New Supports: Yaro Root (8/28/18)

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    What the tinykitty is a Yaro Root?
    Did you not watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2?
    It was a running joke in the first act that Nebula was hungry and trying to get a Yaro Root to eat and Gamora and Drax both in seperate occasions told her it's not ripe.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    So here is the obligatory questions I have asked during new release for supports.
    #1 why do you keep doing 120 item vaults when 40 item vaults are more likely to get players to buy.
    #2 when will all these new supports be available with regular supports.
    #3 when are you going to make it easier to get supports and level supports?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm looking forward to the next Captain America support now, "Language!".
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta said:
    I thought supports were going to be Iconic and important items within the Marvel Universe.
    Nothing says Marvel and Nebula quite like a Yaro Root? Right? 
    Right?

Hello? 

Guys?
    Can't disagree with this. How does the Yaro Root support anyone? I don't even know what it does if you eat it when it's ripe.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Yaro Root is the Boss Rush of Supports.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I'm assuming the heal isn't a true heal, but the perk doesn't say burst so I want to make sure.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    So here is the obligatory questions I have asked during new release for supports.
    #1 why do you keep doing 120 item vaults when 40 item vaults are more likely to get players to buy.
    #2 when will all these new supports be available with regular supports.
    #3 when are you going to make it easier to get supports and level supports?
    The one almost constant over all the supports releases seems to have been the overall probability of receiving a rank 5 support.  With the original supports release it was 1:3000 odds (one master token in a 300 item vault, with 1:10 chance of a rank 5).  With this one, it is 1:3240 (one master token in 120 items, with 1:27 chance of a rank 5).  This is the only repeatable purchase in the game, so is an indication of how they value the highest level purchases.
    As the deals for each support release appear to have stabilised, I suspect that these releases are making as much income as they want: the people spending astronomical amounts of money chasing rank 5s aren't as sensitive to the rest of the vault contents, and they weren't getting many more small purchases by adjusting the odds of lower rank supports in the vaults.
    As for adding all the new supports to the regular supports store, I can see two sides to it.  No one is really chasing the beginner support tokens found in event vaults, or the advanced tokens for coming top 25 in a versus season.  So I suspect they don't see that store as a source of revenue.  In that sense, having an extra 16 supports exclusive to the revenue generating stores probably seems like a good idea.
  • plano78
    plano78 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    When supports get turned on in pvp boy howdy will the skip button get a workout. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wong and the initial set of supports were cool. These new supports are starting to feel really strained. A bit of a reach? 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Threw 100 HP at the Yaro Root vault, got an advanced token, opened it, got a 4* Yaro Root.  That's my luck used up for the rest of the year.
    You got that right. Congrats. Since they started these horrible Support vaults I use 100 HP every time and have only received 2*'s and once I got a support token. Like always it was a duplicate, which gave me a good amount of Red Iso. Getting duplicate Supports seems to be the best way to get the most Red Iso.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    Threw 100 HP at the Yaro Root vault, got an advanced token, opened it, got a 4* Yaro Root.  That's my luck used up for the rest of the year.
    You got that right. Congrats. Since they started these horrible Support vaults I use 100 HP every time and have only received 2*'s and once I got a support token. Like always it was a duplicate, which gave me a good amount of Red Iso. Getting duplicate Supports seems to be the best way to get the most Red Iso.
    I spent 200 hp got a 2* daken, and a beginner sup token. I got a 3* yaro root. So maybe that's why I'm on an epic 5* dry spell lol.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    What the tinykitty is a Yaro Root?
    Did you not watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2?
    It was a running joke in the first act that Nebula was hungry and trying to get a Yaro Root to eat and Gamora and Drax both in seperate occasions told her it's not ripe.
    Yeah, I watched it. I remember the gag, I just didn't remember what the plant was called. Also, on the list of things that made me laugh in that movie, 'its not ripe' doesn't even make the list.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    So we finally have an answer to the question “when will supports be popular?” - when the Yaro Root’s ripe.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    abmoraz said:

There are 10 Guardians (5*: Starlord, 4*: Drax, G4mora, Nebula, Grocket, Starlord, Yondu, 3*: R&G, Gamora, Starlord)

For some reason, Nebula is not listed as being a Guardian. So, only 9 of them.
    I swear she was before this last update.  I went through and checked each one I mentioned.  This last update must have removed her affiliation.

That, or the early onset dementia that runs in my family is starting to become symptomatic.

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    @Brigby the beginner tokens for the Yaro vault say you have a chance of getting a 2, 3, or 4* yaro root, which is incorrect. I don't know if this has been an issue with previous vaults as I usually don't get any tokens with my daily 100hp pull, but it's something you should probably tell the devs to fix before the next support store in ~2 weeks if you don't want to be in the business of false advertising.

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    This is a good support that can speed up pve.  That is all.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    abmoraz said:

There are 10 Guardians (5*: Starlord, 4*: Drax, G4mora, Nebula, Grocket, Starlord, Yondu, 3*: R&G, Gamora, Starlord)

For some reason, Nebula is not listed as being a Guardian. So, only 9 of them.
    I swear she was before this last update.  I went through and checked each one I mentioned.  This last update must have removed her affiliation.

That, or the early onset dementia that runs in my family is starting to become symptomatic.

Hopefully those aren't the only two possibilities. :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby the beginner tokens for the Yaro vault say you have a chance of getting a 2, 3, or 4* yaro root, which is incorrect. I don't know if this has been an issue with previous vaults as I usually don't get any tokens with my daily 100hp pull, but it's something you should probably tell the devs to fix before the next support store in ~2 weeks if you don't want to be in the business of false advertising.
    Would you mind providing more information as to where you see this description? Is it in the Yaro Root store description that you see this? Is it in the token Info pop-up?
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Brigby said:
    Brigby the beginner tokens for the Yaro vault say you have a chance of getting a 2, 3, or 4* yaro root, which is incorrect. I don't know if this has been an issue with previous vaults as I usually don't get any tokens with my daily 100hp pull, but it's something you should probably tell the devs to fix before the next support store in ~2 weeks if you don't want to be in the business of false advertising.
    Would you mind providing more information as to where you see this description? Is it in the Yaro Root store description that you see this? Is it in the token Info pop-up?
    I sent you a pm with a link to a picture since I'm not sure how to post pictures on the forums. It's on the description for what you can get from the token before you open it.