I've had the same 1* support three times in a row.

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I mean, it's hard enough getting tokens as it is, but I've had a 1* Blackbird three times in a row. That feels...off.

.........dunno what I'm expecting to accomplish with this. just a grumble thread, I guess.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it wrong that I found the most amazing part of this to be 'Someone managed to get three Support tokens?'
    I was going to ask if he wrote them down, my last 3 were probably several weeks if not a month between each.  I couldn't tell you what my last 3 were.  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My last three are Lucky, and... and...

yeah, no idea
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    broll said:
    Is it wrong that I found the most amazing part of this to be 'Someone managed to get three Support tokens?'
    I was going to ask if he wrote them down, my last 3 were probably several weeks if not a month between each.  I couldn't tell you what my last 3 were.  

It's been within the week. Buying ten-packs and such from the MCU vaults.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What are these supports of which you speak?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suspect if I got a run of the same dupe three times in a row, it would stick in my head as well, even if it was spread over a while.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Buy the vault.  Pull Support tokens. Get all dupes.  Buy the vault again , pull Support tokens, get all dupes again.  Rinse and repeat. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they put a reasonable amount of tokens into the game this wouldn't be a bad thing, as dupes would be a solid way to gain Red ISO-8.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I almost just spit coffee all over my keyboard. Oh my, that was funny.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good things come in threes!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I ever get is dupes. I dont mind so much as its RISO I can put into the few supports I do use but its still a bit weird how often it happens. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back when supports were introduced we all got Three Beginner Support tokens, which was neat. The first two I opened were both one-star Avengers Tower, one of the ones everyone already got for free. I guess I had a slightly larger RISO pile than everyone else though.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Back when supports were introduced we all got Three Beginner Support tokens, which was neat. The first two I opened were both one-star Avengers Tower, one of the ones everyone already got for free. I guess I had a slightly larger RISO pile than everyone else though.
    Wow, that really eats.
    First impressions on supports was already kinda low, I can't imagine what you must have thought of them after that.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably the dumbest thing about supports is when you've finally finished maxing out one star level then you have to find a higher level of that same support when really it would make more sense if it acted like champing. You hit level 50 of the 1* and want to upgrade it to a 2* so pay a red iso fee and then you're at level 51. Easy peasy. Also, put supports in progression. It's just so dumb that they're not there already.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Probably the dumbest thing about supports is when you've finally finished maxing out one star level then you have to find a higher level of that same support when really it would make more sense if it acted like champing. You hit level 50 of the 1* and want to upgrade it to a 2* so pay a red iso fee and then you're at level 51. Easy peasy. Also, put supports in progression. It's just so dumb that they're not there already.
    The tradeoff is that you don't have to acquire 13 copies of the Rank 1 support to upgrade it. And acquiring higher ranks lets you skip straight to them.

If they made it like champing and just let you pay Red ISO to rank up, the trade-off would be something like making the RNG for acquiring them even worse than it is already.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    shardwick said:
    The tradeoff is that you don't have to acquire 13 copies of the Rank 1 support to upgrade it. And acquiring higher ranks lets you skip straight to them.

If they made it like champing and just let you pay Red ISO to rank up, the trade-off would be something like making the RNG for acquiring them even worse than it is already.
    If they were as easy to obtain as 1* characters then I'd probably have them all by now along with a decent amount of red iso to level them.