Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six: Event Details (8/29/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Spider-Man is back again to take down The Sinister Six in our re-run of the Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six event! This event will start tomorrow Thursday, August 30th and ends Sunday, September 2nd.

The overall structure of the event has not changed, however you'll find the updated reward tables listed down below:

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    So Spiderwoman ... wasnt it going to be War Machine as progression?

• Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six - Alliance Event
      • Start: August 30th, 2018, 7:00am EDT
      • End: September 2nd, 2018, 2:00am EDT
      • Features: Spider-Man (Infinity War)
      • Rewards: War Machine (James Rhodes) in Progression Rewards
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I don't see any difference or any change in reward between the previous boss event or the last Sinister Six boss event and this coming boss event. I'm wondering what's updated besides the obvious change in character covers as rewards.

Edit: unless the updated reward means giving Spider-Woman as alliance progression reward instead of War Machine?
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    So Gladiator Thor is boosted?  Am I reading this right?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s not the same. Boss boosts on 5*s are like 10 levels, not 100.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah where's War Machine at for the alliance progression reward? Also, my only boosted 4s will be MEHulk and XF Wolvie. Bleh. Maybe I'll throw some iso into Iron Spidey.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    It’s not the same. Boss boosts on 5*s are like 10 levels, not 100.
    Oh well  Still, I'll take it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    So Spiderwoman ... wasnt it going to be War Machine as progression?

• Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six - Alliance Event
      • Start: August 30th, 2018, 7:00am EDT
      • End: September 2nd, 2018, 2:00am EDT
      • Features: Spider-Man (Infinity War)
      • Rewards: War Machine (James Rhodes) in Progression Rewards
    Apologies for the confusion. Seems there was a bit of a mix-up in the original announcement, and Spider-Woman is in fact the correct Progression Reward for the event.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    thanks for confirming Brigby
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m curious about the inclusion of this event as part of the MCU10 celebration, beyond the Iron Spider in personal progression.

Also, it would have made sense to reward War Machine.  Usually feeders are available as placement and progression rewards in PVE, but War Machine was supplanted by Nebula, so only was rewarded through PVP around his update last week.  I thought this event would correct that, but I’ll take some champ levels for Spider-Woman, too.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    shardwick said:
    Yeah where's War Machine at for the alliance progression reward? Also, my only boosted 4s will be MEHulk and XF Wolvie. Bleh. Maybe I'll throw some iso into Iron Spidey.
    Why do people hate MEHulk? He's a beast. 
    Because even though his purple is amazing he has screwed up so many chances for match 4s and 5s for me that he is more annoying than anything.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    America Chavez may be interesting here, since bosses AP resets to zero between waves?
    Need to make sure she's on the back line, not on the front.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone noticed that 4* Wolverine is always boosted for every Boss event. Weird. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reason is that the side nodes are set up to allow players to use characters that exist in multiple tiers, which allows the maximum players to participate in the boss node (at least a little).  A 2* player probably has access to lot of the nodes, thanks to this design choice.

So there are boosts of most of the 2/3/4/5 characters, such as Wolverine, Spider-Man, Black Widow....  Wolverine is one of the first 4s and has long existed across the teirs, so he is always boosted.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    this will be the less exciting alliance event ever done so far  :(
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed War Machine on the basis that the extra 4 champ rewards from this event and the one after were worth moving him to the front of the queue.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and the covers to complete Spider-Woman are welcome.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have preferred WM in Progression, as that would have given me another LT, but Champ levels on Spider Woman can't hurt anything.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, lots of Spider Woman covers up for grabs, I could champ her but think I will stick to my plan of champing Infinite War Spidey instead as he also has a PvP and an extra cover here.
  • Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    07:00 EDT start time ?