Power Stone Season Update (8/22/18)

2»

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee said:
    KGB said:
    Not a single update to anything. :(

Must be saving it all for the 5 year anniversary week :)

KGB
    Whoa, I've been playing the same mobile game for 4.5 years? That's pretty insane/impressive that it's kept me interested this whole time.
    I was just thinking the same thing.  It's really been a long time since a single-purple-cover Dancing Dino was my roster's ultimate tank in the first Anniversary :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shouldn’t we be getting Loki entering latest legends ?
    He should on Monday.

5*s roll into Latest 2 weeks after their limited stores close.  They are not announced as part of a season change because they are two separate events that may or may not be timed close at all and have never overlapped.  
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the thing about mobile games.  There are typically 2-3 major updates per year where they add a major change.  Everything else is usually bug updates and adjustments based on client needs.

wht other games do do is have regular scheduled balance updates.  Some do wiartrrly, some do monthly.  The issue with MPQ right now is they announced last year balance updates on a seasonal bases and then fell off.  If they would just talk and say they are looking to do balance updates on a _____ basis and stick with it the community would be fine.  Even if they come out later and say they are going to delay more balance changes due to XX the community would be fine.

overall the biggest issue is the same as it always has been and that is poor communication 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    wymtime said:
    Here is the thing about mobile games.  There are typically 2-3 major updates per year where they add a major change.  Everything else is usually bug updates and adjustments based on client needs.

wht other games do do is have regular scheduled balance updates.  Some do wiartrrly, some do monthly.  The issue with MPQ right now is they announced last year balance updates on a seasonal bases and then fell off.  If they would just talk and say they are looking to do balance updates on a _____ basis and stick with it the community would be fine.  Even if they come out later and say they are going to delay more balance changes due to XX the community would be fine.

overall the biggest issue is the same as it always has been and that is poor communication 
    I'm pretty sure that it was said somewhere (I don't remember where, might have been Discord) why they backed off on it.  They felt that in 2017 they didn't do many big features and QoL things because they had to spend so much effort on the re-balances.  So they decided to change gears and do the opposite and we got a lot of big things this year: Toggle off animations, AP bar, add up special tile values, saved covers, Hybrid PvP, Supports, etc.  

I do agree that the problem is communication and while it was communicated somewhere, it definitely wasn't a Brigby announcement that most people that come here would see, and it was said after we had missed 5+ re-balances in a row.  If it were announced that they were holding off on re-balances as why as clearly as when they announced seasonal re-balances it would have helped a lot.  They set an expectation and then just stopped meeting it without telling people not to expect it anymore, set a different expectation,  and/or any rational as to why the shift was being made.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    wymtime said:

I'm pretty sure that it was said somewhere (I don't remember where, might have been Discord) why they backed off on it.  They felt that in 2017 they didn't do many big features and QoL things because they had to spend so much effort on the re-balances.  So they decided to change gears and do the opposite and we got a lot of big things this year: Toggle off animations, AP bar, add up special tile values, saved covers, Hybrid PvP, Supports, etc.  

I do agree that the problem is communication and while it was communicated somewhere, it definitely wasn't a Brigby announcement that most people that come here would see, and it was said after we had missed 5+ re-balances in a row.  If it were announced that they were holding off on re-balances as why as clearly as when they announced seasonal re-balances it would have helped a lot.  They set an expectation and then just stopped meeting it without telling people not to expect it anymore, set a different expectation,  and/or any rational as to why the shift was being made.
    Same thing happened to more frequent 4* versus events. It was even touted along with a change to token odds so we would have more opportunity to get covers for 4*s through their special stores. Then they shifted gears on that thinking and let us know only after we started asking why it felt like the 4* versus events had slowed dramatically compared to their stated goals.

All we want is good communication. Not communication after we demand it because something is not matching up with what they previously stated. Reactionary communication just leads to player frustration.