Next 5-star to sink my ISO into?

sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
After getting all of the 4-stars to their maximum cover level, it's now time to turn my eyes onto the 5-star realm.  I'm curious which of the lower-leveled 5-star characters would be the best one to sink the ISO into until they're max covered.

Current 5-star roster:
Champed:
Thor (452)
Strange (451)
OML and Black Widow (450)

Max Leveled for covers:
Thanos (5/5/2) - Also my bonus hero, with one cover saved already.
Gambit (4/2/4)
Hawkeye (2/3/2)

My first choice, if I had more covers for her, would be Okoye.  However, she's 1/1/2 right now, so I don't know if the extra levels would help much.

Ones with 9-10 covers:
Black Bolt (5/2/3, currently LVL 287, needs 342,101 ISO)
Silver Surfer (2/4/4, LVL 287, needs 342,102 ISO)  [wait, why does he need 1 extra ISO to level up???]
Daredevil (3/3/2, LVL 295, needs 225,506 ISO)

6-7 covers, most of whom are still LVL 255:
Green Goblin is 2/4/1
Infinity War Cap and Archangel are 1/5/1
Spider Man (Peter Parker) is 3/1/3
Ghost Rider is 3/3/1
Black Panther and Jessica Jones are 2/2/2
First Avenger Cap is 4/2/0
Wasp is 3/3/0  (Six LT for her in a short time, and only 4 for Okoye in all of this time. I hate RNG some times!)

Should I go with the higher covered ones first?  Is there a good team with two of my champed ones and a 6-7 cover one?  Any help here would be appreciated.

Comments

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    You're not going to get much use out of your undercovered 5* in PVP, so that's not really an issue. You can use the 12 cover Thanos for some climbing, but the rest will need more covers (and ISO) to be worth it.

I generally don't bother putting ISO into 5* until they're essential in PVE, and then I put in as much as I'm comfortable (at the moment, I'm comfortable putting all the ISO in the game will let me, but at some point I'll characters to champ so that might change). For me, the goal is to have the boosted 5* tank for Thor as much as possible; for example, my Wasp is 3/3/1. which I've leveled to 360, and when boosted she tanks everything for champed Thor except green (so she takes the hits instead of him); I then use her, Thor and a third (usually America) for everything in CL9 and can get through without health packs. Even though Wasp is... um.... not fantastic, she does do 5* damage and at level 460+ that's something. If adding a support allows the lower level 5* to tank a color even better.

So, in your shoes I would put as much ISO in Okoye, Wasp and Loki as possible and then put ISO into characters as they become essential.

Hope that helps!

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the tips, although the decision was just made for me - Save it all for a few days.  My daily reward list showed me that in six days, I'll be getting that Green Thanos cover that I need to champ him.  I got another one of his covers as a bonus hero from the LT today from beating the Crash of the Titans, so I've now got two covers saved for him.

To make things extra nice, the normal cover was an Okoye, so she's now 2/1/2.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Well, champing Thanos is always a good answer. Congrats!