MPQ Laws

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
(Disclaimer: The purpose of this thread is to be fun and humorous. The intention is not to be negative towards Marvel Puzzle Quest or accuse the code of any wild conspiracy theories.)

Ever heard of Murphy's Law? It states that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong. I'm trying to document Marvel Puzzle Quest laws which are similar to Murphy's Law and could use your help cataloging them. Let me give you an example, and please share your own MPQ laws in this thread...

When your opponent is down to their last move and you know you will win on your very next turn, it is MPQ Law that the AI's match will result in a health-draining cascade.

Comments

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Huge cascades on trivial nodes that only serve to waste time. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    You keep hoping the game will no longer be a continuous mind numbing grind.
    You keep hoping every new character release will be an interesting, useful and fun addition to the game.
    MPQ law says nay to both.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Whenever I'm having trouble getting matches for a specific color I need, the AI will make a match resulting in a cascade that matches away the color I was going for. For example, trying to get the 6 Yellow AP for IM40, 6 Black AP for Vulture, 7 Purple AP for Professor X - doesn't matter the character or the ability. If I'm having terrible luck getting a color, the AI is having amazing luck getting that same color. 
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    JJ (or another dangerous character) is down to last bit of health and I don't want to waste a match 4 on her. She will down at least one of my guys during the next turn.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Dormammu said:

When your opponent is down to their last move and you know you will win on your very next turn, it is MPQ Law that the AI's match will result in a health-draining cascade.
    Sub-Law: When you are guaranteed to down the most dangerous opponent with your next turn, they will be able to fire off every single one of their powers first.
    This sub-law is spot on. I remember in 3* land Mystique was the worst for me regarding this. She would throw everything and the kitchen sink at me while in her death throes. All that was needed was a giant middle finger animation with Professor X’s Master Plan sound effects and animation shake to flash on the screen. 
  • roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    When using 2* Magneto Red, count on it being in a corner or along the edge.

If one of your team is under 50% health, expect the AI to  'randomly' target or wait for that character to line up before using powers.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    Anything that can be complained about on the forums will be complained about on the forums.
    I think you're missing the point of this thread...
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    However hardest you hit in PvP it shall be returned to you threefold.

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Whenever fighting 3* Storm, the board will only create states that will allow the opposing team to gather as much black as possible. The unstoppable Hailstorm!
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Whenever I´m fighting JJ, she almost always matches her trap tiles on 1st or 2nd turn.
    Whenever I´m playing my JJ, she places her trap tiles in a corner of the board so I won´t be able to match them.