It's Us, Deadpool Offer

randomhero1090
randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
@Brigby

This offer has been posted on several line groups I belong to.  I didn't see it pop up for me.  A couple people stated that if you have the Chimmi support, you won't see it.  That doesn't seem to make sense to me at all.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, got the 3 star option instead...
  • randomhero1090
    smkspy said:
    Yup, got the 3 star option instead...
    Some people appear to have got both offers. The DP covers finish him off for me, HP is always nice, so is the ISO. I mean, I don't have a 3* chimmi either. So I should get the upgrade and then the red ISO. Makes NO sense that I wouldn't get this offer like many other have.
  • smkspy
    edited September 2018
    A/B/C testing once again it appears.
  • randomhero1090
    smkspy said:
    A/B/C testing once again it appears.
    If the offers were like level characters, that's one thing. But you have 4s in one offer, and no 4s in the other. I don't think that's right at all. @Brigby, just curious as to what is going on here. I'd like the DP offer. Don't think I am asking much :smiley:
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are the offers?  I don’t appear to have any special offers. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    What are the offers?  I don’t appear to have any special offers. 
    You have to update the game to get them.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I also only see the 3* offer called "Rare Avengers Pack". 
  • LeRoy1979
    LeRoy1979 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    This isn't anything new. I doubt that anyone actually got both offers. I'm open to being wrong but would just seek some confirmation instead of the usual "some people" or a "guy on LINE" stuff. I got the Avengers offer too; sure, I'd love to have the DP one instead. My 4Pool is nearly complete so the champ rewards are at that super sweet stage, but I'll live. Different price point by the way between the two offers, further confirming this point. Hopefully, the exercise will help them adjust their expectations about what supports are actually worth (downward!!! way downward!!!).
  • randomhero1090
    LeRoy1979 said:
    This isn't anything new. I doubt that anyone actually got both offers. I'm open to being wrong but would just seek some confirmation instead of the usual "some people" or a "guy on LINE" stuff. I got the Avengers offer too; sure, I'd love to have the DP one instead. My 4Pool is nearly complete so the champ rewards are at that super sweet stage, but I'll live. Different price point by the way between the two offers, further confirming this point. Hopefully, the exercise will help them adjust their expectations about what supports are actually worth (downward!!! way downward!!!).
    This is exactly why I posted this asking for confirmation.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wether you have the chimichanga support doesnt seem to matter, I have it and still got the Deadpool offer.
  • LeRoy1979
    LeRoy1979 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, I bet the chimi thing is searching for some false causality. Probably would be a pain to code that correctly. More likely just a random A/B offer.
  • smkspy
    1. Honestly don't care which offer was given to me ( got the avengers feiw), just would like the devs to at the very least say "hey, we're testing bundle offers again and some may get one and some may get the other." Don't really think that is too much to ask.

2. I don't like that one offer has the bonus of a 3* support and the other is just well, a bunch of 3* stars. Being the complaints of supports are so numerous, offer some a specific support and other none is not cool. Considering the Avengers lacked one of the rarest items in the game, a LT should have at the very least been offered to off set the DP deal.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the "Rare Avengers" offer. I already have a max champed Steve and I wouldn't really say that 3*Widow and Hawkguy are particularly hard to come by.

Very strange offer for players who have been playing a few years, the Deadpool one sounds more intriguing.
  • randomhero1090
    DAZ0273 said:
    I got the "Rare Avengers" offer. I already have a max champed Steve and I wouldn't really say that 3*Widow and Hawkguy are particularly hard to come by.

Very strange offer for players who have been playing a few years, the Deadpool one sounds more intriguing.
    How about just have both offers out there for all.  Let the sale happen.  Run you analytics later.  Can't be that hard to pull stats on the players who buy the bundle, prior buy history, crash it all together and look for trends.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    The release notes had the following quote added: 
    • Starting with R161, players who purchased the Starter offer will start to see other offers become available to them.
    The wording of that makes me think that players may see all the offers eventually... i.e. if you see Avengers now, you might see the Deadpool one later. Just a guess, I could be totally wrong.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said: by

How about just have both offers out there for all.  Let the sale happen.  Run you analytics later.  Can't be that hard to pull stats on the players who buy the bundle, prior buy history, crash it all together and look for trends.
    Agreed but then I really don't understand the metrics of A B testing.
  • randomhero1090
    DAZ0273 said:

You segment the base. Split those segments into 2 groups. Give each group a different offer. See how they sell. For example, a segment would be say players with the game less then 30 days who've bought the starter offer.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

You segment the base. Split those segments into 2 groups. Give each group a different offer. See how they sell. For example, a segment would be say players with the game less then 30 days who've bought the starter offer.
    And I'm sure a nice 3 star boost pack like this would do wonders for them and others in the 3* tier.
  • randomhero1090
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

And I'm sure a nice 3 star boost pack like this would do wonders for them and others in the 3* tier.
    Look, if I had a champed XFDP i'd probably complain less :smile:

I don't like testing like this for a couple of reasons, but mostly because it limits sales and potential upsets customers.  Whether its consumer or b2b.  People talk.  Social media exists.  

In this case, you have a customer (me) who wants to give a company money (d3) and that's not allowed to happen.  That's not what I would call a BDP (best demonstrated practice).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Look, if I had a champed XFDP i'd probably complain less :smile:

I don't like testing like this for a couple of reasons, but mostly because it limits sales and potential upsets customers.  Whether its consumer or b2b.  People talk.  Social media exists.  

In this case, you have a customer (me) who wants to give a company money (d3) and that's not allowed to happen.  That's not what I would call a BDP (best demonstrated practice).
    Agreed again, the whole thing makes no sense. Oh well, not much we can do (apart from buy nothing).