4* DDQ: War Machine vs Thanos

Anon
Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
280 3/5/5 War Machine got this easily.

Got 8 Green and a super crit cascade off by turn 2 and Thanos could never get back into it. Eventually Got off 2 reds and another green and he was dead. Super easy.

Hoarding LT for 5* Loki.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos really struggles with these as an enemy. Lvl 154 5/5/4 War Machine won first attempt and was never really in trouble - what a change from last one!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    275, went 5/3/5, saved my red until I also had green. Fired the combo, got lots of attack tiles on the board, bled him out. 

Token got me.. Um. Jubilee. With a bonus Shuri that was the 3rd green I needed to make her 13 covers. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    This crash always confuses me. Usually there is some story connection between the two combatants or one will counter the other's abilities strategically in the game. I always thought War Machine should fight Iron Man or at least someone with defense/invisibility tiles ((shrug)). I guess Thanos can counter War Machine a bit with his purple.

Anyways... 3/5/5 280 War Machine brought the big guns against Thanos. I cast all his abilities blue, green, and then red. It was over pretty quickly as my colors just seemed to drop in my favor. Token to the hoard.
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    This was a struggle for me, i had a level 188 3/4/2 War Machine, used 2ap boost in all colors, 2 ap boost in red, and 2 ap boost in green. Won with 1,589 health left. The token got me a 5 star captain america (infinity war) in yellow, WITH a BONUS okoye in black!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Bought the HFH offer to get the blue cover, to bring WM to 5/3/2 209 (moreso to be able to get the Nebula cover from Shield training)

Against Thanos, it took me 3 attempts. Getting a red and green out pretty early made a big difference, as the attack tiles were chipping away about 1000 heath per turn

Token was .... a War Machine red ... thank goodness for cover saves
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    This crash always confuses me. Usually there is some story connection between the two combatants or one will counter the other's abilities strategically in the game. I always thought War Machine should fight Iron Man or at least someone with defense/invisibility tiles ((shrug)). I guess Thanos can counter War Machine a bit with his purple.
    The connection is in the first issue of Civil War II.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/5 champed War Machine layethed the smack down on Thanos’s big candy ****. Much different experience at lvl 272 vs the last time this ran.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Completed it on my second attempt with my level 209 4/5/2 War Machine.
    On my first go, I concentrating on denying green and purple.  That drew the match out, and at two covers my own green power didn't do much damage.  Eventually Thanos got his purple off, which blocked my green and red powers, with the extra damage taking me down.
    On my second attempt, I chased red first and got a few attack tiles on the board.  I got lucky with Thanos's green countdown getting matched away before firing, and managed to hit him with my blue power for a large chunk of damage.  After that, I was able to chip away the rest of his health pretty easily.
    The legendary token is waiting for Loki to become available.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3. Got destroyed at level 209, so I went ahead and champed him because I had the ISO on hand, and managed to get enough blue and green to fire those off a couple of times while denying purple.

I completely forget who I got from the token. It's been a long, full weekend, and my brain is not working too well right now.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy enough for a champed war machine. 
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Easy one with a 4/5/2 lvl 209 Rhodey. Blocked green while gaining blue and red. One chest scan and a couple aerial assaults and Thanos was down. No punching my WM through the chest this time!
  • PwnNoobz
    PwnNoobz Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Just beat it on my fourth try with a 2/2/3 lvl147 war machine. Used +2 red, +2 green, and +2 all ap. Key was to fire red with green and get lots of attack tiles early. 

Token to the hoard.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Win using lv 168, 3/2/3 on 2nd tries with +50% dmg, Blue and Purple, +50% dmg Green and Black and +2AP Yellow and Red. It is really helpful to fire red early for the attack tiles for increase damage.

Reward is a blue War Machine.