5* Wasp Node Giving Lesser Points?

KCZ79
KCZ79 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
edited September 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
My Wasp missions are giving me 70 points.... why?  The 4* Dazzler is 340 I think.  

//Edited Title For Clarity -Brigby

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    you must be in scl7.  the 5*e node is super devalued.  its so people can still play a higher scl with just 1 or 2 5e covers and still be score compettive
  • KCZ79
    KCZ79 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    This is new?  Been playing for awhile and the 5* required character missions have been the highest yielding 100% of the time.  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    As long as I can remember, the 5* node in SCL 7 was always low point values. SCL 8 is a different story.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    As long as I can remember, the 5* node in SCL 7 was always low point values. SCL 8 is a different story.
    They weren't lower originally, but it has been like this for a while.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    As a SCL7 regular I can assure you this is 100% normal. Been like that for as long as I can remember.
     It does get slightly better in subsequent subs, but not much. 
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    You're almost getting as many points as me in scl9.  My 5 cover wasp is just a useless boat anchor.  Absolutely adding nothing to the fight.  Anyone with a stronger wasp finding her at all useful?  I'm basically fighting 3 ~80k enemies with two live bodies.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Lopan15 said:
    You're almost getting as many points as me in scl9.  My 5 cover wasp is just a useless boat anchor.  Absolutely adding nothing to the fight.  Anyone with a stronger wasp finding her at all useful?  I'm basically fighting 3 ~80k enemies with two live bodies.
    I am at the same level Wasp. Luckily for me I am using Okoye, so Wasp’s blue managed to do good damage.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Originally the 5E node had the same Points in all SCLs... So people started slumming in SCL 7 to get lots of Points fast and get good Alliance rewards. That's why it changed so the Points in SCL 7 are lower.

The good news is the 5E node Points aren't included when final progression level is calculated.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Lopan15 said:
    I had four brutal defeats by the Ghost Rider, Shuri and Black Panther team just trying to get my second clear with a team of Wasp, Yondu and Vulture. Switched it up with Agent Venom and Yondu the next morning, basically ignoring flighty Wasp aside from her sopping up damage on the map and focusing on Agent Venom dealing the most damage. I dared not try anymore. The rest of my roster is solid enough I feel comfortable in SCL 9 for other clears, but the 5 star nodes here have been killing me and showing how underpowered Wasp is as a 5-star. Granted, mine only has 2 covers, but I don't see her improving to playable with more covers the way Okoye, Jessica Jones or Beard Cap seem to allow themselves to do.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Renamed thread title for additional clarity of topic