Panther rage vs. Winter Soldier

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Rather easy, champed WS. Two purple attacks that stole his AP. A blue and short after a red that landed so perfect that the next match downed the poor kitty.  B) Oh and LT gave me IW Captain 13:th cover, not bad!

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/5/4, L215 here. I took +2 B/P in because why not. I managed to fire my blue, and two trap tiles arranged themselves beautifully for Panther to match them on his next turn, so I promptly let him do so. 2K+ in attack tiles later, Panther bled out. 

Sandman champ level with the token; the resulting CP gave me enough that I took a shot on a Classic pull and got a Cyclops champ level. That's all right.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost the first time with my level 272 Bucky: I wore Black Panther down to about 600 health when he took me out.  Black Panther kept on matching my countdowns and avoiding my traps.

Second time around, I comfortably won.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Cake walk for 4/5/4 lvl 278 Bucky. I ate up the blues and somewhat blocked black. A couple sniper shots and one detonation later, the match was over and Buck still had 14k+ health left.

Shame this is a pre-deprogrammed Bucky instead of the White Wolf.

LT was a purple Nico for the saved covers pile.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a champed Winter Soldier. I put in +2 red, +2 Blue/Purple, and +2 All AP. Not because I was afraid of Panther, but because Bucky is so darn slow and I didn't want to spend half my day gathering AP for his lame powers.

I swear, Winter Soldier is my absolute least-favorite 4-star. It's too bad, because I love that character from Brubaker's run on Cap and of course the movies (Winter Soldier remains Marvel's best movie to date). I want to use him and like him, but he's just terrible in MPQ.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Won this first go with my 5/1/5 lvl 209 Bucky. Wasnt particularly fast, but denied black until I was able to get off a red
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Not nearly as bad as I anticipated. I did take a few red boosts in for security but the board was incredibly red starved so they didn’t really help. Denied black and yellow at all costs and slowly plodded along until I gathered the red to finish him off.

4/3/5 — 210
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fearsome Feline vs. Captain Caveman!
    Pretty easy fight for my 278 3/5/5 Soldier. I kept pinging his black with my purple to keep him from getting too rage-filled. He matched one of my traps, so that nasty 3k attack tile took him down in a few turns.

My reward was a champion level for Professor X.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    First time I tried with my champed 275 winter soldier I lost and BP had 3 hp left... Never had something like that happen before.

Second try I got a red off early and matched it to down him before losing 1000hp.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3 Lvl 276. I just now realized that I never re-specced him after I champed him. Shows how often I use him, which is sad, because he's arguably my favourite MCU character. Anyhow. First try, absolutely awful board, I was stuck matching green about half the time. Did some decent damage, but hit the dirt at the end of it. Second try, got a board with more even balance, traded back and forth a bit, but I basically had control of the fight. Finished him off using Precision Shot to let me match my Moving Target countdown, which felt pretty cool.

Token was an Okoye red. Got at least one in every colour for her now.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 273. Easy enough, nailed him with a Detonator early on and cleaned up quick after that. 

Saving the token until Loki moves into Latest.
  • barrok
    barrok Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Did it with a 1/3/1 Winter Soldier. Took me 8 tries. Final try I had a red countdown out, was able to use my purple to drop a tile so that I could match it. Killed him with 401 hp left.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Managed it first try with a champed Bucky. Did the same as @barrok, used purple to make his grenade match-able. Wasn't even close. 
    Token to the hoard.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Took me 6 tries but manage to win with lv145, 5/1/2, +2AP Blue and Purple, +40% Blue an dPurple Damage, +30% Yellow and Red Damage. I try to focus on getting purple  which I can use to steak his other AP. and also need some luck where my Blue countodwn manage to went off and manage to match my own red tiles.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Winter Soldier really struggled, I just couldn't win. Lost 6 times with a lvl 142 5/2/1 so took him to his max 172. Lost again...lots and lots. I was at loss number 12 when I was ready to give up. Deny black, boosts, offer Panther a bribe...nothing worked. Then...I won...all of a sudden everything just clicked - red matched, traps surviving to explode - lucky 13!!!