New Daily Event Idea

Hilk
Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
Here is a new event idea... perhaps an add on to DDP (or a second - gwenpool themed - or perhaps taskmaster).

The idea - you set up the opponent you want to fight (card and level) and the system tells you the reward for winning.... Harder teams scale up, so any level player can play.  Rewards are only given 1 / day.... 

It may be played more, but  other times it can be used to try out different teams /scenarios without repercussions (in those matches, you don’t loose health/etc).

As a money making idea for d3, perhaps you could buy a second reward round for xxx gold?

Yes, people with make the “hardest” dysfunctional team to beat... (or a really easy team for the quick daily win).

Thoughts?   
Any other ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    I'd love some sort of more puzzly daily fight with random goals. Survive 20 rounds, destroy a particular tile, hit a character that hides behind others etc.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty good idea really.

Just remember a few things.  People want to test teams not 1v1 matches.  So really your setting 6 chars 3v3.  which is great and fills alot of needs.

I dislike the idea of paying to continue a life or retry because eventually that becomes candy crush.

but the fundamental idea of users setting test matches is great.  and the reward balancer is quite novel. and interesting for this game

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that the game needs a few things. One is a training mode that lets you test out your own teams without having to search out a decent fight in Shield Sim. So you think I wonder how this team would work out versus a Carol, Cardusa or Grocket team and you could have that opponent be a barebones 270, more on your level or as high as 370. And just rostering a character with one cover could let you test them out as a champed level 94, 166, 270 or 450 to see how you like them. This would give the game an insane amount of replay value especially during an off season when you're bored, want to try out a certain team but can't because there's no Shield Sim. Oh, health packs wouldn't be required either.

So the other thing that I really want in this game that ties more to your post is a pve season that provides a lot of content on the side like one sub daily lightning rounds of heroic events as well as puzzle type challenges, bringing back gauntlet, boss rush and a 10 round wave node. Yours could work too as more of a pick your challenge type where level 1 gives a standard token and level 10 gives a daily 4* cover for a certain character. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    marshall said:
    I'd love some sort of more puzzly daily fight with random goals. Survive 20 rounds, destroy a particular tile, hit a character that hides behind others etc.
    I'd like some sort of wave/level mode, even with a scoreboard and prizes for having the highest total daily.

You can also scale it.  5* teams, 4* teams, 3* teams, 2* teams.  You pick 1 level, fight that level.  Make the playing field a little more even.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Hilk

Are you looking for employment and is Demi hiring?  If so you should apply lol.

Great idea, I really like it.  Best / Most unique idea of seen on here in a long time.  
  • Hilk
    broll said:
    @Hilk

Are you looking for employment and is Demi hiring?  If so you should apply lol.

Great idea, I really like it.  Best / Most unique idea of seen on here in a long time.  
    Thanks Broll,
    Not yet, but I would work remote....      :) 

Now just need to get this strand goin so it get some traction... have your alliance/friends read it and comment?
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great idea!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My fear on this board is that Demiurge are not able to act upon suggestions from people because there could potentially be legal issues with that. Suing for plagerism or demanding royalties for having your ideas used.

I remember an episode of Extra Credits mentioned this. Whenever one of the writers got an e-mail from a fan saying "I've got an idea!" they'd just auto delete it without reading in case they ended up "stealing" an idea.

So I worry that making good ideas is only detrimental because now Demiurge can't do it!
  • Hilk
    My fear on this board is that Demiurge are not able to act upon suggestions from people because there could potentially be legal issues with that. Suing for plagerism or demanding royalties for having your ideas used.

I remember an episode of Extra Credits mentioned this. Whenever one of the writers got an e-mail from a fan saying "I've got an idea!" they'd just auto delete it without reading in case they ended up "stealing" an idea.

So I worry that making good ideas is only detrimental because now Demiurge can't do it!

I like the game, if they are concerned, I’m sure we could work out any rights issues with some iso/etc.... ;)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Demiurge or D3 got that covered. I remember one poster starting a thread or making a post in the feedback forum about the devs using the players' ideas and how those ideas will then belong to the devs. I can't remember the exact details but that particular clause was enough to trigger some response from that poster.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    So should we be giving them bad ideas? Maybe if we come up with some real stinkers we can steer them away from the bad ideas towards some good ones. If we can claim intellectual ownership of all but the most sensible ideas we can positively influence the future direction. 

Quick, somebody come up with some awful ideas for supports so we can get them headed in a more fruitful direction. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'd like to see a monthly alliance gauntlet. start easy and get progressively harder. each node can be beat by anyone, but must be beat to open the next. rewards go to everyone when thresholds are passed. have it reset every month. also have it so when someone's character is downed they become ineligible to continue in the event, but health losses don't transfer over to other game modes. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    jredd said:
    i'd like to see a monthly alliance gauntlet. start easy and get progressively harder. each node can be beat by anyone, but must be beat to open the next. rewards go to everyone when thresholds are passed. have it reset every month. also have it so when someone's character is downed they become ineligible to continue in the event, but health losses don't transfer over to other game modes. 
    That's a good one.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Its an interesting idea, but I don't think challenge nodes really work in MPQ. It all comes down to RNG. Even the harder stuff like Doc Ock in Sinister Six boss event or Kaecilius in strange sights, a good board or cascade can get you an easy win or a bad board gets you a loss.
    I also don't think reward scaling can work. Unless the game gets a lot smarter about synergy and counters it can't really judge how hard a node is.  I won a clash of the titans with one prof x cover. Doesn't really matter if the rewards are just 1 a day, but still.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards

I think human nature compels people to automatically reject ideas that are not their own.  So, D3 only wants to develop features that they think up.  So, if you want them to do something, you have to con them into doing it, making them think it was their idea in the first place. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    <snip>
    I think human nature compels people to automatically reject ideas that are not their own.  So, D3 only wants to develop features that they think up.  So, if you want them to do something, you have to con them into doing it, making them think it was their idea in the first place. 
    I might agree with you if only i’d thought this up myself.
  • Hilk
    Straycat said:
    Its an interesting idea, but I don't think challenge nodes really work in MPQ. It all comes down to RNG. Even the harder stuff like Doc Ock in Sinister Six boss event or Kaecilius in strange sights, a good board or cascade can get you an easy win or a bad board gets you a loss.
    I also don't think reward scaling can work. Unless the game gets a lot smarter about synergy and counters it can't really judge how hard a node is.  I won a clash of the titans with one prof x cover. Doesn't really matter if the rewards are just 1 a day, but still.

I think hey have a Huge list of how likely one team will beat another... so could do rewards scaling.  And if they don’t have that info, they can build it from this event.

On the RNG issue, if you are losing because of RNG, you picked the wrong team (or don’t have the cards)... It happens, but I don’t think very frequently.
    Losing every once in a while would make people think twice of trying to hit way over their cards weight.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    it'd be cool if they added a 5 day 4* node to ddq. 1 4* character required. get a cover for that character by completing the node all 5 days of the ddq cycle.

do the same thing for  5* characters over a 20 day cycle.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    First thought is that this would be abused. People would figure out a combo that gives good rewards, and an easy way to beat it, and it would be abused for easy rewards. Even if they can adjust and lower the rewards for that specific combo, it's not going to happen instantly, and people will abuse it until the patch rolls out. We already have massive communities (like Line) that'll figure this stuff out, and ruin it for everyone else.

Second thought is that they're never going to give us a "training node" that's free like that (no rewards but no need for health packs, easy control over opponent builds, etc). They aren't going to let us have easy areas to test new characters (because if you decide you don't want it, and stop chasing it, you get off the treadmill and that's bad for the game), nor are they going to give people a place to micro-manage the rest of the game by spending countless matches searching for the most effective teams to win matches.

I'd love some harder matches and some additions to DDQ, but I don't see this as the way to do it.