MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2018 Edition *Updated (9/25/18)

Comments

• zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    For new releases, the tokens can only be redeemed in the Comic Store. Next time hod runs again without new releases, you will see your stockpiled tokens again.
      Ah!  I understand.  Thanks for the info, much appreciated.  :)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Hmmm.  I’m realizing that the Dazzler PVP starts Sunday, but no one will get any of her covers from PVE until Monday. And Alliance covers very early Tuesday (EDT).

And lots of people run loaners in new character PVP, but some like to try to build their own up as high as possible for the event, hoping for an advantage.

I suppose this is why most new release PVEs are 3 days.  Too bad they don’t ever change the PVP schedule at all.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Hmmm.  I’m realizing that the Dazzler PVP starts Sunday, but no one will get any of her covers from PVE until Monday. And Alliance covers very early Tuesday (EDT).

And lots of people run loaners in new character PVP, but some like to try to build their own up as high as possible for the event, hoping for an advantage.

I suppose this is why most new release PVEs are 3 days.  Too bad they don’t ever change the PVP schedule at all.
    There's really no point in using a brand new 4* in its debut pvp. You're going to have to be defending it all the time because it's not going to be much stronger than the loaner anyway. So you would just end up using more health packs especially considering that Dazzler is low health and has no health regeneration ability. Save your sanity, and health packs, and just use the loaner.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been an absolutely obnoxious week for me and boosted 4* characters. Hulkbuster in HOD at least but really nobody in PvP.  Horrible slog.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(9/10/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    WOAH a 7 day event - when was the last time one of them was run?!?  

With Okoye boosted, yey, a week of painless CL9 clears here we come!
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I had to read it twice.  A 7 day event!!!!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    And omg, we got normal selection back!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Praises be to the return of 7-day events! Let's go one a month and run them all before the end of the year! 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oooh 2-4 covers incoming for my Emma plus my 13th Wiccan is on the horizon.
    OJSP said:
    shardwick said:
    There's really no point in using a brand new 4* in its debut pvp. You're going to have to be defending it all the time because it's not going to be much stronger than the loaner anyway.
    The problem with using loaners for 5* players is Thanos.  It might not be much of a difference, but 5 matches to down the loaner and trigger Court Death vs 10 matches to down a partially levelled featured 4* could speed up shield hops and make matches long enough to slow down the hits.
    Ahh ok yeah that makes sense for 5* players.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let’s see, 7-day. 4/4/5 schedule should mean a 5* release, which should mean a boss. Then 2 events with old 5s followed by Loki, then Wasp for 4* release (I think), then the new 5 enters packs. Cross fingers for Okoye getting a last essential as she leaves Latest, but running through Hulk with a 455 boosted to 560 sounds like a sweet week. Bring on the boosted crits Ms. Chavez!
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

They FINALLY give us a 7 Day event again......... and it's the very worst one.

That's what we get for asking, I guess.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is it the worst?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Why is it the worst?
    Basically wall-to-wall Dark Avengers, if I remember correctly. There may be some goons sprinkled in throughout, but I think just about every node has at least one DA.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Why is it the worst?
    Basically wall-to-wall Dark Avengers, if I remember correctly. 
    Yep, 7 days of Dark Avengers.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Why is it the worst?
    It's full of the same old Dark Avengers, 3* Hulk, and Juggernaut. That means their health is scaled super high compared to other boosted enemies in events. It takes so much time to kill each enemy and it gets super annoying. Also there are no extra tokens given in the missions themselves for the event vault or store. Unlike the most awesome 7-Day event "Enemy Of The State", which gives you 2 to 3 event tokens every day. Every 7-Day event is good except the Hulk one, but I don't mind doing it since it shows that the Devs are going back to the usual format and giving us those types of events again. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the explanation everyone. 7 days of Dark Avengers do sound terrible. I believe Enemy of the State has wave nodes? Or are they keeping the best 7 days PvE for Anniversary?  B)
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Okoye powered up nice!!