New Supports: Yaro Root (8/28/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

PERK LIST

Perk 1

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • When the supported character is healed, they heal an extra 1568 health.

Perk 3

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • At the start of battle, there's a 80% chance to gain 6 Green AP.

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • the supported character's base Green match damage is increased by 531.

Nebula (Infinity War) Synergy Perk

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • When Nebula fires Galactic Rage, creates a strength 597 Protect tile.

STORE OFFERS

General

• Yaro Root (Not Ripe) will be visible in the Support screen at 7:00 AM EDT on Tuesday August 28th
  • New vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM EDT later that day (See Below)
  • All special offers last for two days.

Supports: Yaro Root Store

• Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
    • Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)
    • Hulkling (Young Avengers)
    • Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)
    • Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space)
    • Carol's Communicator (Super Beeper)
    • The Carol Corps (Banshee Squadron)
    • Chewie (Flerken Feline)
    • Mirror Image (Loki's Trickery)
    • Yaro Root (Not Ripe)
  • Yaro Root (Not Ripe) is available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.
  • Only visible if you have a token for the store.

Yaro Root Vault

• A 120 item vault
    • 1x Supports: Yaro Root Master Token
    • 5x Supports: Yaro Root Advanced Tokens
    • 9x Supports: Yaro Root Beginner Tokens
    • 1x random 4-Star Cover
    • 14x random 3-Star Covers
    • 63x random 2-Stars Covers
    • 1x 300 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 200 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 150 Red Iso-8
    • 2x 50 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 25 Red Iso-8
    • 2x 5,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 1,500 Iso-8
    • 8x 1,000 Iso-8

X-23 Heroes for Hire

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 1x X-23 (All-New Wolverine) Green cover
    • 2x Yaro Root Advanced Tokens
    • 3x Yaro Root Beginner Tokens
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8

Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) Heroes for Hire

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 1x Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) Blue cover
    • 1x Yaro Root Master Token
    • 3x Yaro Root Advanced Tokens
    • 5,000 Red Iso-8

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    This morning at 7 AM EDT, the Yaro Root support appeared in game.  I assume we'll get the normal distribution with a vault that lasts for 48 hours, 4x odds, etc.  Good luck getting one.  It seems better than most thanks to the Rank 3 perk.

L250 perks:

Rank 1 - when healing, get extra 1568 health
    Rank 3 - start of battle, 80% odds of 6 green AP (this is a nice perk)
    Rank 5 - Supported character's green match dmg +531
    Nebula:  When firing Galactic Rage, creates a 597 Protect tile

I am a bit disappointed that there isn't a forum announcement yet.  It generally happens, but this isn't the first time we saw the support in game before an announcement.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rank 1 Perk = Rank 3 Wasp Gauntlets Perk

Rank 3 is really nice: 6 green ap at 80% chance, which is close to every turn. Add in 4 green ap boost and you get 10 green ap at the start of the battle. I think some other supports add green ap at the start of the battle as well

Rank 5 match damage is nice too. 

Best of all: any character can equip it.

It seems that new support is released 5 days after new character release.

They probably figure out that Support announcement is going to be met with sarcasm and snarks in this forum, so early Support announcement is not a priority in this forum.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker

Rank 3 is really nice: 6 green ap at 80% chance, which is close to every turn. Add in 4 green ap boost and you get 10 green ap at the start of the battle. I think some other supports add green ap at the start of the battle as well

Only 80% at lvl250, though. It'll be a much lower percentage without pumping a gargantuan amount of riso into it, even if you hit the ridiculous lottery to get hold of a 3* or higher version of the support.
  • bluewolf
    EVERYTHING is met with some snark and sarcasm here, except perhaps the recent change that allowed us to save 50-100 covers and save any cover.

Half (more than half?) of the point of announcing things on the forum is marketing to drive interest and sales.  And reasons to log in, things to look for, etc.

Not promoting Supports isn’t going to benefit the devs in any way.  They are all in at this point, keep the communication going for the people who look for them.
  • bluewolf
    Richyyy said:

Only 80% at lvl250, though. It'll be a much lower percentage without pumping a gargantuan amount of riso into it, even if you hit the ridiculous lottery to get hold of a 3* or higher version of the support.
    I have the Quantum Realm Support at 100 and I get about 33% chance of six purple AP.  That’s not bad for the cost (70k riso)of raising it up that high.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    What the tinykitty is a Yaro Root?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards

They probably figure out that Support announcement is going to be met with sarcasm and snarks in this forum, so early Support announcement is not a priority in this forum.
    The majority of supports have been able to go on any character even before the release of this one. (Some of the character numbers may be off but it should be close)

14 supports total now can go to any character.

12 go only to heroes which is around 125 characters total.

Poor villans only 23 of them get 6 total supports.

2 supports are only for xmen and we have as many of them as we do villans (poor villans).

Then it just gets rough 1 sup for guardians (9 characters), 1 for spiderverse (8 characters), 1 to spiderman (4 characters), 1 to captain marvel (2 characters), and 2 for black panther (3 characters).

More that can be put on any character is great. I just want more villans in the game now lol. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    This is the new norm. Character gets released and then a Support to go with it. Nothing to new or exciting to see here.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:

The majority of supports have been able to go on any character even before the release of this one. (Some of the character numbers may be off but it should be close)

2 supports are only for xmen and we have as many of them as we do villans (poor villans).

Then it just gets rough 1 sup for guardians (9 characters), 1 for spiderverse (8 characters), 1 to spiderman (4 characters), 1 to captain marvel (2 characters), and 2 for black panther (3 characters).

More that can be put on any character is great. I just want more villans in the game now lol. 
    There are 3 Captain Marvels (2*, 3*, and 4*)
    There are 10 Guardians (5*: Starlord, 4*: Drax, G4mora, Nebula, Grocket, Starlord, Yondu, 3*: R&G, Gamora, Starlord)
    There are 6 Spider-men: 2x 5*, 4*, 3*, 2*, 1*
    There are 10 Spider-verse: The 6 spider-men + Spider-gwen, Miles, Spider-woman,  & Agent Venom

I'm not going to count the X-men, Heroes, or Villains because that would just depress me further.  Your counts are close enough on them to make the point.  :(

I always thought there were WAAAAY too many villain-only supports.  Turns out that the RNG just hates me and I have all 6 (out of my 21 total) and it's just that there aren't any good villains to attach them to. (the good villains, like Thanos, just get slowed down by the supports).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    tiomono said:

There are 10 Guardians (5*: Starlord, 4*: Drax, G4mora, Nebula, Grocket, Starlord, Yondu, 3*: R&G, Gamora, Starlord)
    There are 10 Spider-verse: The 6 spider-men + Spider-gwen, Miles, Spider-woman,  & Agent Venom

I'm not going to count the X-men, Heroes, or Villains because that would just depress me further.  Your counts are close enough on them to make the point.  :(

I always thought there were WAAAAY too many villain-only supports.  Turns out that the RNG just hates me and I have all 6 (out of my 21 total) and it's just that there aren't any good villains to attach them to. (the good villains, like Thanos, just get slowed down by the supports).
    There's a lot more than that:
    2 more Venoms (1* and EB)
    4 more villians (Vulture, GG, Kraven, and Sandman)
    I'm sure even I'm missing some, there's a lot.  Not complaining though, I love Spider-Man.
  • bluewolf
    edited August 2018
    The characters have to have the Spider-verse tag to have the Support attached. None of the Spidey villains have that tag.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    abmoraz said:
    tiomono said:

There's a lot more than that:
    2 more Venoms (1* and EB)
    4 more villians (Vulture, GG, Kraven, and Sandman)
    I'm sure even I'm missing some, there's a lot.  Not complaining though, I love Spider-Man.
    The other venoms nor the villains aren't in the Spider-verse teams.  You can check by selecting them in the roster screen and using the right-arrow at the bottom of the screen to scroll to the next-to-last screen where their character description is.  It lists their team affiliations under the description.  THe only Venom that is a member of the "Spider-verse" team is Agent Venom and none of the Sinister-6 are (they are members of the Sinister 6 instead)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean... at least no one's been asking for yaro root to be a playable character...
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    abmoraz said:

For some reason, Nebula is not listed as being a Guardian. So, only 9 of them.
  • broll
    edited August 2018
    Tony_Foot said:
    broll said:

A joke that failed to connect as a feature that failed to connect.
    You don't like supports? You should have said something before.

HA!  This made my morning!  Touche my good sir.

Tony_Foot said:
    Anyway another good looking support, can't wait for these to come to pvp. Make it so devs, make it so. Hopefully as soon as the stones have rotated through.
    Then you had to go and ruin it!  lol

If they release supports into the PvP wild like this it's going to be like letting a herd of deer loose in a mall.  There are going to be people with a single powerful support on a useful character.  They will be people with a single powerful character on a non-useful character *cough*Gambit*cough*, there will be people with little supports on many things, there will be people who have had bad luck and don't really have anything useful, and then grumps like me who just refused. 

No one will be able truly tell the level of their opponent unless they take the time to look at their roster and their supports, which most won't do especially since speed is usually the most crucial factor...

or in short:

• broll
    edited August 2018
    bluewolf said:
    Do you like seeing people leave pvp at the scl 7-9 level?  Would you like to see more leave?

Then turn on Supports in PVP.
    Do you like seeing people leave the game?  Would you like to see more leave?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Do you like seeing people leave pvp at the scl 7-9 level?  Would you like to see more leave?

4* pvp is already doing a grand job in that regard, yet people seem intent on having that anyway.