So when the 6* tier happens and we get a new Wolverine...

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Can it be this, please?

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    The reason I am not in the game yet is because I'm being reserved for the first 6-star slot. (Obviously.) Wolverine will have to wait.
    Well, both of your heads are on fire.  It's a start...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, a "reverse boss", partly mixed with a Join Forces node.

You pick the node, you get a "loaner" character like you would in 3*/4* PVP, but instead of a weak 3*/4*, it's a fully powered 6* character.

Then you run a boss event where the loaner character and the enemy are balanced in such a way that you need your own characters to run as support. Like, the enemy has tiles like Apocalypse's Horsemen, or a special consideration like Kaecilius with strike tiles, and the 6* has no way to deal with it directly, so the team you take along has to drop the "shield" so the 6* can go for the kill shot. Or maybe the 6* is a phenomenal support character that lets your team fight someone they shouldn't be able to touch.

It's almost more of a new event instead of an introduction of 6* characters, but there's no reason it couldn't be both (Galactus is a 5*, technically, if memory serves correct). There are lots of little things to consider. Do you allow people to roster and advance the 6* so they can actually collect them and make them stronger even if they're only usable in these one-off events? maybe this mega-boss event is a month long, and refreshes once a day, so each day you get a single boss hit, instead of getting 5 or so every 8 hours like a traditional boss? that would keep the character limited without making it something that comes up once every few months like a traditional boss. You'd have to figure out how to balance their distribution so newer players can play the event and so higher end players can advance the 6 to enjoy the event, without RNG skewing things too far one way or another.

It's definitely a step in the right direction. The base game setup isn't great for adding in 6's, so you fix that by not adding them like a traditional character in the first place.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    I really don't want 6's, for a handful of reasons, but I'd be more down for their inclusion if they were exclusively just the crazy nuts one-off things like this. Like the Red Hulk Venom Ghost Rider. Or Captain Universe Spider-Man. Uatu, or the Beyonder, maybe Adam Warlock from the end of Infinity Gauntlet (as in, WITH the Gauntlet). Just go nuts.

Oh, and you totally should have included this image, because the Phoenix saying "Bub" is awesome.

Only reason I didn't was because the image I posted showed up on Twitter and it put the idea in my head. Had to run with it.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought Supports were the 6* tier.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Watch the very first 6* be Daken. So powerful and annoying that even if you have animations turned off you're still forced to watch his.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Either that, or Wolvie. Actually, just make the whole 6* tier consist of The Adorable X-Babies and Baby Avengers and such.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    We need a 6* Weapon H

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    (Disclaimer: This is not an official announcement. I simply enjoy coming up with ideas on occasion, and this is one of my personal ones I'd like to share)

What if 6-Star characters did exist, but they were only playable in a special event? These 6-Star characters would also be, as @JHawkInc put it, "the crazy nuts one-off things" like a Phoenix-Possessed Wolverine, Beyonder, or Franklin Richards. They'd also be set to some crazy level like....level 750!
    This would be a great thing to do as another Game mode.  We already have a few Bosses that could be used too.  Anything that could give us something else to try to fight against.  
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    We already have a 6* tier in the game. 
    What? You haven't heard of it?  Don't you know about those special tokens that can't be bought with CP or HP and you only get in vaults if you're lucky?  Plus, you can only level up your 6* with a special kind of ISO.  These 6* characters are so useful that they can support your existing characters with increased match damage and other free powers.  They're amazing, right?  In fact, they're so good that they were banned from PVP. 
    But don't worry if you don't have them, they were made just for the whales.  Common folk can't afford them. 

Yeaaaah, on the bright side, they're not all that great when you do get them, so I wouldn't worry about it for that reason.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    We already have a 6* tier in the game. 
    What? You haven't heard of it?  Don't you know about those special tokens that can't be bought with CP or HP and you only get in vaults if you're lucky?  Plus, you can only level up your 6* with a special kind of ISO.  These 6* characters are so useful that they can support your existing characters with increased match damage and other free powers.  They're amazing, right?  In fact, they're so good that they were banned from PVP. 
    But don't worry if you don't have them, they were made just for the whales.  Common folk can't afford them. 
    I would sooo love to hear a proper official stance on this. To confirm or deny...
    (*whispers* Totally confirm! :P )
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    My big worry about the 6* tier is what they will call it. In my mind, they have already got the names of the 4*(Legendary) and 5*(Epic) tiers back to front...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    My big worry about the 6* tier is what they will call it. In my mind, they have already got the names of the 4*(Legendary) and 5*(Epic) tiers back to front...
    How about some other synonyms?

AWESOME
    ETERNAL
    STUPENDOUS

Anyone else?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    astonishing      extravagant      incredible       phenomenal       stupendous
    astounding       fantastic           marvelous     remarkable         super
    awesome          fabulous          outrageous      spectacular        wonderful.....

I personally like Phenomenal, but Marvelous would be funny :)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    (Disclaimer: This is not an official announcement. I simply enjoy coming up with ideas on occasion, and this is one of my personal ones I'd like to share)

What if 6-Star characters did exist, but they were only playable in a special event? These 6-Star characters would also be, as @JHawkInc put it, "the crazy nuts one-off things" like a Phoenix-Possessed Wolverine, Beyonder, or Franklin Richards. They'd also be set to some crazy level like....level 750!
    I'm not a kiss-, and I'm not sure where it would get me even if I were, but this is a really fun idea. I'd love that. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I'm of the opposite mind. Rather than have these kitschy mash ups that are one offs and often derivative, I'd prefer if the 6* ranks be older or original looks that don't always make it into other media. I want whiskers Wolverine, triangle shield Cap, classic red and gold Iron Man, Kirby Thor, Kirby Black Panther, OG Carol Danvers Ms Marvel, etc. It would be a nice break from most characters we get which tend to either be media tie-in versions or current comic versions.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Name for tier 6....Cosmic!

We hear about "Power Cosmic" and "Cosmic Awareness" and so on.  Seems like you would have to go "cosmic" to beat out "epic".