IT'S HAPPENING - Dazzler (Classic)! (9/4/18)

123457»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bbigler said:
    shardwick said:
    You bring Medusa along and you can keep Dazzler alive with burst healing. It's not like you have to have Dazzler take the first hit of damage in every match. If Dazzler is low on health then have Medusa get enough burst health from matching friendly tiles until Dazzler can safely take a hit again.
    The problem with using her passive stun is more about getting it to trigger frequently than healing her from it.  If the passive stun is triggered by enemy attack tiles, then she will clear them out.  If you're using a Level 270 Carnage, then it will take 11 enemy attack tiles to trigger her passive.  That's at least 4 turns of waiting and then she clears most of them out.  If you focus on matching friendly attack tiles, then Dazzler will clear fewer enemy tiles and stun less, but you still need to wait a few turns for the attack tiles to build up. 

Now, if you played this team against 5*s with match damage above 780, then this would work if she tanks (Black matches).  Carnage provides specials and Medusa provides healing, but you still have the basic problem of her only tanking on Black matches.  If she's boosted, then her damage threshold for the stun is also boosted, which is beyond 5* match damage. 

I would definitely use her against Grocket/Gamora/Medusa PVP teams by bringing along my own Grocket and Gamora.  In general, her stun is just a backup plan, not a real strategy. 
    Just wanted to clarify on the bolded sentence. Her passive triggers if your team has at least 2 friendly Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles and the damage threshold is reached. It does not matter if the enemy team has Strike, Attack, Protect, or Countdown tiles.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Brigby said:
    Just wanted to clarify on the bolded sentence. Her passive triggers if your team has at least 2 friendly Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles and the damage threshold is reached. It does not matter if the enemy team has Strike, Attack, Protect, or Countdown tiles.
    Sure. The point, though, is that once you've cleared out all of Carnage's Attack tiles, you won't take enough damage to break the threshold next turn (automatically, at least).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby said:
    Sure. The point, though, is that once you've cleared out all of Carnage's Attack tiles, you won't take enough damage to break the threshold next turn (automatically, at least).
    True! I guess in that case it's a trade off between "Dazzler's getting hit in the face with a bunch of damage, but stunning the enemy for a bunch of turns and removing a bunch of their special tiles" vs "That damage tickles, but I guess no stun nor tile removal this time."
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Asmodaeus said:
    Brigby said:
    Asmodaeus said:
    Since you devs are in the mood to grant requests, can I have a pony and a toilet made of solid gold?

Wow! Touché, Brigs...Touché 
    GUYS GUYS GUYS - 5* PINKIE PIE INCOMING!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Havent seen it mentioned yet, but her match speed is fast like Doctor Doom and Storm. Its a nice bonus.
    Her matches are also extra-sparkly!
  • Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Just a dancing copy of Nebula? I mean the red(strike-tiles vs attack-tiles) and green (higher startdmg vs higher maxdmg) are the same Powers with slight variations in cost and dmg. The real difference ist just the black and blue.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Razuhlui said:
    Just a dancing copy of Nebula? I mean the red(strike-tiles vs attack-tiles) and green (higher startdmg vs higher maxdmg) are the same Powers with slight variations in cost and dmg. The real difference ist just the black and blue.
    Also see: Every character who accelerates themselves into a team damage power.
  • Agent262
    Agent262 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Does anyone know how her green AOE interact with Okoye's passive?

I had 5 strike tiles out, which would being her damage alone to 365 + (38*5) or 555.
    Okoye had 8 teamup for a total of (409 * 8) or 3272.
    So my math says either 555+3272, or 555+3272+3272 adding Okoye's bonus once for Dazzler\s base and once for Dazzler's bonus per tile = 7099.
    OR: adding Okoye's bonus for each strike tile it gets to a crazy (and what I hoped for) 20.187.

It hit for 4745.  o.0

• Jaedenkaal
    Agent262 said:
    Does anyone know how her green AOE interact with Okoye's passive?

I had 5 strike tiles out, which would being her damage alone to 365 + (38*5) or 555.
    Okoye had 8 teamup for a total of (409 * 8) or 3272.
    So my math says either 555+3272, or 555+3272+3272 adding Okoye's bonus once for Dazzler\s base and once for Dazzler's bonus per tile = 7099.
    OR: adding Okoye's bonus for each strike tile it gets to a crazy (and what I hoped for) 20.187.

It hit for 4745.  o.0

You're missing the Strike strength in that math. You still get that (once, in theory)
  • Agent262
    Agent262 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    The strike tiles were 146 for 730 damage, so scenario 1 555+3272+730 = 4745ish.  So it only adds Okoye's damage once, not once for the base and once for the number of strike tile bonus.  That's kinda lame!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Agent262 said:
    The strike tiles were 146 for 730 damage, so scenario 1 555+3272+730 = 4745ish.  So it only adds Okoye's damage once, not once for the base and once for the number of strike tile bonus.  That's kinda lame!
    You mean, lame as in, they got it right?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agent262 said:
    Trust me, when you're the one getting hit by it, you'll think it's awesome, not lame.