Petition to improve Devil Dino Champion rewards

2»

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I posted some prospective buffed builds to Dino over in Speculation and Concepts: 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74750/prospective-upgrades-for-devil-dino

Let me know what you think.

I'd be happy with any of these, but build #3, where each Champ level increases his level by 3, would be the best way to reinforce his role as a prestige vet reward/hunk of hitpoints/anniversary vault excitement. Plus it wouldn't upset people's tier-balancing and MMR like my previous suggestion of just upgrading him to a 5-star would.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    It’s time to do away with the special characters.  We only have 2, Dino and Howard yet we can get a Howard cover whenever his event runs. Just put them into normal rotation and be done with it.  
    "We only have 2 in the 4* tier".

because Bagman and Yelena would both like to say "hi".

KGB

And other than the gotta have them all crowd ever consider rostering Yelena. There was a reason she turned into a "limited" character, which I'd debate is even limited compared to bagman.

Likewise Bagman is a vet "I've got a roster spot to spare" character, which for me, was the exact reason that I finally decided to roster him a while back. Plus a Spiderman character so has somewhat more appeal to roster than most limited characters.

Thing with Dino, imo is two fold. He's only available once a year. I remember starting around first Ant-Man movie and sold off all my Dinos during the anniversary cause roster spots were more important than him at the time.

Then he becomes your per year marker rewards. Okay, after a year, I could afford to roster him. Three years later I have a 280 DD. 

In no way is he an essential 4, but he is a that is something of a conundrum on what to do with. He's a long term payoff character in terms of rewards, but also a very expendable cover if you're not in balanced roster state. 

If MPQ has an Expendables team, he would be Mickey Rourke.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I think you guys are missing the point. Being able to roster Devil Dino is the reward. :)

The only thing he's missing at this point is a Moon Girl support.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    No one, ever, anywhere, is missing a support.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    kk3thess said:
    No one, ever, anywhere, is missing a support.
    I'm missing quite a few since they seem more rare than 5* characters.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    It’s time to do away with the special characters.  We only have 2, Dino and Howard yet we can get a Howard cover whenever his event runs. Just put them into normal rotation and be done with it.  
    "We only have 2 in the 4* tier".

because Bagman and Yelena would both like to say "hi".

KGB

I got 10 bag man in playng in Sim over a few days near the end of the season.  So yea might be limited but I can still get many more in a week then I can of Dino in a year.  He gives out an LT for level 144, Dino has 0 Special champ rewards.  So if you make the champ rewards double of a normal 4* then fine but he isn’t.  

As for 1* yelena......yea.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards

I got 10 bag man in playng in Sim over a few days near the end of the season.  So yea might be limited but I can still get many more in a week then I can of Dino in a year.  He gives out an LT for level 144, Dino has 0 Special champ rewards.  So if you make the champ rewards double of a normal 4* then fine but he isn’t.  

How do you get so many Bagman covers?  I've had him champed for almost 2 years now (played both April fools events with him champed) but he's barely L120 because I only get about 1 cover every 4-6 months. I play Sim to 2000 and every PvP to 575 (and now about 1/2 to 900 with wins based PvP). I almost never play lightning rounds (which is where so many claim to get a lot of his covers).

So what gives on how one player gets so many more than someone else. I don't even get that many 2* cover rewards in general. Do you have to beat a team of a certain level or a certain makeup (all 4* or all 5*) to trigger more 2* or Bagman cover drops?

Anyway, from my perspective I get way more DD covers than Bagman covers even though DD is only available once a year for a limited time (typically get 4-7 covers during that time).

KGB
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see him and 3* Hulk get a character rebalance for Anniversary. Dino's another character that would fit in well with Carnage and Medusa.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

How do you get so many Bagman covers?  I've had him champed for almost 2 years now (played both April fools events with him champed) but he's barely L120 because I only get about 1 cover every 4-6 months. I play Sim to 2000 and every PvP to 575 (and now about 1/2 to 900 with wins based PvP). I almost never play lightning rounds (which is where so many claim to get a lot of his covers).

So what gives on how one player gets so many more than someone else. I don't even get that many 2* cover rewards in general. Do you have to beat a team of a certain level or a certain makeup (all 4* or all 5*) to trigger more 2* or Bagman cover drops?

Anyway, from my perspective I get way more DD covers than Bagman covers even though DD is only available once a year for a limited time (typically get 4-7 covers during that time).

KGB
    I had almost 400 wins in Sim.  That’s how. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just think of them as trophies.

And sometimes I use Howard with others who go invisible, just for fun.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    With a max champed Dino and spare clone, I’d love to retroactively double dip into any new champ reward structure. I’m behind OP all the way. D3, get on this.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

KGB
    I had almost 400 wins in Sim.  That’s how. 
    Amount of battles make a huge difference.  When I went from score based PvP to wins based I went from a bag man ever 3 months on average to once every 2-4 weeks.  I've max champed mine and and my dup is 2/4/2 already.  Before I switched my bagman was like 138ish.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    ^ Wins based, though I don't do it all the time, has definitely sped up my Bagman, too. I just recently max-champed my second.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    ErikPeter said:
    He should be boosted once in a while, and he should be a feeder for a new 5* event character.
    Moon-Boy!!!

A-Bomb and/or Skaar!!! !