IT'S HAPPENING - Dazzler (Classic)! (9/4/18)

Comments

• Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Yes!! Now that unfunny ‘joke’ can finally DIE!!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    1) Does her black passive activate if she is damaged by friendly powers? For example Thanos, 3* Gambit etc

Her black passive could work with Carnage or 3* Wolverine.

2) What is the maximum number of strike tiles she can generate? 5 + (30-10)/3 = 5+6 = 11? Add one more if you can reduce her power by 1.

3) if you use her red followed by her green, her minimum organic damage is 1101 + 368*10 + 5*126 = 5411 team damage for just 7ap.

I doubt anyone has the patience to save 20 more red ap just to add more strike tiles.

I can't think of any teammates for her now.

Oh well, this marks the end of the Dazzler jokes.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Brigby said:
    ammenell said:
    don't care if it's dazzler or goofy, that black passive will be fun to play
    That stun stacks 4 times too! Passive 4-turn stun anyone? ;)
    Hey Brigby, could you elaborate? Are you saying that the ability will always remove the highest number of special tiles possible at each instance of a qualifying attack? So if she were to take an attack of 800 damage, it would remove: 

2 special tiles if there are 3 are on the board, stunning for 1 turn
    4 special tiles if there are 5 on the board, stunning for 2 turns
    8 special tiles if there are 10 on the board, stunning for 4 turns

Also, by "target", you mean the enemy who is in front at the time, not necessarily the enemy who may have fired the power? 
    ---------------------------------------------------
    On another note, I initially wasn't all too impressed by the damage on her green, but with it being that cheap, and there being characters who can battery green AP, she can become quite an annoyance really fast. Especially if she happens to be paired with the likes of Carnage, Daken, or Cloak & Dagger to name a few. I agree with @Anon that her green can get out of hand, but that Black will be a thorn in many people's sides come her PVP. You'll essentially need to clear the board of any kind of special tiles if  you want to drop her permanently. Sheesh. Well unless the damage still gets through of course. Was gonna ask that but saw someone else pitch it. 
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know who started the whole Dazzler thing, but I'm sad to see the end of the Dazzler jokes, anagrams, etc.  

Who's next?  
    Well, the last two clues have both had me incorrectly convinced we were getting Spectrum (Monica Rambeau) -- a 5 star / 3 star joint release of Spectrum (Monica Rambeau) / Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) would be excellent to have next. :smile:
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    1) Does her black passive activate if she is damaged by friendly powers? For example Thanos, 3* Gambit etc 

Her black passive could work with Carnage or 3* Wolverine.

2) What is the maximum number of strIke tiles she can generate? 5 + (30-10)/3 = 5+6 = 11. Add one more if you can reduce her power by 1.

3) if you use her red followed by her green, her maximum organic damage is 1101 + 368*10 + 5*126 = 5411 team damage for just 7ap.

I doubt anyone has the patience to save 20 more red ap just to add more strike tiles.

I can't think of any teammates for her now.

Oh well, this marks the end of the Dazzler jokes.
    1) No, she only procs off opponent damage.
    2) 5+18 max. 5 base, then 6x3 from 18 red AP.
    3) Correct. Her damage versus AP is higher than the somewhat equivalent ability of Nebula's Green, but she only works off friendly tiles instead of all tiles like Nebula does.
  • IceIX
    edited September 2018
    Brigby said:
    ammenell said:
    don't care if it's dazzler or goofy, that black passive will be fun to play
    That stun stacks 4 times too! Passive 4-turn stun anyone? ;)
    Hey Brigby, could you elaborate? Are you saying that the ability will always remove the highest number of special tiles possible at each instance of a qualifying attack? So if she were to take an attack of 800 damage, it would remove: 

2 special tiles if there are 3 are on the board, stunning for 1 turn
    4 special tiles if there are 5 on the board, stunning for 2 turns
    8 special tiles if there are 10 on the board, stunning for 4 turns

Also, by "target", you mean the enemy who is in front at the time, not necessarily the enemy who may have fired the power? 

Correct in both the effects and for the "target" being the one in front.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know who started the whole Dazzler thing, but I'm sad to see the end of the Dazzler jokes, anagrams, etc.  

Who's next?  
    Paste-Pot Pete FTW!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks IceIX for the clarification. I should have multiplied it by 3 instead of dividing it by 3. 

Theoretically speaking, she could generate up to 44 strike tiles with 30 red ap.  That's a lot of strike tiles: (5 + 18) + (5 + 9) + 5 
    Total strike damage= 15*126 + 27*97 = 1290+2619= 3909

Her green could deal about 8000+ AoE damage after using 30 red ap.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Literally laughed out loud at the title of the article for about half a minute. Cover overlap must be intentional due to the obvious pairing to take advantage of her passive and build the green damage. Still surprised they didn’t change the passive from black to yellow though. I figured yellow would be an obvious choice for someone who shoots light. Sort of like how Green Goblin has... oh, right.
  • IceIX
    Thanks IceIX for the clarification. I should have multiplied it by 3 instead of dividing it by 3. 

Theoretically speaking, she could generate up to 44 strike tiles with 30 red ap.  That's a lot of strike tiles: (5 + 18) + (5 + 9) + 5 

It's 3 per every 3 *additional* Red. So she'll never natively have more than 20. It's theoretically possible though through Team Ups or Colossus or something like that I suppose.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    To me, she looks overpowered. But you never know until you use her, obviously. That green looks wickedly cheap. Seems like a good match with C4rol, despite the color overlap.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course, there's nothing to say we won't soon be getting a 5* Dazzler...
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    With power descriptions like those I’ll definitely be turning animations back on for the Dazzler pvp (for a little while anyway). 
  • DarthDeVo
    IceIX said:

It's 3 per every 3 *additional* Red. So she'll never natively have more than 20. It's theoretically possible though through Team Ups or Colossus or something like that I suppose.
    Never underestimate players with obsessive tendencies and a whole lot of time on their hands. If there's a theoretical way to maximize her damage, someone will find it. :smiley:
  • DarthDeVo
    edited September 2018
    Soooooo... what will her required support be? Roller skates? Disco ball? 8-Track or vinyl albums? These are the questions the people want answers to! 
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Seems to me if Mockingbird went off on an opponent match-4 and you had 30 red ap you could get the free cast then thirty more strike tiles.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Come on people!  You've been joking about getting Dazzler for years.......years!.........so try to act a little more surprised and excited.  I certainly am.  This character was created by pure fandom alone.  A great thing is that she actually looks very good..........really, she looks awesome, just imagine this with the IM40 battery:

IM40 + Dazzler + 4*Grocket: Turn 1: Get 7 Strikes => turn 3-4: Recharge => turn 5-6: Dazzler Red for 5 - 8 more Strikes, then Dazzler Green for about 6000 Team Damage x 2 (because you've matched more green).  That's better than Red Hulk's Green!  Then Grocket can lay down his Blue CD tile and start making attack tiles to double dip all those strikes.

OR replace 4*Grocket with Prof X: he'll create 6 specials when IM40's Yellow and Dazzlers' Red are fired so you reach the 10 special tile limit.  Then Dazzler hits everyone hard (maybe twice), Prof X goes invisible and starts buffing specials, then IM40 hits with his Blue.

OR replace 4*Grocket with Peggy for greater defense: you play Peggy's blue for the double stun and 3 CD tiles before Dazzler's Green (which you fire twice), then Peggy's CD tiles hit 3 times. 

OR replace 4*Grocket with 5*Hawkeye: when IM40's CD tiles expire, you'll gain 18 Blue, 18 Red, 9 Green, so play Dazzler's Red (11 - 14 Strikes), then Hawkeye's Red (1 - 2 times), then Hawkeye's Blue (3 - 4 times), then Dazzler's Green hits for 6000+ (1 - 2 times). 

Need I say more?