MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2018 Edition *Updated (9/25/18)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the explanation everyone. 7 days of Dark Avengers do sound terrible. I believe Enemy of the State has wave nodes? Or are they keeping the best 7 days PvE for Anniversary?  B)
    Wave nodes play a part, it is the big brother of Hearts of Darkness.

Way back in the day the main complaint about Enemy of the State was that it locked out Wolverine from players rosters for the first (I want to say half?) part of the event so Old Man Logan couldn't save you health packs. Things have moved on since then a bit...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for a 7 day event again!!
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Can someone help me find the thread/post where D3 laid out the CP/reward structure by SCL.   Would like to eyeball the 7 day information prior to event.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone help me find the thread/post where D3 laid out the CP/reward structure by SCL.   Would like to eyeball the 7 day information prior to event.
    Here you go:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64725/update-to-progression-rewards-in-story-events-5-18-17
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67660/access-granted-s-h-i-e-l-d-clearance-level-9-updated-9-20-17
    (two links: one for SCL's 1-8 & one for SCL 9)

In general, you're always better off searching for terms in the "MPQ News and Announcements" forum for this instead of the General Discussion, as there's a lot less to filter through.  Just FYI for future reference.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought people hated 7-day events because you can play perfectly for 6 days and then something happens on day 7 and you lose your placement rewards despite 6 days of hard work.  How is this better than 3-4 day events?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    I thought people hated 7-day events because you can play perfectly for 6 days and then something happens on day 7 and you lose your placement rewards despite 6 days of hard work.  How is this better than 3-4 day events?
    Some people do. Others love them.  Different strokes. 
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    ZootSax said:
    Here you go:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64725/update-to-progression-rewards-in-story-events-5-18-17
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67660/access-granted-s-h-i-e-l-d-clearance-level-9-updated-9-20-17
    (two links: one for SCL's 1-8 & one for SCL 9)

In general, you're always better off searching for terms in the "MPQ News and Announcements" forum for this instead of the General Discussion, as there's a lot less to filter through.  Just FYI for future reference.
    Ty!
  • ManoPA
    ManoPA Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the explanation everyone. 7 days of Dark Avengers do sound terrible. I believe Enemy of the State has wave nodes? Or are they keeping the best 7 days PvE for Anniversary?  B)
    They start with the worst event. But maybe you are right, the best event (Enemy of State) for anniversary.  :)

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    I love them because it's more of a marathon. Wish it was Enemy of the State but since they just did an event with wave nodes and lots of goons they probably wanted to do something a little different and maybe save EotS for later on. Maybe do it as the follow-up event after a new character release around the holidays.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    I usually skip the first 2 days.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    You get double progression rewards for seven day events, but the same placement cover rewards.  If you're getting more covers from placement than progression (i.e. in the top 1-2% of the player base), then I guess it looks like a net loss with a longer grind.  If you're not getting 4* covers for placement and play every event anyway, then it is probably slightly better.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I like to switch shards for mid week and weekend, so shorter events are ideal. Also, it means an extra event waiting for that favourite 5 classic essential...

But for me its all about the variety... if we would get extra 3/4 day events or cut up the 7 day events, that would be perfect. But if thats no option, bringing back the 7d ones is awesome! 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Good: 7-Day Event
    Meh: Hulk
    Bad: Emma 4*s rewards. Why did it have to be Emma? She sucks!! I sold her covers before and surely now I will sell them again.
  • Smart80
    Bad: Emma 4*s rewards. Why did it have to be Emma? She sucks!! I sold her covers before and surely now I will sell them again.
    Why would you sell?
  • skittledaddy
    Smart80 said:
    Why would you sell?
    Need the roster spot for good characters.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 said:
    Why would you sell?
    Oh sorry, didnt think of that, thats a real shame. Tough to build whole roster this late in the game.. best of luck
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    I like to switch shards for mid week and weekend, so shorter events are ideal. Also, it means an extra event waiting for that favourite 5 classic essential...

But for me its all about the variety... if we would get extra 3/4 day events or cut up the 7 day events, that would be perfect. But if thats no option, bringing back the 7d ones is awesome! 
    My ideal solution would be to move to a system more based on progression so you could play on your own schedule so you're not essentially penalized if you don't play around the game. Until then they could break up 7 day events into parts so instead of playing Deadpool vs MPQ after a boss event you could play one half of Prodigal Son then play the second half a week or two later. It would definitely keep people from getting bored of playing the same events over and over. 

@jamesh That's my biggest problem with 7 day events. Currently the game offers slightly more rewards in placement for a 7 day event compared to a 3 day event. They need to offer more covers for placement or maybe the normal amount for an event plus bonus covers for another 4*. So in The Hulk top placement could get you Wiccan as the featured character for the next event and the bonus character is America. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I quite like the hulk event as I find it funny to chain stun the hulk , the dark avengers are annoying but I don’t hate them as much as I used to 

7 day events are not as bad since they upped the CP rewards to compensate for it . 

The timing of it is interesting as this will take us to the end of the current season and then it’s only about a week or so before the anniversary 
  • skittledaddy
    edited September 2018
    Smart80 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Why would you sell?
    Oh sorry, didnt think of that, thats a real shame. Tough to build whole roster this late in the game.. best of luck
    I'm getting closer to completing it. Currently at 147 characters.
    Ignoring 1*s and "Limited Release" characters I only need:
    two more 3*s,
    nine more 4*s (I just got Dazzler last night and had a slot waiting for her),
    and only one more 5* (somehow I've never gotten a Gambit!).

I've had a really good push lately adding slots, but not everyone can make the cut. All of those who are currently un-rostered are the ones I consider the worst of each tier. Emma was looking just THAT BAD that she had to go.

Often I carry a "floater" slot for temporary use with 3*/4* essentials or Burritos, so I don't miss out on too much. Often it just comes down to timing. I make it work, it's just a bummer that the first 7-day PvE in a long time rewards covers I don't covet. I realize, however, that others are likely ecstatic to cover her better.

Oh well... we just keep matching away, one Dark Avenger at a time...