Divine Champions 19-21.03

Comments

• bahukma wrote:
    Maaaan, Doom covers?
    I want Doom, but not this much.

They chose some pretty atrocious rewards for this one but at least they're switching the rewards up, right?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they ever add a 3rd ability to Doom, he's poised to be one of the best 3* characters, so I'd get them while they're easy to get icon_e_biggrin.gif Who knows, you might be regretting this in a year when they actually add 3rd skills to characters!
  • If they ever add a 3rd ability to Doom, he's poised to be one of the best 3* characters, so I'd get them while they're easy to get icon_e_biggrin.gif Who knows, you might be regretting this in a year when they actually add 3rd skills to characters!

I c wat u did there.
  • I am actually happy with the rewards. If they gave another top hero I would have to try hard to get the covers. My Doom is only 1/1 and since they give IW means I am happy with top 10-25. Definitely unshielded in this since I am trying to save some HP.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    If they ever add a 3rd ability to Doom, he's poised to be one of the best 3* characters, so I'd get them while they're easy to get icon_e_biggrin.gif Who knows, you might be regretting this in a year when they actually add 3rd skills to characters!

I'm sorry, but as of right now, Doom is a dud.
  • Thanos wrote:
    I'm sorry, but as of right now, Doom is a dud.

As we get more characters to round out team compositions, any lacking in a solid blue and black skill will excel greatly with the addition of Doom.

Issue is right now, almost every character that has a blue or black skill are ones that you'll want to practically spam. Spiderman, Black Panther, Psylocke, and Magneto. If they give Doom a third power, it would add to both his level cap and to his flexibility, as blue/black/purple is a unique skill combination among 3*'s at the moment (would go nicely with Thor).
  • Nice ! Black doom for top 50, last one I need and don't even need to try hard! (especially since I only have Ares maxed for this tourney... eck)
  • Lazy Thor for the tourney, lazy thread poster for the thread.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    I am greatful to have a tourney I do not care about. The only thing I would slog through this tourney is for BP, Psylocke or Fat Thor covers
  • jozier wrote:
    Lazy Thor for the tourney, lazy thread poster for the thread.
    Lazy reply to keep the lazy thread lazy.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've historically hated this tournament: C. Storm / Ares / Thor teams have always dominated this tournament, which was incredibly annoying since I didn't have a fully leveled C. Storm or Ares. I'm just glad that I don't need any of the rewards from here.
  • I've historically hated this tournament: C. Storm / Ares / Thor teams have always dominated this tournament, which was incredibly annoying since I didn't have a fully leveled C. Storm or Ares. I'm just glad that I don't need any of the rewards from here.

Not it's going to be with a 141 buffed thors. woohoo.
  • klingsor wrote:
    jozier wrote:

This thread doesn't even have a single shred of reward information.

Just be glad it's not alliance based icon_e_wink.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Hahah, otherwise Shield would seduce my most active forum posters into posting for you? Psyko, stay away from this thread!
  • jozier wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    jozier wrote:

I was offline. Edited it a couple of hrs ago.
  • I've already maxed my Doom, so I'm just gonna dip in for the 50Hp at 500 and then go on my merry way.

Doom is a useful character though. I eventually plan on pairing him with Patch and BP. Gather 9 green for Patch's berserker rage and 9 blue for Doom's technopathic strike --> 12 black for BP's rage of the panther equals about 4500 damage to each enemy. After that, it's just a matter of mopping up the leftovers, which shouldn't take long with Patch's strike tiles. Doom has a decent amount of health (5900), covers blue, black and purple, and let's not forget he gets boosted to 10k health in LRs. That's nothing to pass gas at. I hope they'll add his purple skill soon, but I think it will take quite a while.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    the expensive cover pack for this tournament looks really weird.

look at modern Thor. something don't look right.
  • Really a pretty dead event, likely cos of the awards. Top 4 now and i barely cracked 300.
  • I don't even want to play this, probably going to get the 150hp and move on. Need 3 Doom blue's but whatever. Guess we will see how soft my bracket is, not going to fight for it but if there's an easy Doom blue ill take it.

Least favorite tourney. At least I will have a second "Divine Champion" above 40 this time in lazy thor. Steps on Ares colors though, may just uses Ares, Hood and OBW again, need more excuses to run the Hood. 1/2 covered lazy Thor isn't that appealing.
  • Most probably just go for a few fights. Some ISO is way better than no ISO icon_mrgreen.gif