Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six: Event Details (8/29/18)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vulture slays this event, just make sure he is destroying maximum enemy specials with his blue to counter Venom etc
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coulson is a great one for tile swapping.  I run him Gladithor and Chavez and can get through most of them with little to no damage until the later rounds.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MEHulk and Hulkbuster are both boosted and form a rainbow. Been running them with Chavez in the back and having a blast with it. There's no targeted tile destruction, but if necessary, a Gamma Powerbomb can usually clear up enough of the board to get at something like Ock's tentacles/reactor. Between MEHulk and Chavez, tho, there's enough board shake going on anyhow that it's only been an issue once so far.
  • barrok
    barrok Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Using 4* starlord to remove the tiles from Dock Oc.. easy mode (at least in these early stages).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sandman. Sandman is the one who'll give me problems, but only when he's first. Match damage doesn't do squat to him and he'll wreck your chances of getting the colors you need by spamming the board with yellow, then use it to do large quantities of AoE.

If Sandman is first I like to bring someone with a yellow damager. 3Thor is boosted for this event and does the trick nicely, making green for TA Hulk to whallop Doc Ock's countdown tile if he gets involved later.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Sandman. Sandman is the one who'll give me problems, but only when he's first. Match damage doesn't do squat to him and he'll wreck your chances of getting the colors you need by spamming the board with yellow, then use it to do large quantities of AoE.

If Sandman is first I like to bring someone with a yellow damager. 3Thor is boosted for this event and does the trick nicely, making green for TA Hulk to whallop Doc Ock's countdown tile if he gets involved later.
    How do you know the order...?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    Dormammu said:

How do you know the order...?
    When you click on the boss node it tells you who you'll fight and in what order.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow! Thanks @Dormammu -- I've never noticed that before. VERY helpful, obviously...
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Always forget quite how insanely straightforward this event is. They can't seriously intend for people to have finished personal progression in a 3.5-day event after the first refresh, can they?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    Always forget quite how insanely straightforward this event is. They can't seriously intend for people to have finished personal progression in a 3.5-day event after the first refresh, can they?
    Straightforward for you, maybe. For many of my alliance members in 3* land, with poorly-covered 4*, it is nowhere as “straightforward”.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    8.5 hours after the event stated I finished personal progression. Thanks for the mpq free weekend
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    Straightforward for you, maybe. For many of my alliance members in 3* land, with poorly-covered 4*, it is nowhere as “straightforward”.
    Oh absolutely, I appreciate that, but anyone in a decent alliance with at least some useful champed 4*s is going to have this finished in barely a day. It's why I'd like to see them bring Clearance Levels into boss events, and/or make some element of them roster-scaled. I don't mind the weekend off, and I actually like the more puzzly elements of the boss events, but for it to be over so quickly seems a little ridiculous.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was actually easier to beat than Thanos with boosted Grocket and Gamora. Naturally the personal progression legendary gave me a MEHulk since I've been trashing him the whole event. I see you, Demi, I see you. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Borstock said:
    shardwick said:
    Yeah where's War Machine at for the alliance progression reward? Also, my only boosted 4s will be MEHulk and XF Wolvie. Bleh. Maybe I'll throw some iso into Iron Spidey.
    Why do people hate MEHulk? He's a beast. 
    Because even though his purple is amazing he has screwed up so many chances for match 4s and 5s for me that he is more annoying than anything.
    Very first boss round I did there was a beautiful match 5 right in the middle of the board ready to be matched so of course MEHulk screwed it up like I knew he would.
    I was playing MEHulk in a match that started with Doc Ock, and Grand Entrance knocked out the reactor tile before my first move.  Then it happened again on my next run at the boss.  So you win some and lose some.
    Humans often remember the bad more vividly than the good, so I wouldn't be surprised if I've benefited more from tile swaps leading to matches (and AP) than suffered from tile swaps ruining match-5s.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gwenpool works really well against several of the bosses. Chekhov's gun can hit Venom while he's invisible, and 'Sploits is an easy way to destroy Doc Ock's special tile.
    What code do you use with Gwenpool?
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okoye's piercing throw works wonders on that Doc Ock board.  4* Ghost Rider's good to have on hand to retaliate against Sandman, and make him regret using his pummel power.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cgrubb80 said:
    Gwenpool works really well against several of the bosses. Chekhov's gun can hit Venom while he's invisible, and 'Sploits is an easy way to destroy Doc Ock's special tile.
    What code do you use with Gwenpool?
    Depends where it is.  Here's a link to a list: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/52825/gwenpool-sploits-codes/p1
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm breezing through it with 4* ME Hulk, 4* Vulture, and 5* Loki just for match damage since he is boosted as well. Vulture takes care of Venom and Doc Oct's tiles quickly. ME Hulk Nukes anyone in 1 Pink Power move. Were in Round 8 at the moment waiting on the refresh to hopefully finish it if all our members participate fully. This is the fastest my alliance has reached Round 8 ever. I'm still going to keep hitting the Boss after the last round is done just for the ISO. I love it. Glad to have more time for other things on the Weekend. 
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Don't use Infinity War Spidey against Venom. I champed him so of course was eager to play around with him and completely forgot about the mechanics of how boss Venom works. Turns out he LOVES those web tiles Spidey is making..it was a shock to see him downed in one hit as Venom devoured.

See, even as relatively easy this event is, you only need to make a boneheaded mess-up like the above and you have to eat a health pack.
    I did this exact same thing. I was being lazy and had okoye and america on the sides and did not feel the need to scroll for another character going from the sub back to the boss fight.  That made me pay attention rather quickly.