on, and is often a good one to drop down a level for. It also fits better after something much more goon-heavy. Running it after HoD or DPvMPQ, it loses some of its feeling of variety. This particular run is really rough for me, because in addition to Dazzler being new and my aforementioned problems with the Boosted list, I just flipped 3* Captain Marvel, and she's at like 5 covers, even after getting the Progression covers for her. My highest leveled of the three "core" Essentials is the 2*. It's kind of awful. And yeah, Wasp is terrible. The only use I've gotten from her is that she'll tank yellow and black for Agent Venom or Nova.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I like it in general, but it certainly isn't one to experiment with jumping up a level on, and is often a good one to drop down a level for. It also fits better after something much more goon-heavy. Running it after HoD or DPvMPQ, it loses some of its feeling of variety. This particular run is really rough for me, because in addition to Dazzler being new and my aforementioned problems with the Boosted list, I just flipped 3* Captain Marvel, and she's at like 5 covers, even after getting the Progression covers for her. My highest leveled of the three "core" Essentials is the 2*. It's kind of awful. And yeah, Wasp is terrible. The only use I've gotten from her is that she'll tank yellow and black for Agent Venom or Nova.
    Oh no doubt on being careful with which scl you play. Before my roster was more fleshed out this event would be a pain in the butt. I’ve been running Yondu, Nova, and Grocket and it hasn’t been too bad. I tried running Wasp on day 1 for the match damage but my god she is terrible....it really can’t be said enough.
  • TPF Alexis
    I'm actually feeling like a total idiot right now. It wasn't until this morning that I remembered that Yondu has the GotG Affiliation, and thus works with Grocket. Chopped 15-20 minutes and a handful of Health Packs off my clears with that realization.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I ran Chavez, ME Hulk and Mockingbird through 006. Still took a beating but I pulled more AP with that group than enemy Chavez. I took out JJ first because she drops those traps so quickly.  Mockingbird fired Hulk purple in two of the matches so that was great.