4* DDQ: Coulson vs Strange

Death by Destroyer Gun! I was one turn away from winning whe strange finishes me off, but the destroyer gun support kicks in, kills Strange and I get the victory!

Token was a champ level for medusa

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coulson is up near the top of my roster, and was able to beat this Crash last time it came around, so this was pretty easy. 5trange's yellow Passive isn't much of a threat to a champed Coulson, so I just denied AP as best I could, and hit him with my purple until he fell over.

I don't know what the token was. I ended up getting half a dozen of them this morning from various sources, and I don't really remember what any of them were.
    Death by Destroyer Gun! I was one turn away from winning whe strange finishes me off, but the destroyer gun support kicks in, kills Strange and I get the victory!

I love those. I've beaten fights against Juggy and Ares a couple of times through mutual wipeout.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Collected blue, purple and yellow. Cast them in the right order, swallowed the three yellows from strange and watched him die soon after  B)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    What is the right order? My lvl 152 4/1/2 Coulson is getting owned. I can see firing yellow for the cd tiles, then blue to get the AP steal for each cd tile, then purple to get a match to set off the cd tiles, but by the time I have enough AP to fire all 3, three hits from strange’s passive wipes me out. Not to mention no matter how much I try to deny AP, he gets mystical cascades setting up matches for his primary colors. One hit from yellow or blue and I’m toast, and purple does away with the strike tile I get from my yellow.

Really struggling on this one.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I did purple and then yellow. Strange didn’t have anything worth taking so there was no point in doing blue. Mine was level 283. You might need to raise him up a bit.
  • helix72
    I’m capped out given the number of covers I have. I even bought the h4h offer to get an extra cover. It increased my level cap from 147 to 152 :(
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    What is the right order? My lvl 152 4/1/2 Coulson is getting owned. I can see firing yellow for the cd tiles, then blue to get the AP steal for each cd tile, then purple to get a match to set off the cd tiles, but by the time I have enough AP to fire all 3, three hits from strange’s passive wipes me out. Not to mention no matter how much I try to deny AP, he gets mystical cascades setting up matches for his primary colors. One hit from yellow or blue and I’m toast, and purple does away with the strike tile I get from my yellow.

Really struggling on this one.
    This is a tough one for an under-covered Coulson, no two ways about it. Particularly with only one purple cover. That's been the power I really leaned on both times I've beaten this Crash.
  • helix72
    After equipping the leveled up destroyer gun, boosting match damage 80%, starting with 2 AP of each color, and team-up AP damage 15%, i finally beat it with less than 500 health remaining...and pulled an X-Force Wolverine cover to add 1 more champ level which gave me 2500 ISO. Yay.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Beat him on the second try. 
    Fired my specials too early the first time. 
    I opted to use no specials, instead just (boosted) match damage to win the second time. 

4/4/3 Coulson Li'l 229

LLT was a welcomed Moon Knight green. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018

@iron-n-wine did you have animations turned on?  just curious how the destroyer gun worked?  was it just a banner?  i guess the bigger question is do any of the supports have animations?  I'm just amazed that support was able to kill an enemy :)

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

@iron-n-wine did you have animations turned on?  just curious how the destroyer gun worked?  was it just a banner?  i guess the bigger question is do any of the supports have animations?  I'm just amazed that support was able to kill an enemy :)

I do have animations on, but my recollection is that there was just a quick banner pop up, everyone died, and a I got a purple Token!