New Supports: Yaro Root (8/28/18)

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Tony_Foot said:
    4* pvp is already doing a grand job in that regard, yet people seem intent on having that anyway.
    Let them leave then.  4* PVP is a desperately needed change.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    abmoraz said:
    tiomono said:
    Rank 1 Perk = Rank 3 Wasp Gauntlets Perk

Rank 3 is really nice: 6 green ap at 80% chance, which is close to every turn. Add in 4 green ap boost and you get 10 green ap at the start of the battle. I think some other supports add green ap at the start of the battle as well

Rank 5 match damage is nice too. 

Best of all: any character can equip it.

It seems that new support is released 5 days after new character release.

They probably figure out that Support announcement is going to be met with sarcasm and snarks in this forum, so early Support announcement is not a priority in this forum.
    The majority of supports have been able to go on any character even before the release of this one. (Some of the character numbers may be off but it should be close)

14 supports total now can go to any character.

12 go only to heroes which is around 125 characters total.

Poor villans only 23 of them get 6 total supports.

2 supports are only for xmen and we have as many of them as we do villans (poor villans).

Then it just gets rough 1 sup for guardians (9 characters), 1 for spiderverse (8 characters), 1 to spiderman (4 characters), 1 to captain marvel (2 characters), and 2 for black panther (3 characters).

More that can be put on any character is great. I just want more villans in the game now lol. 
    There are 3 Captain Marvels (2*, 3*, and 4*)
    There are 10 Guardians (5*: Starlord, 4*: Drax, G4mora, Nebula, Grocket, Starlord, Yondu, 3*: R&G, Gamora, Starlord)
    There are 6 Spider-men: 2x 5*, 4*, 3*, 2*, 1*
    There are 10 Spider-verse: The 6 spider-men + Spider-gwen, Miles, Spider-woman,  & Agent Venom

I'm not going to count the X-men, Heroes, or Villains because that would just depress me further.  Your counts are close enough on them to make the point.  :(

I always thought there were WAAAAY too many villain-only supports.  Turns out that the RNG just hates me and I have all 6 (out of my 21 total) and it's just that there aren't any good villains to attach them to. (the good villains, like Thanos, just get slowed down by the supports).
    Cannot put supports on 2* characters so I did not count them.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    4* pvp is already doing a grand job in that regard, yet people seem intent on having that anyway.
    I've definitely seen more complaining during the 3* streaks than the 4* streaks.  It seems to be feast or famine with these, I guess because they like doing the 4* PVPs as promotion for MCU current events...
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    If they are going to make most of the supports be aimed at specific characters, can they go back and add some for the characters that already exist?  I want to embrace this feature, but when the few support I have at the level they are at are completely useless to the majority of characters in the game it's kind of hard to give a damn about them.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    I've definitely seen more complaining during the 3* streaks than the 4* streaks.  It seems to be feast or famine with these, I guess because they like doing the 4* PVPs as promotion for MCU current events...
    I think there are more people who prefer 4* PvP on the forum, but I would wager it's the other way around for the bulk of the player base. Until someone is at least solidly established in the 4* tier, 4* PvP is, at best, a slog, and at worst, more or less impossible. As with Points vs. Wins, they're going to have to come up with some sort of hybrid system to make everyone happy with it.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    n25philly said:
    If they are going to make most of the supports be aimed at specific characters, can they go back and add some for the characters that already exist?  I want to embrace this feature, but when the few support I have at the level they are at are completely useless to the majority of characters in the game it's kind of hard to give a damn about them.
    It doesn't matter if they make a Support for every character if we can't get them, let alone Level them up. Every new support release is stuck behind a 120 item vault that is dominated by 2*'s or Heroes For Hire offers that feature rewards that don't equate to the cost for them.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    It doesn't matter if they make a Support for every character if we can't get them, let alone Level them up. Every new support release is stuck behind a 120 item vault that is dominated by 2*'s or Heroes For Hire offers that feature rewards that don't equate to the cost for them.
    Agreed, though I would hope if you catch up with releasing them and there is a large enough collection,  it would give incentive to maybe open it up a bit.  Right now I don't care that I don't have a big selection of them but rather that out of the dozen or so I have maybe 4-5 are even remotely useful
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Can a mod bring the conversation from the other thread over? Since we have been discussing this for several hours now.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged Yaro Root discussions into official announcement
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    Do you like seeing people leave pvp at the scl 7-9 level?  Would you like to see more leave?

Then turn on Supports in PVP.
    Do you like seeing people leave the game?  Would you like to see more leave?

Dilution is doing a fine job at making players leave as it is.....

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's hard to be excited about any support because:

1) They're really hard to get..............I get far more LTs than Support Tokens
    2) They're really hard to level up.......the same old growth of leveling costs and small riso rewards
    3) They're not really useful until higher levels.........which takes forever to achieve
    4) They only work in PVE...........last time I checked, players needed more help in PVP battles than PVE
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    Do you like seeing people leave pvp at the scl 7-9 level?  Would you like to see more leave?

How about they turn on supports for just your team and not your opponent?
    Interesting idea.  I'd be fine with that.  It would allow me to continue pretending they don't exist  :D
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:

win percentages aren't high enough?
    at some point, they need to take the training wheels off...
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:

win percentages aren't high enough?
    at some point, they need to take the training wheels off...
    If you can figure out how to keep people engaged and playing, even when they lose, please go out and make that game. I would love to try it!

In the mean time, more winning means easier climbs.  Easier climbs mean more engagement.  More engagement means more paying customers.  More paying customers means a longer, healthier game.  Theoritically.  
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of these "deals" and bundles are still terribly overpriced for the value.

Still, they must make money off this which I don't understand...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought supports were going to be Iconic and important items within the Marvel Universe.
    Nothing says Marvel and Nebula quite like a Yaro Root? Right? 
    Right?

Hello? 

Guys?
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

Asked in the last Support Announcement and will ask here to.

Is there any information you can share about plans to add new supports to standard tokens. None since the Children of Thanos have been added.

I am saving my standard tokens on the tiny hope of getting a 3* Talon Fighter.