OH GOD NO, I'VE ERRED

NotBAMF
NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Typically an SCL7 PVE player and an SCL9 PVP. I must have been paying half attention when choosing this week, and now I'm in SCL9 Hearts of Darkness. Haha, this is AWFUL; the 5* node is just goons, and they keep whomping me. I can't even imagine what the Black Bolt/Medusa/Lockjaw and final wave node on the last day will be like (probably utterly impossible). 

It's a new character release, but I'll probably struggle just to get max progress and bail. Sorry, Alliance!

I'm sure others have done this before, so how have you managed if/when you screwed up and chose a wrong SCL?

Comments

• frederec
    frederec Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Beg your alliance for whales and hope you have enough Deadpool points to get you through.  Alternately, one star Black Widow stings is a popular team up to even the odds.  Good luck on the last day.  I've got nine champed five stars, and it still makes me nervous.
  • NotBAMF
    Oh, whales. Good call. I am at about 555k or so whale points, so that should be good enough to assist
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Typically an SCL7 PVE player and an SCL9 PVP. I must have been paying half attention when choosing this week, and now I'm in SCL9 Hearts of Darkness. Haha, this is AWFUL; the 5* node is just goons, and they keep whomping me. I can't even imagine what the Black Bolt/Medusa/Lockjaw and final wave node on the last day will be like (probably utterly impossible). 

It's a new character release, but I'll probably struggle just to get max progress and bail. Sorry, Alliance!

I'm sure others have done this before, so how have you managed if/when you screwed up and chose a wrong SCL?
    I did the exact same thing once before.  If you have a decently-covered 5* Hawkeye and a champed Coulson, they can handle the 5* required node for goons amazingly well.  As for the Royal Family...well...doing full clears on the first two node's 5*required  in SCL9 will probably put you ahead on points than doing all three at SCL7 (four clears in SCL9 generally nets full progression, while the same in SCL7 doesn't put you there), so your alliance shouldn't suffer, even if you can't complete any clears on the final day for that node.

...and if all else fails, what else were you saving those Deadpool Whales points for?
  • NotBAMF
    My 5* Hawkeye is lv270, 1/2/3. Is that useful?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, mine is 1/5/2 Lv315 and you should only really be behind in damage in the blue arrows
    from what I have.

if you’re finding that the AP generation isn’t keeping up, use 4* Star Lord instead of Coulson.  He makes Hawkeye’s blue only 3AP which also adds countdowns to power up SL’s red, which only costs 6AP with the yellow out. Before you know it, Hawkeye will be out of arrows and dishing out a lot of damage for only 3 blue.  Literally the only catch is strategic use of Bola Arrow’s stun and what SL’s purple overwrites.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Another combo that can come in really handy is Vulture and Gamora.  Bring in some +2 blue and black, target those two colors and then do your best to keep Vulture airborne and stun the tinykitty out of everyone. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Bro no amount of Whales is going to help you fully complete the Wave Node in the last day of the event. That node is hard enough in SCL 7 let alone in SCL 9. Good luck. Same thing happened to me a while ago and I also got slaughtered in the 5* Essential node and had to use boosts to beat some of the nodes. It happens.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah that wave node is no joke. I forget, do enemy AP amounts reset between waves now? If so, it used to be a lot harder. By the time that final wave hit... yikes. Gives me nightmares from the days of roster-based scaling. 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    Putting cloak and dagger and vulture together, if you have them is a good way to deal with the goons.

C&D should insure you get enough black to keep vulture airborne, and vulture'blue will get rid of the enemy countdown tiles.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    hehe  Royal Family isn't a wave node.  Just 150k of health and powers that have boardshake, healing, and passive autofire.

The last wave node is brutal though.  3 waves of 3 tilemovers.  and the 2nd and 3rd wave will have plenty of AP for their abilities.

The only advice on that wave is you gotta stockpile AP so you can fire something at teh start of wave 3.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Yeah that wave node is no joke. I forget, do enemy AP amounts reset between waves now? If so, it used to be a lot harder. By the time that final wave hit... yikes. Gives me nightmares from the days of roster-based scaling. 
    The Sinister Six event resets, regular wave nodes do not. So on that HoD wave node, you finish the 1st wave then Loki steals all your strike tiles.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I did that once.  I am just beginning to get into 4* so I got beat up really good.  

Here is deliama, with Simulator next.  I usually have doing well in SCL 7 but usually get killed on SCL 6 sumualtor.  Do I go for it just to get the new 4*?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    cgrubb80 said:
    I did that once.  I am just beginning to get into 4* so I got beat up really good.  

Here is deliama, with Simulator next.  I usually have doing well in SCL 7 but usually get killed on SCL 6 sumualtor.  Do I go for it just to get the new 4*?
    sorta depends on what you mean by getting killed in scl 6

In either case.  dazzler's gonna be in the progression.  so it should be pretty achievable.

The main difference between scl6 and scl7 is the 5e nodes.  Your probably seeing this effect.

even with a avg roster for the scl. placements will largely depend on how well you play the 5e.  So you will definitely see weaker rosters do well, for simple fact that they can play the 5e for points.

But in scl6  no 5e.  So every roster be it God Whale, or day 1 scrub who doesn't have the 5*E for WHATEVER reason, will look to scl6 by default.

So there are lots of situations where scl6 will have better rosters than scl7
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Oh my goodness I totally forgot about the last day of this event and auto-selected SCL 8. My roster has no champed 5*'s at all, no champed boosted 4*'s, and enough covers and ISO to champ only one of the following boosted 4*'s: Nova, Spider-Woman, or Yondu. Are any of them going to help enough to make it worth setting my ISO bank account back to 0?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's too bad that the game doesn't have an "I screwed up" option that lets you restart the event at another clearance level, with your current progress, but locks you out of placement rewards since someone could just do extra clears on the 5* node then drop and gain a competitive advantage. 

@cgrubb80 If you play a lot of pvp then you can get Dazzler in her pvp event plus she'll probably be the progression reward in Shield Sim next season. She looks really solid so since you're getting into the 4* game she would be a great 4* to really focus on and get covered as soon as possible. 
  • NotBAMF
    edited September 2018
    Putting cloak and dagger and vulture together, if you have them is a good way to deal with the goons.

C&D should insure you get enough black to keep vulture airborne, and vulture'blue will get rid of the enemy countdown tiles.

Someone above you mentioned Vulture with someone else, and it made me remember "Oh right, Vulture is my Get Out Of Trouble Free card!". I ran C&D and Vulture against the 5* goon node to finish my first four clears and never took a point of damage. It MIGHT not be helpful against the Royal Family or the last wave node on the final day, but it's good to remember I have him as an option.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, did the same on Strange Sights when it was double iso.  Of course SCL 9 did not double the alliance iso, so I think I somehow got less iso then SCL 7 :/ 

I just remember getting through the 3 easy nodes wondering why it took a few more hits than usual.  Then getting up to the essentials and then getting thumped by attack tiles and doing no damage to them from their shield tiles.  Not fun at all...
  • Waddles_Pines
    helix72 said:
    Oh my goodness I totally forgot about the last day of this event and auto-selected SCL 8. My roster has no champed 5*'s at all, no champed boosted 4*'s, and enough covers and ISO to champ only one of the following boosted 4*'s: Nova, Spider-Woman, or Yondu. Are any of them going to help enough to make it worth setting my ISO bank account back to 0?
    Do you have any of the other 4* boosted for the event? 

Youdu's blue will kill one enemy and whittle down the others, but you have to make sure he doesn't tank too much otherwise you lose out on the secondary damage.  His yellow when boosted can get him back to almost full health.  

Nova is great if you have a red generator since he can airborne the other team to let you accumulate ap and catch your breath.  All his powers do good damage, though I'd run him 5/5/3, since you want to keep his strike tiles on board.  

Spider-Woman is only good if you want to use her as a tank.  Her black at 5 covers will negate most damage.  Other than that, her powers are too expensive (red) or temperamental (trap tile damage) 
  • Waddles_Pines
    NotBAMF said:

Someone above you mentioned Vulture with someone else, and it made me remember "Oh right, Vulture is my Get Out Of Trouble Free card!". I ran C&D and Vulture against the 5* goon node to finish my first four clears and never took a point of damage. It MIGHT not be helpful against the Royal Family or the last wave node on the final day, but it's good to remember I have him as an option.
    If you want more direct damage, Agent Venom is boosted and packs a wallop for 5AP.  Since Clagger is generating black, you should have no problems fire AV black over and over.  
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Royal Family is the only post-roster scaling PvE node I’ve wiped on multiple times. It’s almost funny, although with champed Okoye it is considerably less dangerous