Power Stone Season Update (8/22/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the updates to the Power Stone Season starting tomorrow, 8/23.

Pack Updates

• Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men) is being added to packs.

Gambit (Classic) Sell-Back Price Update

• The sell-back price for Gambit (Classic) is being returned to the default 5-Star sell-back price.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a single update to anything. :(

Must be saving it all for the 5 year anniversary week :)

KGB
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wowza what an update! 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Thrilling.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not expecting anything big for Anniversary especially after getting the saved covers system but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing something cool like maybe a better rewards system for pve or even something like a test run of a brand new pve season or training mode to test out character teams.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Um, guys? In the last 20 days we've received unlimited saved covers, useful character updates which allows us to see the dominant color on the board, two additional 5-star feeders, and free login bonuses for the 10 Years MCU celebration.

Not every new season is going to have major changes. New seasons start all the time and changes don't have to (and shouldn't) be attached to them.

Eh, I suppose you're right.

But to say we shouldn't expect character updates on season changes is a little disingenuous. They set the precident that that's when they'd do them and for several seasons in a row they did, most good, some bad, but they did them all the same.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Shouldn’t we be getting Loki entering latest legends ?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    5 stars are not added on season changes, they go in 2 weeks after their special launch store closes.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last three weeks have been amazing. They've earned a breather.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that we've had a great month but I don't think that makes the season update any less disappointing. They're two separate things. Like, if we finally get a buff to Banner or Ock (or Wasp) and they're great, it wouldn't excuse crummy character releases. We want them to be firing on all cylinders, not getting most of them most of the time and letting something go lax, you know?

I'm willing to chill in general because there was bound to be some "rebalance" effort put into observing Gambit stats and making sure the last change was a good one, and I can see them waiting to make sure Gambit is 100% done before moving on (especially with rebalancing other 5*s, since they need the post-Gambit meta to settle a little), and it's convenient timing that the next season update could come right in time for Anniversary, and after a year of Gambit getting another rebalance for anniversary would be super rad.

But that doesn't make another mostly empty season update thread any less disappointing. Finding the silver lining doesn't make the cloud go away.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    5 stars are not added on season changes, they go in 2 weeks after their special launch store closes.
    Thanks for the info I’m holding on to my tokens until he arrives 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the players are observant enough, they would have noticed that there are frequent updates made to characters in Release Notes. The last one we had is on 23 Aug. As a matter of fact, most changes can be found in Release Notes. 

If you are looking at major changes to character abilities such as match damage, ap cost or abilities overhaul, then I think the Devs have already shared the criteria and the metrics they are using to determine whether a character needs a buff or nerf.  The players can recommend changes that they think is right, but the devs still have to run the numbers. Most importantly, they have to judge whether buffing X character is urgent and important. If it's not, it will be way down on the priority list.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Not a single update to anything. :(

Must be saving it all for the 5 year anniversary week :)

KGB
    Whoa, I've been playing the same mobile game for 4.5 years? That's pretty insane/impressive that it's kept me interested this whole time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Um, guys? In the last 20 days we've received unlimited saved covers, useful character updates which allows us to see the dominant color on the board, two additional 5-star feeders, and free login bonuses for the 10 Years MCU celebration.

Not every new season is going to have major changes. New seasons start all the time and changes don't have to (and shouldn't) be attached to them.

Eh, I suppose you're right.

But to say we shouldn't expect character updates on season changes is a little disingenuous. They set the precident that that's when they'd do them and for several seasons in a row they did, most good, some bad, but they did them all the same.
    Precedents can be un-set to be fair and perhaps that is the case now.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    It really is about time PVE had season rewards just like PVP. Its bizarre this still isn't a thing. 
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    It really is about time PVE had season rewards just like PVP. Its bizarre this still isn't a thing. 
    I could swear this was mentioned a long time ago in a video, back when they released those once in a while. Nothing has ever been said again about it, so much so that I have started to think I've been hallucinating ever hearing it. But this would be a nice addition to the PVE side of the game, they could put in a few Support tokens there.... (wink, nudge...)
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    The changes we have gotten in the last month and all the MCU 10th anniversary stuff has been great. I'm not concerned if there are no big season updates.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    rewards are already tilted outrageously towards pve.  i'd be ok with pve season rewards if they improve pvp event rewards.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I’m only concerned because I have been conditioned to be. They have released some great features lately... but how long will they coast on that momentum? If we get no great/big/decent changes for the rest of 2018, are we supposed to say “yea.... but saved covers!”

I’m fine with this season not having updates. Just worried that there will be a lot more seasons like this to follow...