Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six: Event Details (8/29/18)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bugeyed said:
    07:00 EDT start time ?

Like every single alliance boss event so far, yes.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    shardwick said:
    Yeah where's War Machine at for the alliance progression reward? Also, my only boosted 4s will be MEHulk and XF Wolvie. Bleh. Maybe I'll throw some iso into Iron Spidey.
    Why do people hate MEHulk? He's a beast. 
    Currently got him as my 4* BH. Trying to get three more covers for ME Hulk so I can get Loki. He's the only 5* I'm missing at the moment.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    This will be my first time doing this event since i got back, any tips?
  • Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Biggest tip is don’t believe the start time. What’s going on. Errors with the game, incorrect prizes announced, incorrect start times posted. Has this game had its day ? Time to start looking for something new to fill the time and take our money
  • Bugeyed
    edited August 2018
    Bowgentle said:
    Bugeyed said:

Really, well every one has been 12:00 EDT start time but this one is announced as 07:00 and hasn’t started yet at 08:00 EDT. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bugeyed said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bugeyed said:

Really, well every one has been 12:00 EDT start time but this one is announced as 07:00 and hasn’t started yet at 08:00 EDT. 

Brainfart.

You're correct, it should be noon.

Let's just ignore every announcement, it's like 50% of the info is incorrect these days.
  • Bugeyed
    Problem is we have players ready to go, some in Australia have stayed late to play start and a few in the US got up early to join so they didn’t miss the boss unlocks. It’s a shame that things seem to have got to the point we can’t rely on what we are told on the devs own site
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    It should also be mentioned that the end time will be 3 1/2 days after start, so midnight Monday EDT.  Not 2:00 am Monday.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof said:
    Here's the last run's thread FWIW:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73073/spider-man-vs-the-sinister-six-event-details-5-30-18

There's two boss nodes, each with three waves of boss fights (similar to Boss Rush, if you were there for that--although SS is MUCH easier).  The AI AP resets each round to avoid them firing off all the powers in wave three from the onset.  Dr Ock is among the most puzzly bosses in all of MPQ...although you can ignore all aspects of the puzzle with targeted tile destruction (TAHulk, Gwenpool, etc).  Carnage gives himself multiple turns and rearranges the board (and is, IMHO, the most annoying of the group).  Sandman does yellow AOE and reduces damage to himself (probably the hardest of the group).  Venom goes invisible and does very, very little while you generate AP for future rounds and Vulture and...one other...unforgettable boss (sorry, brain fart) are fairly generic.

In Rounds 1 & 2 you'll probably win quickly enough before you get a feel for any of them (although Doc Ock CAN win in Round 1 if you're not prepared).  My personal go-to team is IM40 (boosted), 4Thor (boosted) and Gwenpool, where 4Thor's red and Gwenpool's green can generally one-shot most of the bosses through Round 5 or so, and 4Thor's red still works to Round 7 (my extremely casual alliance never made Round 8, but presumably the uncapped red damage would still be a game-ender).  Gwenpool's purple takes the puzzle out of puzzle quest, although you can swap in Quicksilver if you want to experience the full puzzle of Dr Ock while still having a green which is useful for early rounds.  TAHulk and GSBW would also adequately fill that third slot, although again, they kill the puzzle aspect.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Malcrof said:
    Here's the last run's thread FWIW:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73073/spider-man-vs-the-sinister-six-event-details-5-30-18

There's two boss nodes, each with three waves of boss fights (similar to Boss Rush, if you were there for that--although SS is MUCH easier).  The AI AP resets each round to avoid them firing off all the powers in wave three from the onset.  Dr Ock is among the most puzzly bosses in all of MPQ...although you can ignore all aspects of the puzzle with targeted tile destruction (TAHulk, Gwenpool, etc).  Carnage gives himself multiple turns and rearranges the board (and is, IMHO, the most annoying of the group).  Sandman does yellow AOE and reduces damage to himself (probably the hardest of the group).  Venom goes invisible and does very, very little while you generate AP for future rounds and Vulture and...one other...unforgettable boss (sorry, brain fart) are fairly generic.

In Rounds 1 & 2 you'll probably win quickly enough before you get a feel for any of them (although Doc Ock CAN win in Round 1 if you're not prepared).  My personal go-to team is IM40 (boosted), 4Thor (boosted) and Gwenpool, where 4Thor's red and Gwenpool's green can generally one-shot most of the bosses through Round 5 or so, and 4Thor's red still works to Round 7 (my extremely casual alliance never made Round 8, but presumably the uncapped red damage would still be a game-ender).  Gwenpool's purple takes the puzzle out of puzzle quest, although you can swap in Quicksilver if you want to experience the full puzzle of Dr Ock while still having a green which is useful for early rounds.  TAHulk and GSBW would also adequately fill that third slot, although again, they kill the puzzle aspect.

Goblin - he makes fortified countdowns.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Ahh, can't wait to start getting massacred by Round 8 Carnage again.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Can't express how grateful I am that progression is blue IW Spidey cover. Along with the blue they are giving in PVP progression, I'll have him to 3/4/5. Huge relief, I tend to end up chasing the first cover ability for new characters for quite some time. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Thank you.  I knew it was someone obvious, but just couldn’t remember who.  The Maggia he summons even gives you someone not immune to 4Thor’s stun while you’re adding charged tiles to the board.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I'll end up saving whatever spider-woman covers I get, but I could use some Iron Spiders for sure. This event more than other boss events feels like such a chore every refresh since you're essentially playing it at double speed compared to a single-boss event, but it's nice hitting personal progression way sooner than the others.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Thank you.  I knew it was someone obvious, but just couldn’t remember who.  The Maggia he summons even gives you someone not immune to 4Thor’s stun while you’re adding charged tiles to the board.
    Yeah - absolutely nobody in the course of this event has ever gone "Oh no, Green Goblin!" - it is sort of a breather in between other bosses.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    They all get tough in the latter rounds for their own reasons though. You have to have the right team to counter at least 2 of their Boss behaviors. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Oh, that explains why the two 5-star covers I got from Classic cover pulls in the last two days were both Clint Barton-Hawkeye... He's powered up for this event...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwenpool works really well against several of the bosses. Chekhov's gun can hit Venom while he's invisible, and 'Sploits is an easy way to destroy Doc Ock's special tile.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Borstock said:
    shardwick said:
    Yeah where's War Machine at for the alliance progression reward? Also, my only boosted 4s will be MEHulk and XF Wolvie. Bleh. Maybe I'll throw some iso into Iron Spidey.
    Because even though his purple is amazing he has screwed up so many chances for match 4s and 5s for me that he is more annoying than anything.
    Very first boss round I did there was a beautiful match 5 right in the middle of the board ready to be matched so of course MEHulk screwed it up like I knew he would.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Borstock said:
    shardwick said:
    Because even though his purple is amazing he has screwed up so many chances for match 4s and 5s for me that he is more annoying than anything.
    Very first boss round I did there was a beautiful match 5 right in the middle of the board ready to be matched so of course MEHulk screwed it up like I knew he would.
    I love ME Hulk. He helped me match away Doc Octs Tentacles and count down tile as well. I also either Nuke the second or third Boss with his pink depending on how fast I get enough Pink AP. Making things way easier.