MPQ Sneak Peek: August Edition *Updated (8/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    It would have been nice if the Wasp progression cover wasn't yet another yellow: lots of the covers given as rewards for the Ant-Man & the Wasp promotion were already yellow Wasp covers, so it would have been nice to see something different.
    Do you consider the saved cover feature something different?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    jamesh said:
    It would have been nice if the Wasp progression cover wasn't yet another yellow: lots of the covers given as rewards for the Ant-Man & the Wasp promotion were already yellow Wasp covers, so it would have been nice to see something different.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The max level on SHIELD Training is 209, right?

If so, this will be my first time ever with all three characters at that point.

• jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    NotBAMF said:

Yes 209 minimum.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to be a couple of Shuri covers short, I think :neutral:
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    10 covers looks like the magic number ... just about to get my 9th War Machine cover in the daily supply, so he is going to come up just short

I've got Bucky to 209 for his crash, and Shuri has 11 covers so I can get her to 209 (from 131)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:
    No, because we had saved covers then too.  I'd just prefer a different colour rather than yet another yellow saved cover.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    10 covers looks like the magic number ... just about to get my 9th War Machine cover in the daily supply, so he is going to come up just short

I've got Bucky to 209 for his crash, and Shuri has 11 covers so I can get her to 209 (from 131)
    You can do it with nine covers if you happened to end up with a 5/4/0 distribution.  If they are spread over all three colours, then you do need ten.
  • iron-n-wine
    Options
    thanks jamesh - good to know!
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jtsings said:
    NotBAMF said:

Yes 209 minimum.
    Does anyone know how much iso it cost yo level a 4* character from 70 to 209?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    talleman said:
    jtsings said:
    NotBAMF said:

Yes 209 minimum.

About 150k
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    talleman said:
    jtsings said:
    NotBAMF said:

Yes 209 minimum.

About 150k
    Thanks
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Once cover saving went live, I worked out that you can take 2 characters to 209 from 70 for what it costs you to go from 70 to champ on a 4* - as mentioned it's a bit more than champing a 3* to go from 70-209. So I've been trying to bonus my 4* roster all to 10 covers and let Shield Training drive my iso spend. I'm going to use the 5* release weeks to champ somebody in between so I don't just have a huge, middling roster. So far it's working out well, but i have 10 more characters (not including nebula or devil d, but i got a 10th on howard yesterday) that still need some covers to get there.
  • iron-n-wine
    Options

Realised I can get my 10th cover in the hfh store when his crash starts
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(8/23/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby the date for savory looks incorrect, should be 8/26 right? I mean I'm all for the crash every 2 days haha
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby the date for savory looks incorrect, should be 8/26 right? I mean I'm all for the crash every 2 days haha
    Woops! A little too savory of a DDQ event. Thanks for the heads up. I've corrected it to say the 26th
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once cover saving went live, I worked out that you can take 2 characters to 209 from 70 for what it costs you to go from 70 to champ on a 4* - as mentioned it's a bit more than champing a 3* to go from 70-209. So I've been trying to bonus my 4* roster all to 10 covers and let Shield Training drive my iso spend. I'm going to use the 5* release weeks to champ somebody in between so I don't just have a huge, middling roster. So far it's working out well, but i have 10 more characters (not including nebula or devil d, but i got a 10th on howard yesterday) that still need some covers to get there.
    Yeah, I've recently adopted this same strategy. I used to just champ my newest 13 cover 4* but honestly I've champed almost everyone that I really wanted to use for pve or pvp. And I'm not farming my 2s anytime soon until the backups probably have at least 20 saved covers then I'll sell my champed ones, so iso is piling up like crazy. I'll go into each Shield Training with at least 450k to cover the cost of a worst case scenario that I have to level up three low level 4s to 209. So right now my only problem is getting covers for about 8-10 characters so that they have at least 10 covers. And for my guys that are at 209 and ready to champ I like to take them up about 5-10 levels at a time. You slowly see more progress and it doesn't hurt to see that you just drained your iso stash if you had opted to go to 270 in one fell swoop.

I was thiiiis close to champing Invisible Woman this morning, wanna play with her in pvp, but I held off because I wanted to get my tenth cover for Shuri first and level her up. Now I see that Iron Spidey is on the horizon so with some good placement in pve I could potentially get mine up to a nice 4/4/4 soon. I got my War Machine up to a beautiful 4/4/4 this morning and some covers are on the way for him to theoretically be champed soon. Oh, WM, you could really use a rework and then you could get some serious playtime with Medusa and Carnage in pvp. Oh well.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby what happened to Gambit and Captain America (First Avenger) in the 5-star essential order?
  • Quebbster
    Options

Huh, didn't expect OML as the essential fivestar now. Maybe they had a plan, then it got changed due to the MCU 10th anniversary, and they just kept going where they would have been without the interruption?

Since I sold my Gambit I don't mind it at all though.